• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I have just been conned on ebay

Peacemaker

Not happy at all, Purchased a slabbed PCS Morgan Dollar from ebay, it arrived today, the seller has taken a picture of the obverse of the coin I received, there are a few minor scuffs which match to identify, it seems PCS dont identify mint mark in description, they have then taken a picture of a complete different reverse showing a different bar code and a lack of mint mark, The coin received has a mint mark which is significantly higher in mintage, 100% feedback too, has other coins for sale, ruined my day!

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

1 minute ago, Shinus73 said:

Return it and get your refund, that’s the beauty of eBay.

Im more annoyed that its not the coin I wanted, I will return and leave accurate feedback of course

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

3 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

I would be concerned that its a complete fake, these are all over alibaba including some in fake slabs

had it been the date and mint it was perceived to be, I was planning on cracking it open anyway to test and put into the album

The hunt is on!

Sorry to hear this. Shame that the seller had 100% feedback too. Just goes to show you have to always trust people but keep an open mind. As others say, you can get your money back as this is clearly not sold as seen, but still - time and hope have gone. Sorry again.

1 hour ago, Peacemaker said:

Not happy at all, Purchased a slabbed PCS Morgan Dollar from ebay, it arrived today, the seller has taken a picture of the obverse of the coin I received, there are a few minor scuffs which match to identify, it seems PCS dont identify mint mark in description, they have then taken a picture of a complete different reverse showing a different bar code and a lack of mint mark, The coin received has a mint mark which is significantly higher in mintage, 100% feedback too, has other coins for sale, ruined my day!

Was it this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1899-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-PCS-Brilliant-Uncirculated-amp-Slabbed-RARE-YEAR-/283599290994?hash=item4207d5c272%3Ag%3AmOoAAOSwlqZdactt&nma=true&si=Yp9IzLWK1yAAQV47Ra2Z4eYR2Uk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The hunt is on!

You never know, it could just be a case of human error and the seller sent the wrong coin to you by mistake.....

It maybe worth contacting the seller first off, and seeing what the situation is and whether it can be sorted out amicably?

12 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

You never know, it could just be a case of human error and the seller sent the wrong coin to you by mistake.....

It maybe worth contacting the seller first off, and seeing what the situation is and whether it can be sorted out amicably?

I have done, I didn't name and shame for that reason, was just having a rant

The hunt is on!

16 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

When i was drop shipping my supplier provided fake Nike’s which i listed and sold not realising they were fakes.  When a customer pointed it out i refunded them immediately and pulled the listing.  

So best see how seller reacts

Seller has asked me to return for a refund, says it was a mistake but I think they were trying to pull a fast one, listing clearly says "RARE YEAR" and the 1899 Philly has only 330,000 mintage compared to the 1899O I received with just over 12 million mintage, but suppose they could have made it more complicated process

The hunt is on!

2 hours ago, tallyhojim said:

I wouldn't of bought anything from a photo like this in the first place, and I always ask if it does not say in the listing, 'is the photograph of the actual item for sale ?'  or I will say 'please can I have a decent picture please I cannot judge the condition from that' , all these simple things help reduce your stress further down the line.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5a0d23ec8e54438f4a351d02976e775d.jpg

35 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I wouldn't of bought anything from a photo like this in the first place, and I always ask if it does not say in the listing, 'is the photograph of the actual item for sale ?'  or I will say 'please can I have a decent picture please I cannot judge the condition from that' , all these simple things help reduce your stress further down the line.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5a0d23ec8e54438f4a351d02976e775d.jpg

This has opened my eyes to the fact not all 100% sellers are reliable, guy says it was a mistake but I'm having trouble wondering how

The hunt is on!

Just now, Peacemaker said:

This has opened my eyes to the fact not all 100% sellers are reliable, guy says it was a mistake but I'm having trouble wondering how

Its happened to all of us mate at some time in our lifes, I got ripped of on a gun years ago, got my money back eventually, but it was stressful and I learned a lot from the experience, its amazing how many emotions you will go through in one hour of finding out you have been scammed, denial, embarrassment, anger, revenge, rational thinking revenge, and learning from our mistakes.

3 hours ago, Peacemaker said:

Trouble is people don't seem to want to give negative feedback.  I have seen clearly dodgy sellers get feedback saying everything is fine or even "Coin copy, got refund" with positive.  

20 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

Big sellers especially get negative feedback erased. The only negative feedback that I ever left was erased from their feedback history. Now no one gets a feedback from me anymore. 

It does surprise me how many sellers have 100% feedback, when they are clearly not 100% trustworthy. It seems very difficult to actually leave negative feedback today. I did manage to leave negative feedback on a very large French coin dealer, after he sent me a coin with a hole in it...hardly FDC as described (got full refund).

The credibility of EBay is slowly diminishing IMHO, and I now absolutely will not buy a coin unless the photographs are superb. DO NOT BUY off poor quality images / scanned images.

Not sure if Data Protection Rules would allow it, but a thread listing dealers I would not buy from would certainly be of interest to me....maybe to avoid ‘issues’ we could call it “EBay sellers I don’t send Christmas cards to’..I am sure we have all had issues with 100% positive feedback sellers...but we seem to have no way of lowering their %...just seems unfair to me.

4 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

It does surprise me how many sellers have 100% feedback, when they are clearly not 100% trustworthy. It seems very difficult to actually leave negative feedback today. I did manage to leave negative feedback on a very large French coin dealer, after he sent me a coin with a hole in it...hardly FDC as described (got full refund).

The credibility of EBay is slowly diminishing IMHO, and I now absolutely will not buy a coin unless the photographs are superb. DO NOT BUY off poor quality images / scanned images.

Not sure if Data Protection Rules would allow it, but a thread listing dealers I would not buy from would certainly be of interest to me....maybe to avoid ‘issues’ we could call it “EBay sellers I don’t send Christmas cards to’..I am sure we have all had issues with 100% positive feedback sellers...but we seem to have no way of lowering their %...just seems unfair to me.

how does some one do that?

i wonder if there is a computer guru here who can se it up 

come on GURU help us mortals

8 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

No data protection issues at all, a forum owner may not want to have a black-list on their site though.

4 minutes ago, musketsmoke said:

how does some one do that?

i wonder if there is a computer guru here who can se it up 

come on GURU help us mortals

Create thread.

:P

2 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

The credibility of EBay is slowly diminishing IMHO

Totally agree, the amount of fake shite on there is unbelievable, I used to report stuff all the time and 9 times out of 10 they do bugger all, its only my OCD/paranoia that has stopped me getting stung in recent years.

Fake silver, gold, militaria, some of the stuff I seen on there,  some scrote on there has been selling modern leather lanyards for pistols, they are apparently super rare and stamped with a fake nazi stamp that you can readily buy on ebay poland, they never made anything remotely like this for what he is claiming and he has robbed 40+ people selling this such rare item according to his feedback, ebay response to my and 20+ members of my militaria forum, fack all,

A % of the blame does rest on the buyer, they should do their homework first, and only accept the best in life whatever it is and whatever it costs, if you aint sure walk away, you will still have your money, sanity and a less stress free life.

11 hours ago, Peacemaker said:

Take pictures and open a case, you will get your money back, hopefully an oversight by the seller and not a blatant con man.

Archived