• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Eddy38

I'm looking at starting the 1/4 ounce Queens Beasts series. Does anyone else have this collection? I've noticed the premiums are a little high. Do they tend to keep these premiums?

Any info on this series would be much appreciated. 

You just cannot beat the Queens Beasts series - I love em 😍

Premiums - - -  Yes IMHO - due to the fact they are selling out all over the place of the early one's - 🧐

Sorry if this upsets anyone - but Queen Elizabeth is NOT getting any younger! 😉😌

IMG_2183.thumb.JPG.a862be8305d266876e4dc61e993e0ef8.JPG

IMG_2184.thumb.JPG.7d24f7d25e6a841b7d8c82e4b53be90f.JPG

I collect the QB series in 2oz Ag and 10oz Ag. 

1/4oz Au I got into very late, I have the lion au 1/4oz  (scratched) and also I had a griffin which I sold as the series would have cost me too much to back date and I'm happy with the 2oz and 10oz in Ag.

The boxes from Alun are 👌 perfect fitting to house the wonderful qb series. 

The premiums on the 1/4oz I would say are holding quite well. 

The Queen’s Beasts is the most collectible series that any coin collector can collect. The major problem you face in the penultimate year of the Queen’s Beasts is that you’ve got  a lot of catching up to do when the premiums are sky-high. I came late to the scene last year when I scrambled to get all the available 1/4oz gold versions. I could only afford to add the 1oz gold Lion of England to the stack which has now become unaffordable to collectors on a budget. 

On 25/09/2019 at 23:16, Tn21 said:

I collect the QB series in 2oz Ag and 10oz Ag. 

1/4oz Au I got into very late, I have the lion au 1/4oz  (scratched) and also I had a griffin which I sold as the series would have cost me too much to back date and I'm happy with the 2oz and 10oz in Ag.

The boxes from Alun are 👌 perfect fitting to house the wonderful qb series. 

The premiums on the 1/4oz I would say are holding quite well. 

That's the only problem with 999 gold, soft. It easily gets scratched. How do you think the scratch would affect the value of the coin?

25 minutes ago, Eddy38 said:

That's the only problem with 999 gold, soft. It easily gets scratched. How do you think the scratch would affect the value of the coin?

Depends on how deep scratches were but I bought these last year (1oz QB Gold Griffins) and returned three of them to the dealer for replacements (had I kept them despite premium appreciation only be worth the melt value Gold - below spot). Hairline scratches expected as normal because the way Royal Mint sealed them in tubes of 10.

image.png.a607574b47ce287b720e0a37ad1fabimage.png.3cdb752c9b7c77a76c9b7bcb092ebf

1 hour ago, Eddy38 said:

Sure will affect the value however I'm not too concerned as I plan to hold onto it for a while. 

It's the gold content im mainly interested in.

Archived