• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Redesign Underway for American Eagles

MetalMandible

12 minutes ago, MetalMandible said:

Glad they are finally doing this...  China has been producing some obnoxious fake American coins/ bullion.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/u-s-mint-to-redesign-gold-and-silver-american-eagles-implement-security-devices

I assure you in less then 30 days after the release the fakes will popup like mushrooms

I like the degree of change they are making.  I absolutely adore the Walking Liberty and St Gaudens designs, and happy that they are remaining.  Two of the most beautiful designs ever created in U.S. coinage history.  Changing the reverse designs with new security features is a nice and much needed refresh while leaving the most endearing features of the current designs.  I've always had a luke warm feeling for the reverse of the ASE, and have always thought the reverse of the AGE was terrible, and a very poor counterpart to the beautiful design on the front.

I’m a Brit that loves American coins and welcome the anti-counterfeiting measures. One of the means by which communist states, particularly China and North Korea, attempt to undermine America’s economy is by flooding the market with fake US currency and bullion.

8 hours ago, mr1030 said:

I like the degree of change they are making.  I absolutely adore the Walking Liberty and St Gaudens designs, and happy that they are remaining.  Two of the most beautiful designs ever created in U.S. coinage history.  Changing the reverse designs with new security features is a nice and much needed refresh while leaving the most endearing features of the current designs.  I've always had a luke warm feeling for the reverse of the ASE, and have always thought the reverse of the AGE was terrible, and a very poor counterpart to the beautiful design on the front.

Agreed, and to add to this comment, I think it's unfortunate that the Platinum/Palladium Eagles get such satisfying designs while the AGE is left with such a mediocre reverse. 

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Resized_15682316988025181019217080947722_618473343229963.jpeg

@MetalMandible  Agree the Palladium Eagle is gorgeous.  I love the one I have and wish I could have got my hands on all three.  Platinum Eagles are a hit and miss with me.  The bullions don't have much appeal for me.  But the proofs, I think some are very nice and others are duds.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived