• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any one still buying at these highs?

morezone

I was going to treat myself to the 2oz High Relief Wedge-Tail but the price has been increased so I'm going to have to pass on it.

I was thinking of just getting the usual 1oz which I collect but it's really hard to hit the buy button with spot much higher than I'm used to.  1oz for £800 landed is what I'm used to.

Is anyone still actively buying or are you holding back?

I have these priced and ready.  Would you?

2015 Lunar 2 Goat £900

2014 Libertad £917

2015 Somali Elephant £905

Hello Morezone, it certainly is a big difference to last October. Mind you I don't pay those sort of prices. HGM, & Akko/Goldline special offers are more my line.

Personally I have a limit on the average price per oz for the stack, so have picked up a few recently.

However, I have just reached this upper limit with my latest purchase, so gold will be on hold for a while.

I still am under my silver average price target, so any future buys probably going that way.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

hi morezone I have been asking myself the same question for last couple of weeks.pondering wether to go ahead and order or wait for the drop (if it comes) my usual mindset is buy what u can afford month to month but spot at the moment has put me off.I jumped into gold at £720 and feel it's a bit high now but if I started stacking now I probably wouldn't mind paying current price.oh what a hard life it is haha.personally I'm gonna wait til end of week n see what happens

I'm still buying, just waiting for the right deals and coins to pop up, keeping a keen eye on HGM and ebay

It's easier for me though as I prefer around sovereign size, only 1/4 extra on top at a time on what you pay for 1 oz 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

YES - roll on the 1st i will have fire power to add to the stack again

DCA ($) dollar cost averaging

Wont be buying any more or any less in fiat cash (£) terms this month, than i have in the past 4 years plus.  

I just get a little more or little less (oz/g) than I did the previous month, but the stack ALWAYS month on month (no of oz/g) increase my stack  regardless of spot price & i then dont have temptation to spend money on crap or wasting it once i have parked it into gold silver or allocated bullion account.

I was going to treat myself to the 2oz High Relief Wedge-Tail but the price has been increased so I'm going to have to pass on it.

I was thinking of just getting the usual 1oz which I collect but it's really hard to hit the buy button with spot much higher than I'm used to. 1oz for £800 landed is what I'm used to.

Is anyone still actively buying or are you holding back?

I have these priced and ready. Would you?

2015 Lunar 2 Goat £900

2014 Libertad £917

2015 Somali Elephant £905

I like the 2015 elephant, was holding off till I could get it for £800 delivered. Didn't quite happen. Think the goat will be available for years to come but the lib and ele not so easy to find, if you buy and goes down £100 you have lost £200 if you don't buy and they don't become available you will be kicking yourself.

The problem with being a collector is that I have to chase specific coins. Makes it quite expensive to just buying the cheapest billion from the likes of HGM.

I would have made these purchases last year when it was significantly cheaper but funds weren't available.

I've pulled the trigger now so it's too late for second thoughts.

You know spot will drop off a cliff now that I've bought.

I`m in fiat stacking mode right now, as I`m hoping to buy 54 Oz of maples or philis before April.

Then I`m moving onto Gold for a year and see how that goes.

Any significance to the number 54? Seems a strange one to choose.

• Founder & Administrator

Currently I have a phycological level of £1k for 1oz of gold. Anything less and I regard it as a saving.

The Somalian elephants are amazing looking coins in my opinion, I was going to get the 2014 gold elephant but didn't have the funds at the time. If I manage to complete the other coins I am collecting this year then I will try to get the 2015 elephant. Past years of these are extremely hard to find, and the prices tend to rise quite quickly.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Any significance to the number 54? Seems a strange one to choose.

I bet you it is stacking OCD :D   

FS has to round up to the nearest hundred. Or maybe she just isn't as mad as me :wacko:

I have 2 trays of 24 and 6 places left in another tray to fill in one of those Lidl coin cases, that`ll make 96 in total, and leave 2 other trays left to fill with Sovs (that may take a few years!).

so it`s Kinda OCD(ish) :)

I can see the beauty in having a Lidl case filled with a run of Kookaburras or RCM wildlife series but Maples or Phillies ?

I keep the mass produced bullion coins, warts & all, in their original Mint tubes of 20 or 25 as they don't merit presentation in a case.

Everyone to their own though !

Morezone 1oz is my preferencesize on gold. Like you I am more collecting then stacking. What I do is I buy one coin what I want to collect the next one I look around cheapest as possible. This give me coins to collect and coins to sell quick if I need money

I'm with fluttershy and I'm only stacking gold this year. Shame the price has gone up but an extra few quid added on to a sovereigns price isnt too bad. I intend on keepin them for quite a few years so I'm sure the average cost per ounce now won't make much of a difference to a higher future price when sold.

The problem with being a collector is that I have to chase specific coins. Makes it quite expensive to just buying the cheapest billion from the likes of HGM.

I would have made these purchases last year when it was significantly cheaper but funds weren't available.

I've pulled the trigger now so it's too late for second thoughts.

You know spot will drop off a cliff now that I've bought.

You called it MZ! Nice drop in spot since you bought yesterday? Can you buy some more today ....maybe spot keeps dropping?!

At least we can breathe again at under £840. Targets include the 2015 RM lunar sheep (Baldy Bob - don't think we will see them sub£760...but we cannot be greedy), 1 oz Libertad or an Aussie nugget. But I am going to wait it out over the next month - we will see if a Grexit looms up.

The drop today has been welcome as the price was the highest it has been since I started stacking. This £850+/oz business brings a tear to the eye so hopefully it behaves itself into February when I'll be making my next purchase.

I've decided if I can resist until the end of the month I may treat myself to 2 months' worth, so the equivalent of 2 sovs, a half oz or maybe a 4 ducat.

Silver, I have not placed an order with STG for a while now, but sub £11 would seriously temp me. My purchase from my local supplier of the 27 ASE's / Morgan dollars at £14.07 was very welcome.

Gold, I will still look for bargains got the full proof sovereign off eBay recently for £195 delivered, you just have to be a bit cheeky sometimes.

You called it MZ! Nice drop in spot since you bought yesterday? Can you buy some more today ....maybe spot keeps dropping?!

At least we can breathe again at under £840. Targets include the 2015 RM lunar sheep (Baldy Bob - don't think we will see them sub£760...but we cannot be greedy), 1 oz Libertad or an Aussie nugget. But I am going to wait it out over the next month - we will see if a Grexit looms up.

My total order was €120 down at one point.  Now back to where I started. lol

i think there should be a seperate sovereign watch thread somehow   seems a very popular coin  i have to say i can only thing of the 5 popular dealers  but im sure theres loads more   one thing i have noticed is that some dealers are favouring lower prices whrn you get to a quantity of 5   would it not be worth buying 5 sovs  im sure it falls quite a bit  after the 1-4 price

just a thought   would be a good deal at £1045 for 5   atkinsons at the minute  mixed dates

im sure everyones goal is the magic   £199 per sov

how much more than £6.50 postage do you pay at hgm for 5 sovs   sureley its not 5 x £6.50 

Archived