• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What to collect

Trumar

Hello everyone hope you are all good! This is my 3rd year as a member on The Silver Forum. I have enjoyed reading people’s posts and sales posts. I have seen silver bars and coins I never new about, also sales posts that just blows me away. I stack as and when I can afford to. Before I bore you all into stop reading this this is my question... is there a collection either coins or bars that is out now or coming out that is worth collecting and putting away that will increase in value over the years? I’m only talking 1oz coins/bars as couldn’t afford bigger weights? 

2 hours ago, Trumar said:

Hello everyone hope you are all good! This is my 3rd year as a member on The Silver Forum. I have enjoyed reading people’s posts and sales posts. I have seen silver bars and coins I never new about, also sales posts that just blows me away. I stack as and when I can afford to. Before I bore you all into stop reading this this is my question... is there a collection either coins or bars that is out now or coming out that is worth collecting and putting away that will increase in value over the years? I’m only talking 1oz coins/bars as couldn’t afford bigger weights? 

Look for something thats as popular now that was years ago, like the Marvel character coins, I cannot stand all of that personally, daughter loves it and stacks the series, the superheroes have been around since world war 2 and are still popular now, and the 1st releases are starting to get pricey, also look for something high quality, like the south afrikan archosaurs coins, yes they are expensive but they are stunning 

Unfortunately no-one can really predict the future value of any sets.
There was a lot of interest at the time in the Stock Horse with high premiums shortly thereafter but the series ended prematurely.
I have Britannia and Kookaburra sets.
These coins started off near to regular bullion prices but some years are now getting very expensive.
I just looked at the price of the 2005 Britannia on APMEX and it is listed at $165
The 2004 Kookaburra is $107

The 2 oz Queens Beasts is relatively current and could increase in value as the set progresses.
The Lion and Griffin have become very expensive compared to the others so if you can swallow the pain and grab these at a fair price then perhaps the others will increase in value also.
One of the considerations is that new coins tend to have high mintages.
The Royal Australian Mint Kangaroos are limited mintage and many are getting expensive but as each year is different that might not be a bad set to start now.

@Trumar  If you are more of a collector than stacker, collect what you actually like & don't be too concerned about future values some things you collect will make more in the future some won't.

I'm a big fan of the Queens beast series there may well be potential for future increases in a few sizes, those IMHO may be 2oz silver bullion coins 1/4oz gold bullion & proof & one or two of the 1oz silver proofs & a couple of the 10oz silver bullion coins.

Reading your post again I'd save up & buy the 2oz Queens beasts as I feel they would have more potential than anything else at the moment.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

32 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@Trumar  If you are more of a collector than stacker, collect what you actually like & don't be too concerned about future values some things you collect will make more in the future some won't.

I'm a big fan of the Queens beast series there may well be potential for future increases in a few sizes, those IMHO may be 2oz silver bullion coins 1/4oz gold bullion & proof & one or two of the 1oz silver proofs & a couple of the 10oz silver bullion coins.

Reading your post again I'd save up & buy the 2oz Queens beasts as I feel they would have more potential than anything else at the moment.

I concur with this.

I started by going for bulk but soon got tired of the sight of Britannia’s, but I will take some 2020’s.

If it’s got the Queen’s portrait or Royal (as in the Royal Canadian Mint) I’m interested. Otherwise, no way.

1 hour ago, Trumar said:

@SILVERFINGER thank you. Yeah I have looked at the marvel coins, I wasn’t to sure about collecting them as there is so many made of each! Is there marvel coins dating back to ww2? 

There has been the odd stand alone coins in the past 10 years, then in I think 2016 the 1st coin in the current series (spiderman) came out, but as others say, buy what you really like just incase there is a price crash and you are stuck with them.

4 hours ago, TonyS said:

I concur with this.

I started by going for bulk but soon got tired of the sight of Britannia’s, but I will take some 2020’s.

If it’s got the Queen’s portrait or Royal (as in the Royal Canadian Mint) I’m interested. Otherwise, no way.

@TonyS Thank you.

Haha Bulk Britannia’s that’s one word I will never be using when describing my stack. I would love collecting all the Britannia’s but not sure if I could afford to get them all. 

@TonyS is it right that the 2020 1 oz Britannia is the last to be made with the design on it now? 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Unfortunately no-one can really predict the future value of any sets.
There was a lot of interest at the time in the Stock Horse with high premiums shortly thereafter but the series ended prematurely.
I have Britannia and Kookaburra sets.
These coins started off near to regular bullion prices but some years are now getting very expensive.
I just looked at the price of the 2005 Britannia on APMEX and it is listed at $165
The 2004 Kookaburra is $10

The 2 oz Queens Beasts is relatively current and could increase in value as the set progresses.
The Lion and Griffin have become very expensive compared to the others so if you can swallow the pain and grab these at a fair price then perhaps the others will increase in value also.
One of the considerations is that new coins tend to have high mintages.
The Royal Australian Mint Kangaroos are limited mintage and many are getting expensive but as each year is different that might not be a bad set to start now.

