• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie Howie

Howie

Hi all, my names Howie an Expat. I live in the Pied Piper town of Hamelin (Hamlin) Germany. I,m 75 years young and I started getting interested in Gold Coins after a small windfall 2016. I started with the norm, Krugerrand, American Eagle etc. but decided to take a gamble on The Queen’s Beasts Bullion as well as Proof 1 oz Coins. Turned out to be one of the best decisions I,ve made in a long Time! They just keep going up & up & well let’s hope it stays that way. Funny though over here the Griffin is trading higher than the Lion? Anyone interested in The Queen’s Beasts feel Free to communicate. What a fantastic collection.

Regards

Howie 

Hi MickD,

yes nice place but a bit turbulent in these uncertain times.  Used to be stationed in Edinburgh, Redwood Barracks in the 60,s.

Great city lovely friendly people. Good times with a pint of Heavy!

Regards

17 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Howie, Welcome aboard The Silver Forum!

8 minutes ago, Draconicus said:

Welcome friend.

Thanks all. Really international here! Great forum looking forward to some interesting posts. Especially The Queen’s  Beasts!

Regards

Howie

Hi Howie and welcome to TSF! - great place for any and all relevant info to help with the numismatist  in all of us!

here's a couple of pics of my little "beasts" to Wet your appetite further!

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

5 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Welcome from Sweden! I like Germany even if I visit far to seldom... Just some trips to Kiel and Mosel valley in the south west. :)

And we even have a ferry between Gothenburg and Kiel daily 😮

But still! Willkommen!

Hi Agpanda,

thanks for the Willkommens Grüße. Appreciated. We used to travel quite a lot to Travemünde on the Baltic coast where lots of Swedish people came across on weekend trips.

Regards

Howie

6 hours ago, 5huggy said:

Hi Howie and welcome to TSF! - great place for any and all relevant info to help with the numismatist  in all of us!

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

Wow nice,

8 hours ago, 5huggy said:

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

38D42B21-8F7C-4E8F-BFD5-1C74933DE644.jpeg

242E78EB-7C1A-4B2E-93B2-4597962942EB.png

5 hours ago, Howie said:

Hi Agpanda,

thanks for the Willkommens Grüße. Appreciated. We used to travel quite a lot to Travemünde on the Baltic coast where lots of Swedish people came across on weekend trips.

Regards

Howie

Wrong Swede but early on a Sunday morning hehe :P

Travemünde I have only passed on my way to Laage many many many years ago.. That was a fun school trip! My classmates and new German friends got our German language teacher drunk on sangria and she took rather a fancy to her German counterpart hehe. Ohh what memories :) Thanks for that! Didn't realise I hade forgotten that :) 

41 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

Wrong Swede but early on a Sunday morning hehe :P

Travemünde I have only passed on my way to Laage many many many years ago.. That was a fun school trip! My classmates and new German friends got our German language teacher drunk on sangria and she took rather a fancy to her German counterpart hehe. Ohh what memories :) Thanks for that! Didn't realise I hade forgotten that :) 

Never been to Sweden but I know from documentaries that I,ts a beautiful Country with gorgeous people, especially the women! Have been to Norway. I could imagine landscape wise pretty similar. Yes down old memory lane!

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

43 minutes ago, Howie said:

Never been to Sweden but I know from documentaries that I,ts a beautiful Country with gorgeous people, especially the women! Have been to Norway. I could imagine landscape wise pretty similar. Yes down old memory lane!

Norway is a very gorgeous country :) Actually very different than Sweden naturewise... Strangely engough.. 

You are welcome! If you visit Gothenburg I'll buy you a beer :) Goes for any silver forum friends for that matter :) 

1 hour ago, Schnitzel said:

Norway is a very gorgeous country :) Actually very different than Sweden naturewise... Strangely engough.. 

You are welcome! If you visit Gothenburg I'll buy you a beer :) Goes for any silver forum friends for that matter :) 

Cheers 🍺👍

Archived