• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Challenge my sales price: 25x 1 oz silver Libertad 2018 (full tube)

StevenDS

Let’s make a recap. I’ve seen many opinions. That’s fine, but they mostly were not supported by links to better offers, which I requested.

Some were referring to a certain price point, but didn’t post the link. Later it was revealed to be out of stock on the website and a higher price on ebay £24.09.

A few members did however meet the challenge and found 3 cheaper options.

Weighton Coin £20.49 or €23 excl p&p (34 in stock)

https://weightoncoin.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_5011_5014&products_id=5437

Muenzkauf €20.42 excl p&p (no stock indication, you can even place entire mintage 300K in basket) - Only shipping intra Germany. Thanks @daca

https://www.muenzkauf.de/shop/silbermuenzen/libertad-silber/1-oz-libertad-silber-2018.html

Gold Silber Muenzen €20.92 excl p&p (50 in stock)

https://www.gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de/modules.php?warp=artikel&id=4438

It appears the German shops are the prices to beat, however I’m not interested to sell at that price point. I will therefore not be posting a sales topic. I will keep monitoring the supply on these sites. If you’re interested in acquiring I suggest to order fast from these Germans, because supply appears to be very low.

Thanks for everyone who contributed to the research.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, daca said:

This dealer is shipping only to German federation

By checking their shipping policy, it seems right.

It is confusing as I have been able to register, my address in France (they ask your country in the register form)

36 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

By checking their shipping policy, it seems right.

It is confusing as I have been able to register, my address in France (they ask your country in the register form)

your personal data is borderlessindex.png.5cb565c69b840fe032088b998510055f.png

Silvertrader updates his prices overnight, so if prices shoot up in the day you grab a bargain, if they drop you know you can wait.

He has 3 in stock now at £22.09 each, he includes free next day special delivery and a capsule for every coin plus monthly offers in the newsletter.  His ebay prices are always more due to ebay charges.

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/2018-mexican-libertad-1-oz-999-silver-bullion-coin/

@stevenDS - Asking people to pay more for 20 in one go, rather than 20 individually is... curious business practice.  I understand your view, but that's just not how it works.  It's cheaper for YOU to send 20 out in one go and have 600 euros in one hit than send one at a time and have to wait until they're all sold before making that money - buying in bulk is a benefit to the seller.

Also, you're coming across a bit like a **** when what you're really doing is asking the forum to be a price-checker for you ("is it so hard to share a link?!").  Best thing is for you to go around and check the price yourself, put them up here and let us decide if we want to buy it - it sounds like you're using us as a resource to undercut the market to then sell at a slightly higher price.... to us?  How about giving us a stackable 1% discount for every price-check we do?

2nd person in a month who's done that (unnamed price checker website *cough*) and it's bad form for sure.  The only reason i'm replying here is i'm glad to promote silver-trader as he's got a damn good selling practice.  Imo, buy from him if you are ok paying vat added prices, he always has a few in stock every few days if you've missed out.

9 hours ago, Miganto said:

@stevenDS - Asking people to pay more for 20 in one go, rather than 20 individually is... curious business practice.  I understand your view, but that's just not how it works.  It's cheaper for YOU to send 20 out in one go and have 600 euros in one hit than send one at a time and have to wait until they're all sold before making that money - buying in bulk is a benefit to the seller.

Also, you're coming across a bit like a **** when what you're really doing is asking the forum to be a price-checker for you ("is it so hard to share a link?!").  Best thing is for you to go around and check the price yourself, put them up here and let us decide if we want to buy it - it sounds like you're using us as a resource to undercut the market to then sell at a slightly higher price.... to us?  How about giving us a stackable 1% discount for every price-check we do?

2nd person in a month who's done that (unnamed price checker website *cough*) and it's bad form for sure.  The only reason i'm replying here is i'm glad to promote silver-trader as he's got a damn good selling practice.  Imo, buy from him if you are ok paying vat added prices, he always has a few in stock every few days if you've missed out.

