• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Sigma Metalytics, Where in EU? Normal Price?

Draconicus

Hello friends,

I will need to buy one Set Sigma Metalytics Precious Metal Verifier Bullion Set in the end of this Month or in the next one.

Anyone knows of a trustable place where to buy a new one Inside EU? As it looks nobody it's selling them in Portugal...At the least I can't find a link for it here.

And how much usually are they asking for this machine? As in eBay are tons of them with a huge rage of prices. 

Thank you very much in advance for any info,

I always wonder if these machines actually make financial sense if you are not a bullion dealer or jeweller.

For what they cost you can just buy from a repected dealer that test secondary market coins/bars over somewhere like ebay, pay a few extra % premium and still end up with a chunk of extra metal instead of a tester in the process.

Well, Surely that's another point to debate, if the machine it's useful or not or when we start to have a profit after we pay it.... Case it's I will need one shortly.

So in a place where so many ppl have it, or know it better than me,  surely some one can give me some of the info I need please?

Where it's the machine made?

What kinds of online commerce sell's them or where exactly can I ask for one?

Any in Europe?

Etc.

eBay?...no thank you! I just buy in eBay what ever nobody what's to replicate or fake!

I’ve heard loads of experienced bullion dealers say that machine paid its way and saved them money when they were fooled by counterfeits. In fact, I saw a YouTube video a few days ago about a knowledgeable coin dealer who used the machine to detect a fake coin he thought was genuine.

14 hours ago, Draconicus said:

Hello friends,

I will need to buy one Set Sigma Metalytics Precious Metal Verifier Bullion Set in the end of this Month or in the next one.

Anyone knows of a trustable place where to buy a new one Inside EU? As it looks nobody it's selling them in Portugal...At the least I can't find a link for it here.

And how much usually are they asking for this machine? As in eBay are tons of them with a huge rage of prices. 

Thank you very much in advance for any info,

It looks like this company is German based.

th.jpg

They are made in the US, that's also where I have ordered mine. There is a place in Slovenia that sells them too.

US:

https://sigmametalytics.com/

Slovenia:

https://www.sigma-verifiers.com/en/buy/precious-metal-verifier-pro

I would definitely buy the pro version. The difference is, it measures all the way through the coin, the non pro version only measures the surface, so plated coins might not be detected, depending on how thickly they are plated and how deep the basic version measures, not sure about that. If you can't detect a plated coin, it's a waste of money, in my eyes.

I bought it since already my very first PM coin, a half sovereign, turned out to be a fake - only 18K gold and although I got a proof half sovereign from the dealer instead, it was very complicated to find out it was a fake, starting with specific gravity tests and bringing it to another dealer who finally confirmed - even in writing - it's a fake, so with this paper I got the proof coin from the original dealer. The whole thing took half a year and had I not bought at this shop on a regular basis, with the owner having an interest in keeping me as customer, I might not have got my money back. Got the money back but I will not buy there gain.

Apart from my latest PM purchases, I have tested every single coin and I'm happy to say I have no single fake in my stack (unless amongst my latest purchase). I have no piece bigger than 2oz (silver) or 1oz (gold) - if you have big bars you will need the external bridge - I don't have it as I don't need it. I think I  have bought the small, the refiners and the micro-wand though or at least two of them- but I haven't tried them out yet, I could test everything without them. I'm not even sure if they measure through the whole coin, probably not so. Bigger coins, thus 1oz coins, I can test inside of their capsules, Sovereigns have to go under the smaller sensor and as it's narrower, capsules don't fit in there but the plastic bags do.

I also tested a 5.6 silver heart present I had made for someone from @BackyardBullion this seems to be about the maximum size (or just above) for the sensors, without the external bridge. The green is green/orange/red - real/doubtful/fake and the 5.5 oz were in the orange.

Archived