• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lunar Series III proof : 3500 mintage

jwahind

Lunar series 2  1/4oz gold proofs have kept their value (none that I have seen at auction have sold for less than I paid for any of mine) but if you are greatly concerned  about future values just buy bullion. If you like the proofs best,  buy the 1/10 oz proofs as there are more collectors for that size.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

One complication this year could be that the Perth Mint have produced a different version for the Chinese market.

On another forum I have read:

"heard there will be a Lunar 3 Series especially for the Chinese market. Is this true or false? If true why and where can we see the different design?"

Perth Mint - "Hi - thanks for the enquiry. We are manufacturing a separate range of Year of the Mouse bullion coins for exclusive distribution by our Chinese client Baoquan Coin Investment Co."

So I am not sure whether this will impact on the popularity of the coin.

The mintage numbers for the Lunar II Proof coins were going down since the dragon 2012.

For example: The 1/4 oz goats and monkeys have with 692 and 750 pieces very low "final mintages":  

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Mintages/NEW Mintages 2018/Numismatic Mintages/2015 Perth Mint Numismatic Lunar Coins Mintage Declaration.pdf

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Mintages/New Mintages 2019/2016 Perth Mint Numismatic Lunar Coins - Declared Mintage.pdf

Most people buy the Bullion Versions. So the 1/4 oz mouse 2008 is with a mintage of  5.541 pieces more expensive than the Proofs!

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Mintages/Bullion/The Australian Lunar Gold Bullion Series Two 2008 - 2019.pdf

Good Luck!

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:26, Zhorro said:

One complication this year could be that the Perth Mint have produced a different version for the Chinese market.

On another forum I have read:

"heard there will be a Lunar 3 Series especially for the Chinese market. Is this true or false? If true why and where can we see the different design?"

Perth Mint - "Hi - thanks for the enquiry. We are manufacturing a separate range of Year of the Mouse bullion coins for exclusive distribution by our Chinese client Baoquan Coin Investment Co."

So I am not sure whether this will impact on the popularity of the coin.

Did they mention how the 'Chinese' and the 'Rest-of-the-World' versions differ? Just a mintmark or something entirely different?

Are there experiences with these Baoquan folks?

31 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

Did they mention how the 'Chinese' and the 'Rest-of-the-World' versions differ? Just a mintmark or something entirely different?

Are there experiences with these Baoquan folks?

Yes, I bought some "Goldring Editions" from Baoquan.

It is nice but no real gold in the ring. The silvercoins are original Standard Bullion struck by Perth Mint.  Lets have a closer look:

334750367_goldringhahn041.thumb.JPG.7fcdbb1ab02eb6e2458ae9355ece5016.JPG2119990504_goldringhahn025.thumb.JPG.db2a97c31b3cef4a71c23e4b454e65d9.JPG1088815132_goldringhahn008.thumb.JPG.5adda3a881b2de60d4e9f6a8ffc13518.JPG

24 minutes ago, platinreloaded said:

Yes, I bought some "Goldring Editions" from Baoquan.

It is nice but no real gold in the ring. The silvercoins are original Standard Bullion struck by Perth Mint.  Lets have a closer look:

334750367_goldringhahn041.thumb.JPG.7fcdbb1ab02eb6e2458ae9355ece5016.JPG2119990504_goldringhahn025.thumb.JPG.db2a97c31b3cef4a71c23e4b454e65d9.JPG1088815132_goldringhahn008.thumb.JPG.5adda3a881b2de60d4e9f6a8ffc13518.JPG

I think they have made a mistake with the packaging & I'm not talking about American spelling of coloured. They are showing RAM (Royal Australian Mint) zodiac coloured coin when in fact those coins are made by  Perth Mint.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived