• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chinese Pandas on Ebay

Shamatti

The 1984 coin should be 38.4mm all the rest should be 40mm - I don't know if this is enough of a difference to show in those pics but you can't see it.

He has very limited feedback. Only 11 as a seller, and only 3 this year. Sold 2 gold coins "over a year ago" and feedback was "Good" That's it!!

Other than that he just sells odd things. A TV, A golf Buggy, a swatch watch....

Could be a bargain there. I'm not sure they look right though....?

That 1989 looks like it has been cleaned with sandpaper.

In the state they are, even if they are genuine, I think I'll pass.

No capsules, badly scratched, colour looks wrong, I'll pass.

Maybe somebody will get a bargain, who knows.

Stacker since 2013

I just realised why they all look dodgy - they 10 yuan mark is missing from them.

Fakes I reckon!

They look smaller as they go to the right because of the perspective with the camera not being centred, but they do all seem to be the same size.

I thought returns 'not excepted' means f all because of ebay/paypal policy. Does it make a difference?

My understanding is if you can get paypal to agree that it is a fake item then they will refund you and you don't even have to return it, just destroy it.

I think this is terribly wrong actually:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082060/PayPal-eBay-buyer-destroy-2-500-violin-deemed-counterfeit.html

But you are right No Returns means nothing if you have been cheated.

I just got a message back from the seller.

"Hi I bought these coins from a coin fair two years ago,and also have sold a couple since with no problems,I have done a magnet test and everything seems fine."

What do we think people? I think he is lying.

Someone else should report this listing. Unless you think they are really silver, in which case you should snap up this 'bargain' lol :blink::ph34r:

Once fakes are circulated then only buyers with good knowledge can avoid being conned.

Fakes can turn up anywhere including some dealers who perhaps haven't checked thoroughly.

If in doubt AVOID regardless of the "bargain" price.

Think these may well be silver, but still fakes. The sandpaper scratches have been deliberately added to make them look older in my opinion. The seller may well be correct in testing and stating they are silver.

That is something I had not thought about - I suppose it would still be possible to make profit using real silver in fakes. You really need to know your coins well to avoid them!

That is something I had not thought about - I suppose it would still be possible to make profit using real silver in fakes. You really need to know your coins well to avoid them!

This was discussed a while back, and i can remember saying at the time, that people could use real silver in their fakes and still make a handsome profit. All I can say though is that it is great having a panda expert in Dave, who, if anyone is unsure of the status of a silver panda, can tell us if it is genuine or not.

But with half an hour to go they are still sitting at £51, and that should tell you everything about whether they are fake or not. BUT, if they are genuine silver "rounds", then getting an ounce of silver for around £13 is not a bad deal, if anyone wants to take a risk. 

:D

No face value - no good  

"One of the surest and easiest tests of the authenticity of a Panda coin is to look for a face value, or denomination. No face value, no good sums up the situation. The only exceptions are medals struck for specific coin exhibitions and 1982 gold Pandas. Here is a silver fantasy Panda. It's not strictly a counterfeit because it doesn't copy a real coin but it could deceive an unwary buyer into thinking it's an actual legal Panda". - Reference PandaCollector.com 

Similarly referenced in 'Gold and Silver Panda Coin Buyer's Guide by Peter Anthony and who is the webmaster for Panda Collector 

As mentioned in the past, the omission of a  denomination avoids potential prosecution from state authorities. Thus it can be claimed that these are being sold as fantasy or replica coins but are definitely not Bank of China mintage

Fake fake fake fake, any clearer? No denomination, the stairs are carpeted on the temple side, the dates are in wrong style.. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE.

Please get off the fence, are these genuine or not?  :P

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I've been wondering about the importance of condition with pandas. I know that the Chinese prefer them to be in perfect condition. I picked up a 2002 panda for £20 a few weeks ago but it has wear marks on the fur etc. - like someone had it in their pocket. Will it still sell for a premium?

..whilst we are on the subject, two more that are worth looking at, both for £100 each, a 2002 d and a 2008 both in sealed packaging, where to start??? Never a 2002 d made, only 2001, the packaging is wrong, the fur and eyes are crap, the temple side is awful, the date in the wrong font, the 2008 was never double sealed, I informed this seller a while ago, in polite terms since he may not know they are fakes, no reply, so he either doesn't believe me ( his choice) but surely 30 mins googling will confirm what I have told him, therefore one has to assume that he knows they are fakes....

If anyone is unsure if a Panda they are looking at is fake, I would be happy to advise, (obviously with no come backs!!) please PM me and I will take a look, I have only ever purchased one fake and that was after a genuine coin was shown in the listing and a fake sent!

Pandas are great fun investment and nothing to be scared of, all you need to do is do a little research.

I have Peter Anthony's Panda book first issue, I will be getting his second book shortly, if anyone is interested in Pandas I will sell the old copy on an auction basis, proceeds will go to the forum running costs, I will pay the postage, I will start a new topic under buy and sell.

Cheers

Dave

Archived