@Pete Thank you. I do understand no-one can predict the future, but there is a lot of people on here that knows way much more than I do, like the information you have given me. Them 2 oz Queens beast are some of the best looking coins on the market, but I don’t think I could get the money for them now. 

4 hours ago, Fastnick said:

I'm definitely with @Pete on the 2oz Queen's Beasts series - I'm certain that these coins will have big legs over the coming years......

@Fastnick Thank you. Definitely know what you are saying about 2 oz Queens beasts, but I don’t think I could afford them now! 

4 hours ago, motorbikez said:

@motorbikez Thank you. I see that the Queens Beast are favorite on here! Yeah I couldn’t stretch to gold or proof also the 10 oz bullion coins! The biggest weight I got is 100 grams bars and I have 3 of them lol. 

The most popular silver series at the moment are the Queen’s Beasts. Another silver series proving popular with stackers/collectors are the Perth Mint Lunar Series of coins (I, II and III). It’s worth starting with Lunar Series III which begins with the Year of the Mouse next year. There are also other series of silver bullion coins worth considering such as the Perth Mint Marvel Series featuring different Marvel superheroes.

4 hours ago, Trumar said:

@TonyS Thank you.

Haha Bulk Britannia’s that’s one word I will never be using when describing my stack. I would love collecting all the Britannia’s but not sure if I could afford to get them all. 

@TonyS is it right that the 2020 1 oz Britannia is the last to be made with the design on it now? 

Set yourself a monthly budget and if needs be save a couple of months and buy what you like. If you’re buying silver for a quick profit, forget it.

Look on here for private sales (you will have to be a premium member to get first dibs).

As for the 2020 Britannia I don’t know.

I'll just drop this here. 😉 Should you want to start the Queens Beast series after all.

I think my package deal offer on the Lion and Griffin incl shipping, air tite capsules and additional air tite capsules for €130 all-in is a pretty good deal. Others are free to comment if it isn't.

No guarantee, but I expect the 1 oz 2019 silver Valiant to do well if the 2020 version is released.

Limited mintage of 100K and pretty low premium for the mintage imo.

Also interesting to stack for premium increase and relative low premium atm are the rectangle dragon bar series from Perth Mint. The first coin (2018) is already showing the premium increase against the 2019 coin even though the 2018 has a limited mintage of 500K and the 2019 has a limited mintage of 250K. Release of the 2020 might give a premium boost to both of the previous years.

On 15/10/2019 at 14:20, StevenDS said:

I'll just drop this here. 😉 Should you want to start the Queens Beast series after all.

I think my package deal offer on the Lion and Griffin incl shipping, air tite capsules and additional air tite capsules for €130 all-in is a pretty good deal. Others are free to comment if it isn't.

@StevenDS Apologies for just getting back to you, I didn’t see your offer until now. This being TSF I do believe this s the best offer I will be offered. Can I get back to you this afternoon about 17.00pm when my wife gets up as she works nights as I would love to take your offer but I need to check that we have the money in the bank first. Is this ok with you? P.S. I want to say to you Sir, thank you very much for your offer to me I know you do not have to offer these 2 Queens Beasts to me. I am very appreciated for this offer! Many Thanks Mark 

34 minutes ago, Trumar said:

@StevenDS Apologies for just getting back to you, I didn’t see your offer until now. This being TSF I do believe this s the best offer I will be offered. Can I get back to you this afternoon about 17.00pm when my wife gets up as she works nights as I would love to take your offer but I need to check that we have the money in the bank first. Is this ok with you? P.S. I want to say to you Sir, thank you very much for your offer to me I know you do not have to offer these 2 Queens Beasts to me. I am very appreciated for this offer! Many Thanks Mark 

Wow, I just withdrew my offer 23 minutes before you have sent this message. I noticed premium on Griffin has increased again and my offer was really low.

I wasn't planning on posting a new sales topic for a while. I'll PM you to see whether we can still agree on a deal, but I will not be able to do €130 for both incl shipping.

5 minutes ago, Trumar said:

Hello @StevenDS so the £130 including postage you are asking for the Lion and Griffin is still on yes? 

I have sent you a PM. I retracted my offer, right before you reacted to my post, due too recent premium increase on Griffin.

My offer was €130, not £130. However my revised offer is more or less in line with £130. Check my PM please.

As a 5  years silver lower i study that 

1. Never buy in bulk what u like ( if u are not a millioner or reseller hah ) ,- other way u will need a 1000 bulks for 1000 diff collections 

2. Buy nice low mintage coins promising to be collections which u like . More chances other will like it too .

If they will not go in value in 1-2 years maximum u can always sale it for what u paid 

3. Don't be one side premium collector only , have collections and also some cheap "Good" silver in case of liquidation 

4. Try to avoid boring official  government silver coins aka American eagle , Canadian leave , etc which almost EVERYONE  is stacking 

Crowd is always wrong and u will pay high premium for something which has 100 MLN of quantities  which will be hard to get back if silver price is not moving 

Good Luck !!

Archived