• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best dealer price for White Lion of Mortimer

katmonkey

Hi, I'm checking out dealer prices for new QB White lion of Mortimer coin 1/4 oz. Atkinsons have it on pre order for approx £360. Continuing my search I found Gold.co.uk with the pre order price approx. £350. I've bought from Atkinsons in the past and thought they were the cheapest. I've never purchased from Gold.co.uk but I discovered it's a sister site of bullion by post who I have purchased from before. Any thoughts on gold.co.uk and where will you be purchasing from? Thanks

46 minutes ago, katmonkey said:

Hi, I'm checking out dealer prices for new QB White lion of Mortimer coin 1/4 oz. Atkinsons have it on pre order for approx £360. Continuing my search I found Gold.co.uk with the pre order price approx. £350. I've bought from Atkinsons in the past and thought they were the cheapest. I've never purchased from Gold.co.uk but I discovered it's a sister site of bullion by post who I have purchased from before. Any thoughts on gold.co.uk and where will you be purchasing from? Thanks

I always buy bullion from Atkinsons, simply because I have always used them and never have any problems. They are competitively priced and occasionally have nice preowned silver and gold coins.  

30 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Not saying they are the best priced - but just uploaded on the RM bullion site this morning! ""awaiting stock" 

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Queens-Beasts/Gold/QBW20QZC

It's a bit of a scandal that you can purchase the Silver coin from a third party for £45 (with VAT) but the Royal Mint price is £65.40 (with VAT) Its almost like they are trying to drive you to purchase from resellers. 

On 11/09/2019 at 08:50, JackKlugman said:

It's a bit of a scandal that you can purchase the Silver coin from a third party for £45 (with VAT) but the Royal Mint price is £65.40 (with VAT) Its almost like they are trying to drive you to purchase from resellers. 

Then you can buy it from GS.be for even less -

1924293649_Screenshot2019-09-21at17_51_39.png.9b8c703885c743224c69363211dfb09e.png

In GBP approx £33.65

OK there is shipping to consider but with bulk purchases that's minimal per coin.

Don't you just love being ripped off in Limeyland ??

1 minute ago, 5huggy said:

GENERAL QUESTION!? 

If these are actually purchased and receipted prior to any "BREXIT" shenanigans  - would the price have to stand WITHOUT ATTRACTING the dreaded VAT!??

Any one know ? ?   @BackyardBullion

If it lands past border control in the UK before a no deal brexit you are good, no VAT.

If you purchase before no deal brexit and it passed border control after a no deal, then likely VAT/import

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 11/09/2019 at 07:23, katmonkey said:

So waiting to push the button on purchasing a 1/4 oz gold Lion of Mortimer. I have used gold.de to find german dealers that ship to UK for other gold coins and i may do the same for this QB, though gold.co.uk looks like an option too!

At this time - 9.30pm 21/9
Atkinsons = £361.50
RM bullion = £369.73
Gold.co.uk = £351.60
gold-silber-muenzen (https://www.gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de/modules.php?warp=artikel&id=5582&preview=1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=gold.de&utm_campaign=gold.de&utm_content=Produktlink) = 377 EUR + 15 EUR P&P = £348 using transferwise

26 minutes ago, h103efa said:

So waiting to push the button on purchasing a 1/4 oz gold Lion of Mortimer. I have used gold.de to find german dealers that ship to UK for other gold coins and i may do the same for this QB, though gold.co.uk looks like an option too!

At this time - 9.30pm 21/9
Atkinsons = £361.50
RM bullion = £369.73
Gold.co.uk = £351.60
gold-silber-muenzen (https://www.gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de/modules.php?warp=artikel&id=5582&preview=1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=gold.de&utm_campaign=gold.de&utm_content=Produktlink) = 377 EUR + 15 EUR P&P = £348 using transferwise

But as gold does not attract VAT in the UK our worry would be that the pound tanks more to the dollar under which gold is traded. With the Tories running the economy off the cliff for ideology and a ‘clean break’ brexit who the hell knows what will happen other than a deep decade long recession 

• 1 month later...

Archived