• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1934 5 Reichsmark Potsdam Church

SILVERFINGER

Saw this coin and needed it, wasn't cheap for this type of coin (don't bother asking a gentleman never tells ;) ) but the condition of it is what swayed me as nearly all I see are well used.

This version of the 5 Reichsmark coin was released to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of the Third Reich and was only made in 1934 & 1935, the Potsdam Garrison church was shown on the reverse while the Imperial style eagle with swastikas was on the front.

This one was manufactured at the Stuttgart mint denoted by the letter F under the church

The rarer coins have a date either side of the church.

The Potsdam Garrison church was built by the Prussian royal family, it was made to give the officers & soldiers a place of worship who were stationed guarding the royal family.

It became the place where Adolf Hitler wanted to celebrate dissolving parliament and setting up a dictatorship, it survived an allied bomb hit during the war and ended up in the East German zone, work began on restoring it but the communists had it destroyed, there are now plans and funds to have it rebuilt.

Most of the 20th July Hitler assassination  plot members and their family's met there and worshipped there.

DSCN2157.thumb.JPG.f2e6d3b600bbe0d86869f2c4cfbca769.JPG

DSCN2158.thumb.JPG.0b84ee7e9e9d69e4e9e311099143b4f0.JPG

Here it is along side the other two coins I have, mintage of these coins below was the following,

5 Reichsmark 1934 F   4,844,000

5 Reichsmark 1939 D   1,216,000   

2 Reichsmark 1937 D   6,190,000

The mintmark letters are below

A = Berlin
B = Wien (Vienna)
D = München (Munich)
E = Muldenhütten (Dresden)
F = Stuttgart
G = Karlsruhe
J = Hamburg

5 Reichsmark coins were made in .900 silver, 

2 Reichsmark coins were made in .625 silver

DSCN2160.thumb.JPG.5e12f4a3816291fa30407e99ee5ef71e.JPG

DSCN2161.thumb.JPG.86d28c149e8506997ec9590212857f10.JPG

1 hour ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I don't buy enough things yet to make it worth it.....

Chicken and egg - you don't buy much b/c you don't have premium membership - i didn't buy anything and then i got a premium membership.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Chicken and egg - you don't buy much b/c you don't have premium membership - i didn't buy anything and then i got a premium membership.

I don't buy much because I have other hobbies and I am very patient, I could break into my savings now and get a large bar but I would sooner save up for it with dead money, I went that balls deep into buying and selling militaria that you could taste the saltiness of my sac, I made a lot of money from it, I also lost a lot in the end thanks to the EU, so I am a lot more cautious now and happy to just see what comes my way.

• 3 months later...

I like the look of these coins and have just bought a 1936 J and 1938 E 5 Reichsmark coins. The '38 is coming from a seller in Dresden and looks in good nick. I might start slowly in building up a collection of these.

Archived