• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's next....Silver forum Rounds, 3 & 5 oz!!

BackyardBullion

So, in today's video I unveiled a brand new product for 2019, the 5 oz hammered forum round!

Screenshot_20190907-180821.thumb.png.dfba3e49a5c4131e016d02455ac5264b.png

We also announced the return of the 3 oz forum rounds too!

Screenshot_20190907-180813.thumb.png.65be8200af1ed2de9a3c3825ff454593.png

We have been doing a bit of maths over this last week (since filming the video that announced them) and we want to make a correction regards proposed mintages.

The 3 oz rounds will be back with an UNCHANGED mintage for 2019. For those that do not know there will be 50 of them!

The 5 oz hammered rounds are the next and latest edition to the forum products. 

These are very cool and by far and away my favourite product we have ever made for the forum. 

The mintage for these 5 oz rounds will be 25. 

So, we will be looking to contact previous owners over the next few months to confirm whether people would like their 3 oz round again, feel free if you are a previous owner to let me know here whether you would like to take up your previous serial number.

As to reservations for the 5 oz hammered rounds - we anticipate these to be quite popular and as such have not worked out how to do/organise the reservations yet. We will work on this and advise when we know what we are going to do, but an expression of interest in this thread would not go amiss!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

7 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

We will work on this and advise when we know what we are going to do, but an expression of interest in this thread would not go amiss!

These look great!  Consider interest expressed for the 5oz round. 😊

Would it be possible to carry over the previous serial number(s) on the 3oz?

Since the 5oz has half the mintage: maybe for every two previous 3oz 1 ticket/number of the 5oz?

However I do understand that the forum has grown and interest might be bigger, so I am happy to give up some of my numbers if interest in these great products is high. 

6 minutes ago, augur said:

Would it be possible to carry over the previous serial number(s) on the 3oz?

Since the 5oz has half the mintage: maybe for every two previous 3oz 1 ticket/number of the 5oz?

However I do understand that the forum has grown and interest might be bigger, so I am happy to give up some of my numbers if interest in these great products is high. 

We will be able to continue serial numbers as we have done for previous forum products.

The difficulty with the 5 oz rounds is that with it 25 being made and them likely to be very popular we might have to draw ballots for who gets them.

We cannot do more than 25 of them without dropping the mintage on the 3 oz rounds.

Also, I would prefer to keep the 5 oz hammered rounds as a low mintage showcase product to round out 2019.

The hammered rounds take a lot of time to make - it took me about 45 minutes all told to get this prototype all done and dusted so making more than 25 would be a time commitment issue for me too!

18 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

it took me about 45 minutes [...] to get this prototype done

Wow 😲 some 3 days for the anticipated mintage...

maybe if you superimposed the 2017 Britannia image Regalstacker could give it a whack 😝 

Great to hear the lovely 3oz forum round will remain at the same mintage! :)

Same as last year for me there please BYB, and I would also be interested in the lovely new 5oz - be it a draw from a hat or organized any other way please put me down as 'up for it'!

Just now, StackemHigh said:

The hammered 5oz looks great. The all important price?

We have not worked out the final price yet, it's partially based on the time required to hammer all of them. I hope to have a formal announcement on these (and the 3 oz rounds) in the next few weeks.

As demand greater than the available supply I believe I have worked out a fair and amicable way to allocate 5 oz hammered forum rounds (look awesome btw) from an impartial perspective. Those forum members bought younger brother last year 3 oz Silver Forum round have option to buy the bigger brother 5 oz hammered forum round 1st. I also believe we should start the process by those forum members that have the lowest serial number in last years 3 oz rounds. As you can see from the photos below I am completely impartial to this method of allocation :)      

Being more realistic BYB is it not possible that those of use interested in the 5 oz hammered forum round could purchase the silver shot through the group order via European Mint and pay for your time and effort? Avoid cost of the raw materials hitting your books and keeping you below the VAT threshold while potentially increasing the available mintage?

IMG_2716.thumb.JPG.a2742d818c5ad712ef66b07dca3c3d46.JPGIMG_2715.thumb.JPG.07822f830b160e55fab09b5298513dd1.JPG

13 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

We have not worked out the final price yet, it's partially based on the time required to hammer all of them. I hope to have a formal announcement on these (and the 3 oz rounds) in the next few weeks.

I think you should employ a helper!

thinking along the lines of a “flint stone esq “ WOODPECKER”

🤣

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

those of use interested in the 5 oz hammered forum round could purchase the silver shot through the group order via European Mint and pay for your time and effort?

This is a really sensible solution, but may be dependent upon what happens in Parliament over the next few weeks...I believe that the deadline for purchases is currently 22 September 2019, so if this is appropriate, we would need to know quite soon. I would happily purchase the relevant weight for a few 3 and 5 oz rounds where this suggestion is acceptable and the mintage is not so limited. Though we have to bear in mind that this will not just be about VAT but also production/blister time!

Regarding the VAT situation.

I appreciate the suggestions from everyone, but we have a good and robust business plan going forward for the next 12 months and currently we are working close to capacity in terms of my time and capabilities anyway - so the potential for additional work is not really that appealing!

The 3 and 5 oz rounds have both been accounted for within our business plan for the year - so no-one need worry about that side of things.

Archived