• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Coins for 2020 Agatha Christie, Victory In Europe, Una Lion, Brexit

h103efa

Gold and Silver Una & Lion coins

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3402768

the reverse a depiction of the figure Una from Edmund Spencer’s The Faerie Queen leading a lion with the inscription “DIRIGE DEUS GRESSUS MEOS” and the date in roman numerals. 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3402770

Brexit 50p - ‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 50 PENCE” and the date of the year, and for the reverse the inscription “PEACE, PROSPERITY AND FRIENDSHIP WITH ALL NATIONS” accompanied by the date 31 October 2019. The coin shall have a plain edge.’

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3402765

The designs of the said two pound gold, silver, silver piedfort, cupro-nickel and nickel-brass coins shall be either:

(a) ‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 2 POUNDS”, and for the reverse a nearly completed jigsaw puzzle with the final piece about to be inserted, accompanied by the inscription “1920 100 YEARS OF MYSTERY 2020” and Agatha Christie’s signature. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “LITTLE GREY CELLS”, save for the gold coin where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge’; or

(b) ‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 2 POUNDS”, and for the reverse a woman holding a newspaper aloft in a celebrating crowd set against the backdrop of the word VICTORY, accompanied by the inscription “VICTORY IN EUROPE DAY” and the dates “1945 – 2020”. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “JUST TRIUMPH AND PROUD SORROW”, save for the gold coin where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge’.

6 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Gold and Silver Una & Lion coins

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3402768the reverse a depiction of the figure Una from Edmund Spencer’s The Faerie Queen leading a lion with the inscription “DIRIGE DEUS GRESSUS MEOS” and the date in roman numerals. 

This sounded quite exciting - but when you look at the notice, the gold coins are denominated £5,000, £2,000, £1,000, £500 and £200 (62.42 grams) so they are going to cost a fortune.  It is a pity they are not going to produce a gold Una & Lion in the standard quintuple sovereign size (even though these cost enough).  There will be a £5 in silver.

20 hours ago, Zhorro said:

This sounded quite exciting - but when you look at the notice, the gold coins are denominated £5,000, £2,000, £1,000, £500 and £200 (62.42 grams) so they are going to cost a fortune.  It is a pity they are not going to produce a gold Una & Lion in the standard quintuple sovereign size (even though these cost enough).  There will be a £5 in silver.

If I am reading the notice correctly, the £5,000 version weighs 5,010 g. That's 161 toz. That's about £190,000 just for the gold. 

I'm pretty sure it won't fit in my tube of fractional gold coins, which is too bad, otherwise who knows, I might have picked one up. 🤔

2 hours ago, RacerCool said:

If I am reading the notice correctly, the £5,000 version weighs 5,010 g. That's 161 toz. That's about £190,000 just for the gold. 

I'm pretty sure it won't fit in my tube of fractional gold coins, which is too bad, otherwise who knows, I might have picked one up. 🤔

But don't forget, there is the 2% discount from the Coin Connection!

Archived