1.       You might want to read my initial post again. My pricing is set for a full tube. I clearly stated having no intention of selling individual coins. I merely mentioned the price per coin as indication to compare to price challenges. The discussion around volume discount started when someone challenged my price with a higher price stating they were ‘pretty sure’ they could get a volume discount when asked. Btw, many dealers do not offer volume discount eg goldsilver.be. In return I answered I don’t agree volume discounts are required when there is a shortage. There is a clear benefit in my offer for someone looking to acquire a full tube when dealers only have 4 or 5 coins in stock left. Let’s agree to disagree. Volume discount is the prerogative of the seller anyway and not relevant to this topic since I'm not selling individual coins.

2.       If you want to insult me, then you might as well write it in full, because **** isn’t fooling anyone. I clearly asked to provide a link with every challenge, which he didn't do twice. When he eventually posted a print screen it was much higher then my price. I clearly had a point calling that challenge out.

3.       Many people have liked this kind of price challenge topic. I’m not forcing anyone’s arm. Everyone is free to choose whether they want to help out. Isn’t this the whole point of a forum? To help each other out? This is a win/win for everyone involved. People learn about dealers previously unknown to them and get the benefit of collective reassurance they are buying the best possible deal. In a previous topic I decided to lower my prices on my 10 oz Queens Beasts to offer my fellow forum member the best deal possible. NOT as you state to sell slightly higher. What kind of reasoning is that? Who would even pay a slightly higher price, when I just created a topic to provide price clarity. I even posted the challenge topic in my sales topic to provide absolute transparency. You might want to research better before calling someone out for bad practice.

4.       Even in this case, where I have decided not to sell, because I don’t agree with the price point of these 2 German dealers, there still is a clear benefit for our forum members. They can buy from those Germans, knowing they will get a good deal. I will not lose any sleep over someone not liking my approach. Especially from someone who hasn't even got any trader feedback, but does challenge the approach of others who do actually partake in forum trading.

2 hours ago, StevenDS said:

1.       You might want to read my initial post again. My pricing is set for a full tube. I clearly stated having no intention of selling individual coins. I merely mentioned the price per coin as indication to compare to price challenges. The discussion around volume discount started when someone challenged my price with a higher price stating they were ‘pretty sure’ they could get a volume discount when asked. Btw, many dealers do not offer volume discount eg goldsilver.be. In return I answered I don’t agree volume discounts are required when there is a shortage. There is a clear benefit in my offer for someone looking to acquire a full tube when dealers only have 4 or 5 coins in stock left. Let’s agree to disagree. Volume discount is the prerogative of the seller anyway and not relevant to this topic since I'm not selling individual coins.

2.       If you want to insult me, then you might as well write it in full, because **** isn’t fooling anyone. I clearly asked to provide a link with every challenge, which he didn't do twice. When he eventually posted a print screen it was much higher then my price. I clearly had a point calling that challenge out.

3.       Many people have liked this kind of price challenge topic. I’m not forcing anyone’s arm. Everyone is free to choose whether they want to help out. Isn’t this the whole point of a forum? To help each other out? This is a win/win for everyone involved. People learn about dealers previously unknown to them and get the benefit of collective reassurance they are buying the best possible deal. In a previous topic I decided to lower my prices on my 10 oz Queens Beasts to offer my fellow forum member the best deal possible. NOT as you state to sell slightly higher. What kind of reasoning is that? Who would even pay a slightly higher price, when I just created a topic to provide price clarity. I even posted the challenge topic in my sales topic to provide absolute transparency. You might want to research better before calling someone out for bad practice.

4.       Even in this case, where I have decided not to sell, because I don’t agree with the price point of these 2 German dealers, there still is a clear benefit for our forum members. They can buy from those Germans, knowing they will get a good deal. I will not lose any sleep over someone not liking my approach. Especially from someone who hasn't even got any trader feedback, but does challenge the approach of others who do actually partake in forum trading.

