• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New 50th aniversary Enid Blyton 50p?

An interesting article linked below.

Seems that the Royal Mint are embroiled in all of the political correctness minefields when choosing people to honour.

I used to greatly enjoy reading Enid Blyton books as a young lad.  Whilst they might not be literary works of art, they were certainly exciting for young children and they got me into reading on my own.  I must have keenly read most of the famous five before moving on and I think I probably owe Enid Blyton my sincere thanks for piquing my interest in books at a young age.  It has stood me well in life to have developed an interest in reading whilst I was growing up.  In fact, if anyone deserves honouring for encouraging children to read it is almost certainly Enid Blyton and good for her.

It seems however that the Royal Mint don't share my appreciation of her books according to this spectator article.  Something to do with reasons that have ism's or ist's at the end of the words.  When will this obsession with grievance end?  It's surely time.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/the-royal-mints-transphobic-decision-to-snub-enid-blyton/

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Enid Blyton was also being called homophobic, but no one gave her any credit though for her transgender character in the Famous Five books. Along with Julian, ****, Anne, (and Timmy the dog), Georgina was always wanting to be called George and always wore boys clothes, and hated wearing girls clothes. 

It seems that racism is higher on the lefty hate scale than homophobia.

Amongst many others my faves as a youngster were Just William (no doubt a censored/revised version will be coming soon where he decides to have a sex change) and Billy Bunter (obviously an unbelievable insult to overweight children everywhere that will scar and ostracize them for life). Sarcasm off - engrossing stories from the time before the Thought Police fully took over.

14 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Enid Blyton was also being called homophobic, but no one gave her any credit though for her transgender character in the Famous Five books. Along with Julian, ****, Anne, (and Timmy the dog), Georgina was always wanting to be called George and always wore boys clothes, and hated wearing girls clothes. 

Oh please mods ....I've just noticed that if you're called the shortened version of Richard, your name is asterisked. How has the world come to this. Pathetic.

Looks like topics about  **** Barton, **** Tracey and **** Van Dyke are off the menu. 

Edit: You can't say **** but you can say Dyke. Isn't that sexist? ;)

Ah yes Just William.  Hilarious!!!  I was slightly older for those and they were great.  They're surely now seen as examples of toxic masculinity rather than comedy gold.  A bad example for young boys showing them how to be naughty.

3 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Oh please mods ....I've just noticed that if you're called the shortened version of Richard, your name is asterisked. How has the world come to this. Pathetic.

It's a right crock of terrible isn't it? :wacko:

17 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

I'm a lefty or at least a liberal but I loved enid blyton, grew up on the same famous five, loved the comedy strips skit on them too...learnt to read from them as well as other classics like treasure island, count of monte christo, ...damn, I think I figured out why I collect silver, gold and metal detect...as well as live by the treasure cove....my life has been a badly scripted kids novel....Timmy, where's Timmy?...

4 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Edit: You can't say **** but you can say Dyke. Isn't that sexist? ;)

HT  The patriarchy is dead!  Long live the Gaytriarchy!   :D  Dykes but not ***** hey.  As I type this madness I wonder whether the robodick autocensor has just allowed the plural of ****?  :wacko:  :lol:  :lol:  The western world has certainly turned a bit weird in the last 3-4 years.

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

Topics about food have to be censored too. I just love McBrains Pork Faggots followed by Spotted **** with hot custard. 

Edit: Hey how did faggot get through? :) 

I've never eaten from McBrains but have always been interested when I see their products on the shelves... As for spotted-****,  my view is that grapes should be trodden, not dried.

A.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to be all about D*cks and Dykes, but who could object to seeing the inscription Alcock and Brown on a Royal Mint coin?  Joking aside, June 2019 was the hundredth anniversary of the first non-stop transatlantic flight achieved by these men. 

Sadly the Englishman John Alcock crashed and died later that year in 1919, but Arthur Brown (born in Glasgow, Scotland to American parents) lived until 1948. I remember having a Royal Mail postage stamp in my childhood stamp collection dedicated to their historic feat.

Royal Mint - where was the Alcock and Brown coin this year?  You are guilty of neglecting historical achievements such as by these heroes by pumping out the likes of Paddington Bear coins again, as well as flogging Peter Rabbit to death for the past 4 years. And shame on you as well for shaming Enid Blyton. Noddy is upset, Big Ears is livid and when he becomes King you're all in trouble.

Archived