• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 1oz Gold Buffalo BU

Serendipity

I bought this beautiful 2019 1oz Gold Buffalo, also known as an American Buffalo, from Atkinsons. The Native American figurine did not come with the coin but was coincidentally or “serendipitously” on my mantelpiece along with various objets d’art.

The obverse (front) features James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the 1913 Buffalo Nickel. Fraser based the portrait on the Native American chieftains Iron Tail (Sioux), Big Tree (Kiowa), and Two Moons (Cheyenne), who posed as models for him to sketch.

The reverse depicts an American bison, also adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.

C340BB1F-7279-4270-9FD6-47A229411846.jpeg

Sounds like you are into the American west. I live 20 miles north of the Lakota nation and just south east of my house we have herds of wild buffalo by the small town of Scenic South Dakota (population around 6 people)  Before I lost my vision I use to go Fairburn agate hunting by there and when the herds of wild buffalo would run by you it was something to see. Big animals!!!  Most stores around here sell buffalo meat and there is a limited hunting season on buffalo. The biggest pest here are the mountain lions. Last year fish and game dept. killed a old male lion that was hunting around the school playground. Shot him about half a mile from my house.  Got to go,  Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Archived