• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello to my fellow collectors of nice and shiny metals!

NiceAndShiny

Hi Forum!

I started stacking this year, and hope to use this forum to buy and sell some pieces, plus to get some more insight into the world of stacking!

Let's kick this post off with a question;

The first piece that i would like to sell is a 10oz Lion from 2017, with a special leather case and COA (1 of 499 limited presentations) from the jubilee mint.

I see that on dealers websites the uncased coin goes for 435-ish (GBP). Any advice on what a fair asking prize would be for this piece?

With regards,

NiceAndShiny

Hi and welcome to tsf, with regards to the lion is it a normal 10oz queens beast bullion Lion ?
if so the coa and the leather case is just fancy decorations on top. 

10 oz lion is a lovely coin,  somebody will help with regards to the price 

5 minutes ago, NiceAndShiny said:

Thanks guys! and @Tn21 yes seems like just a normal bullion 10oz lion

ok so expect a 10oz lion qb bullion price,

coa and leather case pshhhhhh, 

Checking the usual sites it looks as if the Lion will set you back around £435.
Amazing as I paid less than half this amount when I bought mine - bring it on you lovely beasts !!

Recently the bullion versions of  10oz QB lions have been selling for around £250 on here. Check the trade sections and you'll see some not selling at that price.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Checking the usual sites it looks as if the Lion will set you back around £435.
Amazing as I paid less than half this amount when I bought mine - bring it on you lovely beasts !!

What sites are saying 435?? Surely that's the proof type.

Sorry OP I doubt anyone on here would pay too much more than £250 and certainly not over £400 not for the bullion type.

Welcome aboard NiceAndShiny.

sorry my friend, you have overpaid for

10 hours ago, NiceAndShiny said:

special leather case and COA (1 of 499 limited presentations)

44 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Surely that's the proof type.

Queen's Beasts Lion 10 oz Silver 2017 Proof - mintage 750

price 961,29 EUR - just crazy in my opinion  https://www.silberling.de/en/Coins/Queen-s-Beasts-Lion-10-oz-Silver-2017-Proof.html

53 minutes ago, daca said:

Welcome aboard NiceAndShiny.

sorry my friend, you have overpaid for

Queen's Beasts Lion 10 oz Silver 2017 Proof - mintage 750

price 961,29 EUR - just crazy in my opinion  https://www.silberling.de/en/Coins/Queen-s-Beasts-Lion-10-oz-Silver-2017-Proof.html

That's a bit steep. But I think it's become so collectable that the fact it's silver is incidental. 

They are very nice coins and I had the 1/4oz gold ones before selling them. As nice as they are it's still about the precious metal over the collectability for me. 

1 hour ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Recently the bullion versions of  10oz QB lions have been selling for around £250 on here. Check the trade sections and you'll see some not selling at that price.

What sites are saying 435?? Surely that's the proof type.

Sorry OP I doubt anyone on here would pay too much more than £250 and certainly not over £400 not for the bullion type.

Check GS.be and the popular German sellers. The Lion has shot up in price to double the others. We saw this with the 2 oz and you may find the 2 oz Griffin overtaking the Lion so maybe watch the 10oz in the near future as well.

welcome,

sorry but it is 

not

the Proof Version:

you can see the difference between bullion and proof on the shiny background

10 hours ago, NiceAndShiny said:

Thanks guys! and @Tn21 yes seems like just a normal bullion 10oz lion

IMG_20191005_235803.jpg

The Proof Version looks like the following coins They have a mintage of only 1.250 Coins ( 10 oz Version)

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-lion-of-england/the-lion-of-england-2017-uk-ten-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

72368848_Lion10oz.thumb.png.4b8240a9ab8f69d1c49bd10a18e235f7.png

and only 600 coins (1kg Proof Version) 

This ist the 1kg Silver in Proof:1862963316_VPLion.thumb.png.9482a7a36a122f1d063f4416c35af15f.png337965181_LionofEngland1kgProofMausPlatin022.thumb.JPG.29fe2b9b4753be15209c0d8cc567cb3c.JPG1154939674_LionofEngland1kgProofMausPlatin058.thumb.JPG.bd1572d96cf7ae63b35428ceaa701cdd.JPG

Archived