• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/4 oz Queens Beasts - unusual marks

NewStacks

Good day all,

I wanted to get some feed back on issues I’ve had with the quality of some of the Queens Beasts 1/4 oz Gold Proof coins. I know Numistacker did mention this in one of his videos.

There seems to be a mint process error or unusual blemish in the middle of some of the coins. It’s not the frosting on the coin, but some sort of manufacturing issue. I wanted to get peoples feedback and if they have had similar issues.

Image 1: 1/4 oz Proof Red Dragon of Wales Unusual blemish on Dragons claw 

Image 2: 1/4 oz Proof Yale of Beaufort Unusual blemish around hoof area

Image 3: 1/4 oz Proof Yale of Beaufort Picture taken under microscopic loupe without LED lights on

Image 4: 1/4 oz Proof Unicorn of Scotland Again unusual blemish around the hoof (plus a mark at the bottom)

Thank you all in advance. 

P.S All of the above coins were either sent back or in the case of the Unicorn of Scotland, I gave the dealer feedback and passed on purchasing. 

6EE90B61-6E17-4C58-B7C4-463A12FE6237.jpeg

3E1DE0E8-CCF6-4467-8CB7-2C7223F3FD1B.jpeg

00C5631F-890C-49BC-8966-01820C5AA311.jpeg

C2EFA705-08CE-4165-86AA-0269C451DD7D.jpeg

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, AlphaBeast said:

Seeing you managed to keep one of the coins for free (refund from eBay and got to keep the coin - Yale), I'd say you got a great deal! Melt cost at least!

P.s. Thanks for responding back to my message on eBay(!) 

Care to explain this one?

1 hour ago, AlphaBeast said:

Seeing you managed to keep one of the coins for free (refund from eBay and got to keep the coin - Yale), I'd say you got a great deal! Melt cost at least!

P.s. Thanks for responding back to my message on eBay(!) 

I'm intrigued too...

So @NewStacks and @AlphaBeast who riped whom off?

I'm guessing from the above messages newstacks, bought several QB and considered them unsatisfactory. It would appear that his complaint led to him getting both a full refund and keeping the coin. I'm guessing alphabeast isn't too happy as newstacks has made it out like he was hard done by when he reality he will have done very well to get 1/4oz gold for free.

As @AlphaBeast has made the accusation, he really should justify it. This forum relies on trust and knowing who you can deal/trade with. 

4 hours ago, daca said:

Guessing is one thing and knowing is another.

Once  you make a claim about another forum member be prepare to prove that claim.

Indeed. But I don't expect anymore clarification. Only the people involved know what happened and they're not likely to agree.

Good day all,

Whilst I am reluctant to respond to these added messages, I feel I am forced to. Making accusations or guessing what occurred between two members is at best disappointing.

I am not prepared to discuss what occurred between myself and another member to satisfy other members curiosity.  

Bringing unhelpful comments or assumptions onto this forum is distasteful. If anyone from the administrative team needs any form of clarification, then I’d be happy to answer any questions. 

Kind regards & blessings

Simon 

1 hour ago, NewStacks said:

Good day all,

Whilst I am reluctant to respond to these added messages, I feel I am forced to. Making accusations or guessing what occurred between two members is at best disappointing.

I am not prepared to discuss what occurred between myself and another member to satisfy other members curiosity.  

Bringing unhelpful comments or assumptions onto this forum is distasteful. If anyone from the administrative team needs any form of clarification, then I’d be happy to answer any questions. 

Kind regards & blessings

Simon 

Sorry that you felt that you had to reply.

The point that I was trying to make earlier is that there are two sides to every story. If you're concerned about the thread then it might be worth asking a mod to delete it. 

• 10 months later...

I sold one of the coins on eBay.

He could have bought it off me on here, but went through eBay instead, which I understand - 'cover yourself'.

But now seeing the other issues he has had on his other proof coins, it seems like ebay/paypal was a good insurance for him.

From my side, pictures were on eBay etc, He even messaged me on here to see if I was the seller, which I confirm. He could have even asked me for further images and videos, if he was so OCD? I mean I do the same if I am buying something high price which I cannot physically see - common sense.

Everything was okay, then of course I was shocked about the 'complaint' from eBay, as I am a 'legit' seller - I will sell the coin 'as seen', will even make sure any marks or blemishes are shown as much as possible,

If anything, it made me more wary about selling online, especially eBay, even making sure I video everything I sell nowadays.

But guess it's an easy place for buyers to be protected.

I even cheekily asked him for half of the gold melt value, no response. Why would I? £500 free, jackpot! ;)

P.s Only replying because I saw this again, and thought I'd let anyone else know before selling coins through eBay, especially high value items.  I was lucky I got my money back, but I felt my integrity was undermined, especially has ample opportunities to get more images/videos of the coins through here.

Archived