• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1kg Umicore silver bar

cravethatcoin

1kg Umicore .999 fine silver bar for sale

I'm selling my 1KG silver bar produced by Umicore. The bar is one of the most popular 1kg silver bars.

This 1KG contains 32.1507 troy oz of .999 fine silver (spot value at time of thread: £437.24).

I'm selling the bar for £510 including Royal Mail special delivery.

I will post this bar via recorded delivery through Royal Mail once payment has been made.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

1kg-umicore-silver-bar.jpg

20191022_142940.jpg

20191022_142946.jpg

20191022_142951.jpg

20191022_143000.jpg

20191022_143003.jpg

8 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

Spot price for these is currently £430 how much of a premium do these usually go for? I thought with bars its closer to spot compared to coins

You won't find a kilo silver bar for spot or even close to spot. Especially not a new one or of a known brand. Remember we have to pay VAT in the UK on this, and then these normally have a premium on top of that. This bar would set you back around £600 in popular dealers like Atkinson's or Chards.

Edit: I have updated the original post with pictures of the bar.

As @goldmember44 rightly said silver bars at least in the UK tend to be more expensive vs coins. The reason is because unlike coins purchased from Europe bars are not legal tender so do not qualify for VAT discounts.

This bar was one of the first silver purchases I made and unfortunately that means I paid VAT on it :) Thankfully it wasn't too many purchases before I started to purchase from Europe.

This is a stunning bar, the only reason for selling is that I prefer coins.

For reference here is the bar on bullionbypost: https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/silver-bars/1kg-silver-bar/umicore-1-kilo-silver-bullion-bar/

11 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

Edit: I have updated the original post with pictures of the bar.

As @goldmember44 rightly said silver bars at least in the UK tend to be more expensive vs coins. The reason is because unlike coins purchased from Europe bars are not legal tender so do not qualify for VAT discounts.

This bar was one of the first silver purchases I made and unfortunately that means I paid VAT on it :) Thankfully it wasn't too many purchases before I started to purchase from Europe.

This is a stunning bar, the only reason for selling is that I prefer coins.

For reference here is the bar on bullionbypost: https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/silver-bars/1kg-silver-bar/umicore-1-kilo-silver-bullion-bar/

Your price Works out at £15.86/troy oz posted, last time I checked (over weekend) spot was £14.44 now I haven't looked but I'm sure I could not find many if any bars or rounds big or small that cheap posted, great price but its size does scare a few having more money tied up into 1 bar opposed to 32 rounds, great for long term investment/savings

I agree with the above comments, it's a fair price but the drop in spot will put some off. I sold a 1kg metalor silver bar with certificate for £490+post a week ago and it went the same day? Depends how quick you want it sold really. Sub £500 and it will sell quickly. Good luck with the sale 👍

7 hours ago, bilko said:

I am curious, am in the Channel Islands, so no VAT here, does the price include VAT and if so can it be removed if shipping to the Channel Islands as that would make it very affordable for my 1st bar 

The bar does not include VAT but I do not need to charge VAT as I am selling as a individual purchased for myself not a business.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Downs523 said:

That's my thinking, been a month now and not sold👍 

The curious thing about this is that I've noticed several other 1kg umicore bars come up after this post and sell at £500 recently. Does £10 make all the difference or is the lack of trader feedback for OP putting people off? To be honest I've noticed anything above £500 on this forum and sales tend to get much slower which is a real shame! Raid the beer money people! I would be buying this if I didn't have 4 already.

11 minutes ago, firestacker said:

The curious thing about this is that I've noticed several other 1kg umicore bars come up after this post and sell at £500 recently. Does £10 make all the difference or is the lack of trader feedback for OP putting people off? To be honest I've noticed anything above £500 on this forum and sales tend to get much slower which is a real shame! Raid the beer money people! I would be buying this if I didn't have 4 already.

They're nice little chunky monkeys...

Buy it you know you want to 

I'll be keeping an eye out for a few more 

With the conversion rate it works about €600 Plus the post for me... 

Bloody high spot price....

34 minutes ago, firestacker said:

I've bought about 5 items off here and my trader feedback is 0? I dont even know how to give or receive it.

On a side note I was considering this bar but it would need to wait till payday in 2 weeks time.

1 minute ago, R2DANIO2 said:

I've bought about 5 items off here and my trader feedback is 0? I dont even know how to give or receive it.

I would say it matters more if you're selling. Buyers take on the risk as you normally make a payment first before you recieve the item.

Archived