• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello! About to purchase my first silver

StackBPoppin

Hello all,

I live in the North East of England and for some reason I just suddenly got the urge to start buying silver. I've never really collected anything before so this is something completely new to me, I'm glad to see there's a good community here!

One thing I'm worried about is what's going to happen after I make my first purchase... I've been in a situation like this before: I got a bike just to have something to do, and within months I was wearing Lycra and had already bought my third bike.

I'm planning on starting small, I really like the look of the kookaburras and the Chinese pandas. I might get a Metalor silver bar as well. 

I just wanted to introduce myself and get to meet others on this forum!

Welcome to the forum.

Its a little tougher buying silver in the UK considering VAT and higher premiums over gold which is why many buy from Europe as its cheaper.

https://www.europeanmint.com/

https://goldsilver.be/en/

I would highly recommend buying from @arshimo2012 on the forum, completely trustworthy, fast shipping and cheaper than any dealer.

31 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

I would highly recommend buying from @arshimo2012 on the forum, completely trustworthy, fast shipping and cheaper than any dealer.

Absolutely agree with this sentiment- lots of opportunities to buy here on the Forum without lining the pockets of HMRC. 

Welcome! Happy stacking!

Do not forget to check out Backyard Bullion (online and on here) too. The silver is more expensive that you may wish to pay, but it is hand poured and high quality and it is an investment in not just silver, but this forum and also a growing business in the UK. I currently only hold BYB silver - having sold all non-BYB silver to fellow forum members in order to raise cash for gold - which is where I now concentrate myself - with the occasional purchase from BYB!

A. 

1 hour ago, StackBPoppin said:

One thing I'm worried about is what's going to happen after I make my first purchase... I've been in a situation like this before: I got a bike just to have something to do, and within months I was wearing Lycra and had already bought my third bike.

Yeh, this will be a problem for you 😂. Welcome!

Welcome to the Silver Forum, yes you are right to be worried. Silver and gold are bright and shiny so it doesn't take long to get the bug! 

If you are keen to learn about precious metals generally you can find a lot of information on our site. Check out some of our past articles, you will start to pick it up just by having some skin in the game but if there is any aspect you want more detailed information on feel free to give us a call. We are not pushy and won't try to sell you anything, product guidance is freely given.

Here is a link to our Archive which I hope you will find helpful.

Caroline

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

Hiya, from a fellow North Easterner, or are we North Yorkshire now, I can never keep up as they keep moving the boundaries on us
I have just recently joined and caught the bug big time, I did have a set amount that I was going to spend per month but that went out of the window when I seen the Queens Beasts, I am now working as a part time Lap dancer to fund the habit :D

Thank you for all the replies!

I just picked my order up from the post office today... What have I gotten myself into? I absolutely love it!

I bought a 1ozt kookaburra, 30g Panda and a 100g metalor bar which is my absolute favourite, and for some reason I have an unexplained urge to bite it. I'm already eyeing up some 1oz and 5oz Aztec calendar coins, potentially a stack of 5x 1ozt bars and maybe even some 90% junk silver coins.

8 hours ago, StackBPoppin said:

Thank you for all the replies!

I just picked my order up from the post office today... What have I gotten myself into? I absolutely love it!

I bought a 1ozt kookaburra, 30g Panda and a 100g metalor bar which is my absolute favourite, and for some reason I have an unexplained urge to bite it. I'm already eyeing up some 1oz and 5oz Aztec calendar coins, potentially a stack of 5x 1ozt bars and maybe even some 90% junk silver coins.

If you find the 5oz at a reasonable price can you put up a link please? 

Archived