• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

CoinEx 2019 - London 27 & 28 September

Fastnick

17 minutes ago, terakris said:

Last year was good - id like to go again, will see if i can maybe plan a "work" trip on the friday ;) 

I'm pursuing exactly the same plan @terakris ;)

Last year myself and a good friend went on the Friday; we had a good look round CoinEx, followed by a spot of lunch, before heading over to Hatton Garden to sniff out a few well-priced bits of shiny stuff :)

Yup, I'm going on the Saturday.

Last year was nice...met up with Uncle Numistacker, Platinum Skies and Andreas from Coin Cabinet.

It's a different vibe from London Coin Fair as there are lots of different dealers attending from overseas.

Bit pricey though!!!

Not sure I'll be taking Scotty this year as last time he almost got into a fight less than 60 secs after we arrived...ffs!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in negotiations with her indoors about going to London for the day Saturday and allowing me to visit there and maybe doing something in London afterwards. Although I have to be very restrained and not deviate from my collection strategy.

6 hours ago, terakris said:

I'm in negotiations with her indoors about going to London for the day Saturday and allowing me to visit there and maybe doing something in London afterwards. Although I have to be very restrained and not deviate from my collection strategy.

It’s going to be hard because there will always be that coin that sparkles:)

On 21/09/2019 at 05:52, shawy2510 said:

Will be going on Saturday,

Anyone know where I can park in the area lr even get a tube in? I am coming from Leicester & have only ever been to London 3x in my 29yrs of existance :D

I think getting a coach or a train may be beneficial for you as it should be cheaper then the cost of petrol both ways. Once in London use the tube or bus . Use an oyster card or contactless bank card on the tube as it is much cheaper then buying the paper tickets. 

Highly recommend anyone visiting CoinEx to seek out Chris at SV Collector (his table/pitch is in the corner of The Ballroom); just picked up a gold 20 French Franc coin at just below spot (£225), and an immaculate quarter ounce bullion gold QB Yale for just £315.

You’ll need to take cash as he doesn’t accept cards, but he has lots to look at and is offering gold at spot (and if you bargain VERY hard, you might get a few more quid off of spot price). Plus, he’s a very nice fellow to do business with 😀

Back home after what has been an thoroughly enjoyable day up in Town.

Added a couple of non-PM coins to my collection - an 1781 Russian 5 Kopek and a 1799 two penny "cartwheel", that I managed to pick-up for just £20 apiece.

I'd definitely recommend a trip up to CoinEx if you enjoy the numismatic side of coin collecting; from the perspective of acquiring bullion coins at a good price, there are indeed fewer opportunities but there are still some good buys to be had IMHO (especially from Chris at SV Collector; I could have spent serious amounts of money at that fellow's table - if I hadn't decided that paying the mortgage and eating for the next month would be "good things to do" ;))

Archived