• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Challenge my sales price: 25x 1 oz silver Libertad 2018 (full tube)

StevenDS

My previous 'challenge my price' topic was well received and led to my adjusting my prices in my sales topic. It also introduced me to dealers of which I previously wasn’t aware of.

So let's try this again. I haven't opened the sales topic yet, this time, but will after receiving feedback from this thread.

On sale: 25 x 1 oz silver Libertad 2018 (in original mint tube)

My intention is to sell full tube, not individual coins. Unless I can find a few buyers, eg 3 different buyers, to buy the entire tube. I just don't want to be sending 25 single coins.

The price I have set is based on :

* scarcity driven by most of the European dealers to be sold out

* relative low mintage compared to the other years of last 20 years (300K)

* pricing of dealers who do still have them in stock and ebay offers

I know you will find cheaper option from US based dealers, but there is no way getting them cheap to Europe due to shipping cost and customs.

To challenge my price, please post a link to European offers who are still in stock.

The price I ask is € 600 for the full tube, which is € 24 for every 1 oz coin. Price is excl shipping.

Looking forward to receive your challenges.

Mintage libertad.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like libertards, the only silver coin I collect and I would be looking at the 2018 but €24 or £22.20 is a little too much especially if bought in bulk. Maybe per individual coin.

Looking on eBay right now you can buy a 2018 one individually for £22.70 delivered. I'm pretty sure I could get a discount from them if I was taking 25 too. 

20 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I like libertards, the only silver coin I collect and I would be looking at the 2018 but €24 or £22.20 is a little too much especially if bought in bulk. Maybe per individual coin.

Looking on eBay right now you can buy a 2018 one individually for £22.70 delivered. I'm pretty sure I could get a discount from them if I was taking 25 too. 

Please share the link if you are challenging. I would like to see if they are EU based and whether they have multiples available.

Furthermore I have also seen a dealer who is asking slightly less then my €24 per coin, but he only has 5 coins. I believe full tube offers are more scarce. For people looking to collect a full tube, my offer will be much cheaper, then buying 4 or 5 coins from multiple sources due to stacking shipping costs.

15 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Typed in libertard to eBay 3rd result for me. Silvetrader's store. UK based, claims to have over 20. 

You can't seriously expect a premium for there being a full tube. Surely bulk means discount?

Is it that hard to share the link?

You have seen my reasoning. I agree on discount for bulk when there are plenty. I don't agree when there is scarcity.

Btw, in my exchange rate calculator €24 amounts to £21.3, not £22.2 which you mentioned. 

You know, it's all in the eye of the Beholder.

- For me  a 300k mintage it's not exactly what I call scarce.

- No matter what some one can sell, more quantity you sell, less expensive it will be! This is like a universal commercial rule, selling beans, Gold, whatever.

- Just my 2 Cents

1 minute ago, Draconicus said:

You know, it's all in the eye of the Beholder.

- For me  a 300k mintage it's not exactly what I call scarce.

- No matter what some one can sell, more quantity you sell, less expensive it will be! This is like a universal commercial rule, selling bins, Gold, whatever.

- Just my 2 Cents

I don't claim 300K being low mintage. As I stated relative to the series.

The scarcity I mention is the availability for purchase. Something can be produced in high volume, but when no one is selling, it is considered scarce.

Prove me wrong and post links to better offers. That's the challenge I posted. So far no one has posted a link.

I absolutely agree that this is a low mintage relative to other dates and £24/oz might well be a good price- I wouldn’t personally pay such a premium so soon after release, and tie up cash long term- but others might.

There is little doubt that low mintage year Libs make premium money- and lots of  evidence of these crazy premiums- try buying a 1998 1oz Libertad. 

Not for me, but I acknowledge it’s a  likely £50+ coin in the future. 

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

I absolutely agree that this is a low mintage relative to other dates and £24/oz might well be a good price- I wouldn’t personally pay such a premium so soon after release, and tie up cash long term- but others might.

There is little doubt that low mintage year Libs make premium money- and lots of  evidence of these crazy premiums- try buying a 1998 1oz Libertad. 

Not for me, but I acknowledge it’s a  likely £50+ coin in the future. 

I'm asking €24, not £24. Get it while you can. 😉

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

The 1988 is also demanding a high premium. Some of these are making my one-of-every-year collection very difficult to complete. I just can't force myself to eat those super high premiums. 🤕

I can definitely see a lot of pros and cons to this thread.

I hear people say about the low mintage off 300k not meaning its going to be a scare coin.

But what you have to think about as well is the libertad is a government backed bullion coin just like the brit, ase, maple etc and they churn them out in the millions some of them by the hundreds of millions so 300k is nothing.

As @richatthecroft said this is a very good deal.

I paid about £120 for my 1998 1oz bu silver libertad some may say I'm f#$king crazy 🤣 but other collector's of libs may say great deal. As I have a full date run and needed it.

So good luck on the sale @StevenDS and I would stick firm on the price as anyone that knows anything about libs will appreciate the price

5 hours ago, StevenDS said:

I know you will find cheaper option from US based dealers, but there is no way getting them cheap to Europe due to shipping cost and customs.

If I wanted anything from the US I would contact @MrScottsdale or @SilverStan as they often source items from various Mints in the US at competitive rates. IMHO selling on TSF have to be more competitive than the dealers which includes US dealers.

Best of luck with the sale @StevenDS great seeking advice for the sale of your items and it is more likely you will sell them with the opinions collated.

Why would anyone want a full tube of none premium bullion coins for a premium price?  The reasons you give for them being premium are subpar at best.  That's just my view and others may well disagree and that's there prerogative.  I dont mean to be rude but the only reason I can see anyone paying a premium is if they wanted to do a date run and would not need a full tube for that.  

9 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Typed in libertard to eBay 3rd result for me. Silvetrader's store. UK based, claims to have over 20. 

To be fair Silvertrader has 2017 and 2019 Libs but not 2018.

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product-category/silver-bullion-coins/mexican-bullion-coins/

1 hour ago, silvernewbie said:

Silvertrader also gives discounts if u buy from his site and further discount for paying bank transfer and multiple purchase discounts!

£22 is too much imo, i would pay max £20.  

2 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

His eBay shop shows 2018 ones too. I tried to get him to come down on a single coin 😉

Out of stock on the 2018

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/2018-mexican-libertad-1-oz-999-silver-bullion-coin/

Archived