I guess point 2 is directed at me. I wasn't trying to fool you, if the eBay price rises then surely that's a good thing for you??

Why so combative? If you really want people to "challenge" your price (read get others to do your price checking) just list them, 1 or all 20 at your desired price. If you're right people will buy. If you're wrong you're too high. 

Personally I'd choose to pay a touch more if I knew it's from a reputable business like silver trader. No way taking anything from private sales, I just recognise running a business has more costs hence I can't expect the same excellent prices normally seen on this forum. 

Anyway thanks to your inspiration I did go out and look hard and managed to pick up a 2018. An actual rare one as it's a proof not bullion.

3 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I guess point 2 is directed at me. I wasn't trying to fool you, if the eBay price rises then surely that's a good thing for you??

Why so combative? If you really want people to "challenge" your price (read get others to do your price checking) just list them, 1 or all 20 at your desired price. If you're right people will buy. If you're wrong you're too high. 

Personally I'd choose to pay a touch more if I knew it's from a reputable business like silver trader. No way taking anything from private sales, I just recognise running a business has more costs hence I can't expect the same excellent prices normally seen on this forum. 

Anyway that's to your inspiration I did go out and look hard and managed to pick up a 2018. An actual rare one as it's a proof not bullion.

Point 2 was not directed at you, but your were the inspiration. I was not implying you were trying to fool me, but it was shown that not providing a link doesn't give up-to-date price information. Hence why I asked to always provide a link with a challenge. Being good or bad for me is not the point. I want to provide transparency.

The guy insulted me and insinuated I would use this thread to ask a higher price from forum members. Such comments make me combative indeed.

You can interpret my challenge topic anyway you like, but do not assume I didn’t do any research myself. I am smart enough to realize that the collective effort of this entire forum is better then my own and therefor providing more assurance to potential buyers.

The whole point to this challenge is that I realize forum buyers are hunting for the best deals. Otherwise anyone would prefer buying from a dealer. That's the reason why I let people challenge me. Your point of view is fine. It just doesn't make you part of the target audience I'm trying to reach.

I'm glad you got inspired. Your proof is of course more rare then a bullion, but the 2018 bullion is relatively more rare compared to the other recent years, then the 2018 proof version is compared to the other recent years. For 1 oz proof, 2012 and 2014 are very nice recent years.

11 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Point 2 was not directed at you, but your were the inspiration. I was not implying you were trying to fool me, but it was shown that not providing a link doesn't give up-to-date price information. Hence why I asked to always provide a link with a challenge. Being good or bad for me is not the point. I want to provide transparency.

The guy insulted me and insinuated I would use this thread to ask a higher price from forum members. Such comments make me combative indeed.

You can interpret my challenge topic anyway you like, but do not assume I didn’t do any research myself. I am smart enough to realize that the collective effort of this entire forum is better then my own and therefor providing more assurance to potential buyers.

The whole point to this challenge is that I realize forum buyers are hunting for the best deals. Otherwise anyone would prefer buying from a dealer. That's the reason why I let people challenge me. Your point of view is fine. It just doesn't make you part of the target audience I'm trying to reach.

I'm glad you got inspired. Your proof is of course more rare then a bullion, but the 2018 bullion is relatively more rare compared to the other recent years, then the 2018 proof version is compared to the other recent years. For 1 oz proof, 2012 and 2014 are very nice recent years.

I think the thing with bullion version is the design is the same no matter the year. The Chinese mints are clever, make something adorable and different each year. Oh and then knock off a gram when everyone is addicted. 

You may be right that the 2018 ends up being a little more sought after, good for you as you have 20!

I think your sales approach is interesting but a little redundant. As I said before a true chanellege is put them on the market and see what people pay. When I sell that's my approach, as long as I'm making a profit then it's a good sell in my eyes. 

