• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is Coin Collecting A Male-Dominated Hobby?

Serendipity

46 minutes ago, Kman said:

Not that gender matters anyway though because it's a social construct, but at the same time don't any of you dare misgender me or it's a hate crime and you're going to jail!

Thanks

How would you like to be addressed today Kma..person?

Just had a council tax demand, surely I can tell the council that my house now identifies as a tree?

4 minutes ago, kimchi said:

How would you like to be addressed today Kma..person?

Just had a council tax demand, surely I can tell the council that my house now identifies as a tree?

he/him/handsome 😎

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding."

circa 2014 copypasta meme 😁

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

I'm sure there's a fetish for every occasion :P:ph34r: Just don't lock the door during 'video time' or self-flagellate when the postie delivers your latest purchase and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

@tallyhojim you might be looking in the wrong places mate. Most of my girlfriends have been significantly richer than me and not cared a jot about my wealth. The last one was a virtuoso violinist and her instrument was worth a good £300k. She told me her mum had sent over some cash in the post to tide her over, so we went to get it changed, it came out to £8k or 9k. Sent as cash in the post from abroad  :wacko: For money laundering we had to get her passport etc and come back while they prepared the cash. I was not particularly happy with a long trip across London and back with that sort of money in my bag!

Rich lasses - if you've not met many you might be amazed!

There are always exceptions to the rule.

3 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

There are always exceptions to the rule.

I don't think so - all my oldest friends  (25 years +) are very happily married and money was never a factor. Not rich girls either - I just gave my experience there as for some reason those are the ones I seem to attract for reasons that defeat me!

Mind you, maybe I've been 'lucky' (?) as almost all of them have stories of friends with cheating husbands and wives, and now is the time of life that divorces seem to be happening more regularly, but not any of my friends yet, they are all very content and seem secure in their relationships. In the couple of cases where there has been 'trouble' down the years it has been the guy going off and 'entertaining' other ladies and been caught, and having to make it up to their spouses and regain their trust.

Really wrong to highlight women as the problem here imho, though no doubt there are MANY gold-diggers around (Trump is married to one for starters, in fact he's probably married most of them at some point!). But don't mix in those circles and I'm sure there are many lovely ladies of all status who would just love a nice man who is always committed to his family life :)

12 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Yes, you would love that, wouldn't you. 🌴 😂

Good lordy, I have absolutely no idea what you may be insinuating here! :o

I have the biggest tree(s) on the forum I am pretty sure :D I am happy to post pics on here to prove it. My pine in particular is a gloriously tall, strong and healthy example. 50ft perhaps I think. Basically I have the biggest and best hard wood here and I am prepared to bet on it! :)

(Nudie pics must be supplied by whoever loses naturally :ph34r:)

This is why women are not interested in this forum b/c it plumbs the depths in a heart beat - blokes taking about their stumps.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I think women are into precious metals just as much if not more than men. The only difference is they perhaps choose to buy jewelery instead because I guess at least you can show it off on a night out. Obviously men can do this too but I don't think men like to glam up as much 😄.

I fit every median statistic @BackyardBullion has for his youtube channel. 29 year old male. Perhaps this is a new video mainly for Mrs Backyard Bullion. I'd like to get her take on this.

2 hours ago, JunkBond said:

Pine is a soft wood dear boy. 😉

Ah is it? Never knew that, cheers! Have some others (various sorts) the same height or approaching (causing problems with the neighbours of course, but as a tree hugger I will not give in!).

30 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

I never found a problem with rich lasses, it was the parents were unbearable

Never had a problem with parents myself but totally get where you're coming from :)

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

This is why women are not interested in this forum b/c it plumbs the depths in a heart beat - blokes taking about their stumps.

Yes, I am sure you thought it was much better just a few days ago when you and Roy were deriding and indeed attacking (imvho) fellow members and (you, I think only) implied that people with a certain username were child molesters.

44 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Ah is it? Never knew that, cheers! Have some others (various sorts) the same height or approaching (causing problems with the neighbours of course, but as a tree hugger I will not give in!).

Never had a problem with parents myself but totally get where you're coming from :)

Yes, I am sure you thought it was much better just a few days ago when you and Roy were deriding and indeed attacking (imvho) fellow members and (you, I think only) implied that people with a certain username were child molesters.

My mind was never on the members - just playing with the definition Roy posted. Indeed 5huggy has rated some of my subsequent posts and as far as i can see he is a jolly decent chap. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

It is a male dominated hobby and biology is the reason it is male dominated. I will throw in the obligatory 'not all' for the progressives but that is the reality of it, and is also the explanation for almost every field where there is an apparent gender disparity. See Sweden for evidence, the most equal opportunities place in the world, yet also has the largest disparity in male/female employment in the respective fields or nursing and engineering (and coin collecting no doubt). :D

<--- woman

Yup, we love jewelry, we love our expensive purses and shoes and we do like pretty things to show off when we go out. However, looking at my closet and the amounts of stuff I own and realizing what they cost, bullion is a much more reasonable investment. I do have been cashing out on jewelry that I bought some 20-30 years ago, when gold was a lot lower priced, and have made profits, but jewelry is not a good investment at all, unless you buy second hand and manage to get a really good deal. Design has a huge premium, any stones have premiums as well, and sometimes if you look at the metal content, it is really low for what you pay for.

My daughter is into buying Louis Vuittons, and after all the abuse handbags go through, not to mention they end up being big germ petri dishes, the prices they charge are a crazy stupid way to spend money, but to each their own.

Bullion it is. I do love my coins, and when I bring out my stack to admire, it does bring me joy. I'm also thinking retirement and trying to preserve the most wealth I can.

Archived