• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hunting for deals on goldsilver.be

StevenDS

I have been seeing some interesting 'deals' on goldsilver.be lately. I could be wrong of course, but they look like deals to me.

I recently bought 20x 2015 Archangel Michael. I created a post about that one, why I thought it was a deal and because they still have more in stock (61 coins at time of writing).

Now I just bought the last 18x silver 2013 China Panda they had in stock for €22,90 each. Other bullion dealers who have them on stock seem to be asking plus €30, eg European Mint (€34,30).

Both the Archangel Michael and China Panda coins I bought are priced with a fixed price. They are not following spot price like most other coins on goldsilver.be. Seems to be related to these coins being from a few years back and last in stock.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

GS.be will increase the price of coins year on year sometimes only a little sometimes a lot depending on stock availability and how well it sells.  By virtue of the fact you have taken the last of their stock at a good price, you could in theory have bumped the price of your own coins up as a lot of people will go to buy from places like GS.be to see if they can get them cheaper than Ebay and the like.  If they are not readily available at a cheap price then the price will rise.  

Something like the panda's will always gain in value even if you have to wait 5 or 10 years to make a nice profit.  Archangels may be a harder sell.

Update: Goldsilver.be has added 30 more of the 2013 silver China Panda for the same price of €22.90. I have immediately bought 12 more to complete a 30 coin sheet. So 18 more left should anyone be interested.

12 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Something like the panda's will always gain in value even if you have to wait 5 or 10 years to make a nice profit.  Archangels may be a harder sell.

I'm planning to sell these during bull market only. This means many new buyers entering the market who probably also be looking to diversify. I'm sure a low mintage Archangel will do well in such a market, being the lowest mintage BU coin of Europe.

1 hour ago, StevenDS said:

Update: Goldsilver.be has added 30 more of the 2013 silver China Panda for the same price of €22.90. I have immediately bought 12 more to complete a 30 coin sheet. So 18 more left should anyone be interested.

2013 is one of the best designs, have you asked if they are in mint condition?   Mine started to milk quite badly

2 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

2013 is one of the best designs, have you asked if they are in mint condition?   Mine started to milk quite badly

I haven't asked. I'm afraid it will be 'luck of the draw'. I myself have not had issues with goldsilver.be, but I have seen their replies on this forum to other members. I would expect them to answer, referring to it being a BU coin. I don't think they will be guaranteeing mint condition. I will stop my storage and have everything I have in their vault shipped on November 4th, which is when one my my pre-order coins should be delivered. I will post pics of the 2013 China Panda then.

On 29/10/2019 at 09:10, StevenDS said:

Thank you Steven. Just bought 5 of them.

13 hours ago, Ron said:

Thank you Steven. Just bought 5 of them.

On 29/10/2019 at 08:10, StevenDS said:

Just bought two.ive got them in storage but hope to get my orders(roughly 21 of them) delivered before xmas.

The 2013 China Panda have now sold out on goldsilver.be

I saw a 'pre order' of 2015 China Panda's though, with interesting pricing, €21.73 (£18.87). They are expecting those delivered on December 17th.

There is no limit on how many you can order for 'pre sale' coins though. I wonder how many they will be receiving.

55 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Did you get 5 in mint condition? Or did some have spots or other discolorations.

I bought 8 and received them last Monday. Thought they looked perfect but after reading your post I took a better look. Found one tiny spot.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

20191113_222449.jpg

Another coin has two very small damages and at these points the coin is shiny (bad pic sorry) 

Must say that I am a little disappointed eventhough it might not be a big deal. But I never bought coins with such a premium (OK,  I still can buy food)  and it is a bullion coin after all but it's just less fun to look at it. 

Waiting for some other panda's (2015-2020) which will arrive mid December but if they are damaged or spotted too I might only buy tubes of maples,  ase's and Philharmonikers in the future 😁😁

20191113_232128.jpg

Guess it's just toning. Found a guy on the internet who had exactly the same issue and send a message to the (respectable) dealer from whom he bought the coin. This was the reaction from the customer service:

"The dot on your coin is called toning. Unless a coin is kept in a completely air tight environment, it will eventually tone or tarnish over time. Our Pandas are received directly from a mint distributor of the Chines pandas, so something mot likely occurred during the minting process for this coin to tone so quickly. If any moisture (workers sweating) or any other foreign substance landed on the coin, this may speed up the chemical reaction necessary for the toning/tarnishing to happen. We assure you that you received a genuine 2012 Silver Panda. If you would like it removed, there are solutions available that you could dip your coin in which would remove the toning within a few seconds. We do not sell this solution, but a quick google search will most likely tell you exactly what you need."

Probably no news to you @StevenDS, don't know if you'll get back to GSBE, but I think I'll leave it at this and take the pain.

Archived