4 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

You may be right that the 2018 ends up being a little more sought after, good for you as you have 20!

I think your sales approach is interesting but a little redundant. As I said before a true chanellege is put them on the market and see what people pay. When I sell that's my approach, as long as I'm making a profit then it's a good sell in my eyes. 

I have 25 actually. 😉

I respect your opinion, but as you mentioned yourself, you prefer buying from dealers. I have received positive feedback from several members, who actually do buy on forum, about my approach and it helped me to sell my 10 oz QB's quickly.

Some might not like my approach, but it will not stop me from doing this more in the future. I will make a short recap of my reasoning though, which I'll add in the initial post, so I don't have to keep explaining my reasoning.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: Muenzkauf has removed them from their site. I have not found any new EU dealers who have them in stock. Leaving only below two dealers.

Weighton Coin £20.49 or €24 excl p&p (34 in stock)

https://weightoncoin.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_5011_5014&products_id=5437

Gold Silber Muenzen €21.47 excl p&p ( 25 in stock)

1 hour ago, StevenDS said:

UPDATE: Muenzkauf has removed them from their site. I have not found any new EU dealers who have them in stock. Leaving only below two dealers.

Weighton Coin £20.49 or €24 excl p&p (34 in stock)

Gold Silber Muenzen €21.47 excl p&p ( 25 in stock)

Unless I'm missing something, you're showing they're still available 10% cheaper via dealers, where the buyer can pick the quantity they want freely, and have hung around for 3 months+ indicating relatively little demand at this price. If a dealer can't sell the stock at 10% less than your price for months on end, what makes you think that makes your price good even when they do eventually run out of stock?

Not sure this is helping your case 😏

8 minutes ago, Melon said:

Unless I'm missing something, you're showing they're still available 10% cheaper via dealers, where the buyer can pick the quantity they want freely, and have hung around for 3 months+ indicating relatively little demand at this price. If a dealer can't sell the stock at 10% less than your price for months on end, what makes you think that makes yours a good price even when they do eventually run out of stock?

Not sure this is helping your case 😏

I do not have a sales topic open. I started researching and decided the current prices are below the price point I'm willing to sell them, which I mentioned a few posts up in the recap.

My latest post was just an update. I can no longer change the name of the thread, because it's no longer a 'challenge my price thread' indeed. I didn't want to start a new thread, because I wanted to keep the history of the thread.

I believe these dealers are not well known, hence the remaining stock. I do the research myself and wanted to share for others that still might want to acquire them.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Also take into account other forum members may have tubes of these (cough) (cough).

I'm sure they will appreciate the info in this thread. 😉

And those people might have different horizons for their sales plan.

17 hours ago, StevenDS said:

I believe these dealers are not well known, hence the remaining stock. I do the research myself and wanted to share for others that still might want to acquire them.

Richard at Weighton Coin has been a bullion and numismatic dealer for decades - very well known on the coin fair circuit.

1 hour ago, Shinus73 said:

Richard at Weighton Coin has been a bullion and numismatic dealer for decades - very well known on the coin fair circuit.

In UK, but no comparison to the big dealers on continental Europe like European Mint and goldsilver.be where even UK based people are buying to avoid VAT.

1 hour ago, StevenDS said:

In UK, but no comparison to the big dealers on continental Europe like European Mint and goldsilver.be where even UK based people are buying to avoid VAT.

Indeed he’s not on their scale, but only a decade ago, Weighton Coin Wonders was one of a very small handful of places you could buy silver bullion and particularly premium silver online in the U.K.

To those of us who go back that far, Weighton Coins is a very well known entity.

I also remember driving to the shop in Market Weighton to sell him some gold face to face.

5 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Do you pay VAT on these libs on top of Weighton's £20.49 price?

He’s in the U.K., so VAT has to be paid. I imagine he doesn’t sell as much silver as he used to, now that we’ve all become used to buying from the EU.

Archived