• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Young Head proof sovereign on ebay looks a bit suspect ?

Midasfrog

Just seen this proof (red flag ) young head sovereign selling on ebay finishing in two days time.

Seller has 3 feedback ( big red flag) 

Says payment to be made by bank transfer only ( big red flag )

What do think ? Red flag all round ? 🙈

s-l500.jpg

i notice there are gold plated 1839 sovereigns and half sovereigns selling on ebay - 

The image below isn't one of them.

BI02905_0.thumb.jpg.45b44dc547a51164c53b12db71c41ea5.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

Just seen this proof (red flag ) young head sovereign selling on ebay finishing in two days time.

s-l500.jpg

I haven't got an artistic bone in my body, that said i'm pretty sure I could counterfeit better than that...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

12 minutes ago, Martysmith said:

A lot of dodgy stuff on ebay at the minute. This 1 oz Krugerrand for example, looks more like Freddie kruger than Paul Kruger! Bids upto £820 so far..... Ouch. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372815457981

Everyone should report this listing. That or message the seller telling him it's fake.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

22 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i notice there are gold plated 1839 sovereigns and half sovereigns selling on ebay - 

The image below isn't one of them.

BI02905_0.thumb.jpg.45b44dc547a51164c53b12db71c41ea5.jpg

Very nice, shame about the edge bump though.. I can stretch to spot +3% if you want to offload it. 😬

Ebay dont give a c-r-a-p about this sort of stuff. As long as they get their share they arnt bothered.

I've done loads in the past, even told the sellers. No response off either so I dont bother anymore.

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

s-l500.jpg

Have you got a link to the listing?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Not very good at links so took a picture of the listing :rolleyes:

Checking through his bought items he has been buying fake coins for a few quid , now that is a surprise 

But its ok he says all proceeds go to cancer research  ( yes I bet it does biggest red flag yet )

DSC_5706.JPG

DSC_5707.JPG

13 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Not very good at links so took a picture of the listing :rolleyes:

Checking through his bought items he has been buying fake coins for a few quid , now that is a surprise 

But its ok he says all proceeds go to cancer research  ( yes I bet it does biggest red flag yet )

DSC_5706.JPG

DSC_5707.JPG

You can't post an eBay listing without a PayPal account, so there's another nail in his coffin

49 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Ebay dont give a c-r-a-p about this sort of stuff. As long as they get their share they arnt bothered.

I've done loads in the past, even told the sellers. No response off either so I dont bother anymore.

i have contacted ebay several times about dodgy items - about habitual con merchants - nothing happen most of the time.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

30 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i have contacted ebay several times about dodgy items - about habitual con merchants - nothing happen most of the time.

I wonder what percentage of the listings are either fake or stolen ? must be quite a high percentage 

6 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I wonder what percentage of the listings are either fake or stolen ? must be quite a high percentage 

One reason i nearly always buy on the silver forum.

i have reported the listing as a fraud.

2 hours ago, Martysmith said:

A lot of dodgy stuff on ebay at the minute. This 1 oz Krugerrand for example, looks more like Freddie kruger than Paul Kruger! Bids upto £820 so far..... Ouch. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372815457981

Based in United Kingdom, jahan-7987 has been an eBay member since 24 Oct, 2019

Bids now at £920!

Who on Earth is bidding for these?

Added 0 minutes later...
24 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i have reported the listing as a fraud.

Likewise.

22 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

Based in United Kingdom, jahan-7987 has been an eBay member since 24 Oct, 2019

Bids now at £920!

Who on Earth is bidding for these?

Added 0 minutes later...

Likewise.

me too... Let's be clear, I haven't been sexually harassed... 

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Sometimes I sell immaculate 200£ watches for a sub 100£ on ebay etc. And people haggling me to death or/and want better pics ( even though they are taken with DSLR) How on earth these con artists can sell coins with blurry pics of fake bullion taken on dirty tables is beyond me 😮

Archived