• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New

SilverNovice

Ive purchased once already just a single coin, a 1oz Silver Britannia and I've just purchased another 1oz coin Maple Coin.
I am looking to begin to grow my bullion over the long term.  My strategy that I think is right from some reading around the web is to buy the cheapest 1oz coin at the time of purchase?? is this correct or is there any value to be had in purchasing coins from different mints i.e. USA or British or German etc.  Purpose of this is to not only have a great looking product but also for some investment in the future in a few years time!  Appreciate that its only a coin here or there but is there is a better way of going about things?

i am not a collector of coins but while i have been looking for cheap as chips silver 

there are a lot of coins around £17.23 to as much as you'd like so they are around 

but me also being a noob here i have noticed special edition coins are what people collect and yes they come with a 

price and from what i gather its not to make money but just have nice shiny coins that people love to have

i hope you enjoy searching for them 

also if your not a member you can join for a month at a time so i am told as most sales of coins and bars and other bits

take place on the members side of the forum maybe worth a look there 

good luck and enjoy 

i for one think its all about how many are struck loads =  small money 

and so on

the people here will best advise you 

there are so many different mints it will be hard i think to stick to one mint 

thats why i dont collect id buy many and be poorer than i am 

Welcome to the Silver Forum! Sounds like you are completely new to silver stacking. The best advice that I can give you for the moment is to purchase empty Silver Britannia and Maple Coin Tubes to hold the 1oz Silver Britannia and Maple coins. The coin tubes can each hold 25 1oz Silver Britannias and Maples. Keep buying more Britannias and Maples in order to fully stack the coin tubes. The empty coin tubes are available online from most bullion dealers. Some forum members also sell them. You can diversify to stacking other silver bullion coins such as silver Eagles and Philharmonics but it’s always best to purchase the empty coin tubes beforehand.

36 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Welcome to the Silver Forum! Sounds like you are completely new to silver stacking. The best advice that I can give you for the moment is to purchase empty Silver Britannia and Maple Coin Tubes to hold the 1oz Silver Britannia and Maple coins. The coin tubes can each hold 25 1oz Silver Britannias and Maples. Keep buying more Britannias and Maples in order to fully stack the coin tubes. The empty coin tubes are available online from most bullion dealers. Some forum members also sell them. You can diversify to stacking other silver bullion coins such as silver Eagles and Philharmonics but it’s always best to purchase the empty coin tubes beforehand.

Why do you need a tube?

1 hour ago, SilverNovice said:

Site is huge! 

Are there any type of coins more valuable to have I. E. American v British? 

Collectors like both. British is good for you though cause no capital gain tax if you sell them. If it's just about weight then the most valuable is the one that cost you the least to buy. There are all sorts of collector types which some consider more valuable like proofs. Also some coins seem to have a lot of collectorbility factor like the uk queens beasts or Chinese pandas some would argue these are more valuable. 

In my personal opinion, stick mostly to coins minted in your home country or at least nearest to that location. I believe they will have more liquidity if you ever find yourself wanting to sell.  It definitely can't hurt to shop for a variety, but recognizability can go a long way..

Welcome to the silver community! Buy first releases that catches your eye. Think of it as a hobby. It does preserve your buying power, but don't go into it thinking you'll get rich. Just have fun researching and accumulating. I find it a great way to save money.

4 hours ago, SilverNovice said:

Site is huge! 

Are there any type of coins more valuable to have I. E. American v British? 

Any coin is worth what you’re prepared to pay for it, what price you will get when you sell it is anyone’s guess.

Silver isn’t a short time investment.

Hi and welcome!  Buy random year coins, they're cheaper than specific year and you may get variety of years. I'd recommend you to sick to UK coins, they should be more liquid in your area, but some coins as Chinese Pandas and Perth Mint Lunars are always in high demand. Screen ebay and see sold lots, it'll give you a picture of the  silver market.

Sounds good! So from what I have took from this :)

> Buy UK based coins for the capital gains advantage

> Buy recognisable based coins - Here I am assuming its from the world powers like USA, Canada, British coins?

> Buy Cheap for weight at the start

Kinda new to this but kinda like having a physical investment and do view it as a  saving!

I would Buy cheap and keep. 

The sales part of the forum is a great resource.

I'd decide what your aim is before buying too much too. if you want to store wealth them buy gold or if you want to collect then silver or gold.

Gold is much easier to store than a similar value in silver.

4 hours ago, SilverNovice said:

what site do you use?

European mint but you would have to factor in the cost of delivery. 

Forum is a good place to get cheap coins I wouldn’t pay over 2 pounds over spot on most coins sometimes it’s hard to find a deal but they are there.

if you like eagles buy them, you have to enjoy what your doing.

Archived