• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

50p mintages

27 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Just came here to see if there was a post about this! Surprised at the low no of some of the peter rabbit coins last year. Not so much at the high amount of paddingtons though, they're everywhere

Only 1.4 million sets can be put together. Once the 2018 coins run out in BU from RM and Westminster, some of these coins will probably increase in value further. 

I'm still trying to figure out why the 2016 Peter rabbit sells for so much. It cant be because of 1st in series surely? If so best keeping hold of snowman and gruffalo silver 50p with upcoming sequels? 

1 hour ago, h103efa said:

If so best keeping hold of snowman and gruffalo silver 50p with upcoming sequels? 

Im hoping so. Wonder how many they will make of each series. Knowing the Royal mint, they'll still be going when I've retired.

4 hours ago, h103efa said:

]

I'm still trying to figure out why the 2016 Peter rabbit sells for so much. It cant be because of 1st in series surely? 

The silver proof?  The mintage was quite low wasn't it.   15000 ish I think?

As for the circulating coins I had my suspicions about Flopsy but I'm surprised about 2018 Peter and Tittlemouse.   I have quite a lot of those....somewhere.

7 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

The silver proof?  The mintage was quite low wasn't it.   15000 ish I think?

As for the circulating coins I had my suspicions about Flopsy but I'm surprised about 2018 Peter and Tittlemouse.   I have quite a lot of those....somewhere.

Yep 15k, though if I read correctly the non colour 150th anniversary silver proof was only about 8k. You'd think that would be the sought after one. 

I've got quite a few of the 2018 coins. Also a sealed bag of each of the 13 designs circulated. Not sure what the long play for them is. Pass down to kids or just sell on one day. 

Likewise the 10ps. It think I'll just wait until the bunc coins are only available on secondary markets and see how their values fair.

Archived