• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should Replicas be stopped on eBay ?

Pete

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are truly  a helping hand. Thank you so much for the info. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-Coin-1oz-Silver-New-World-Order-New-Rare-/311489116104?hash=item488632b7c8:m:m1wgcb8dmW3J_RrxE6cZVLQ

Very confusing ebay post i.e. it says under Metal - Nickel silver, then further down, Metal - silver. The year between the picture and the description is also different.

Then it says 99.9% fine silver - then silverplated.

You are truly  a helping hand. Thank you so much for the info. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-Coin-1oz-Silver-New-World-Order-New-Rare-/311489116104?hash=item488632b7c8:m:m1wgcb8dmW3J_RrxE6cZVLQ

Very confusing ebay post i.e. it says under Metal - Nickel silver, then further down, Metal - silver. The year between the picture and the description is also different.

Then it says 99.9% fine silver - then silverplated.

I'd say that's silver plate unfortunately.

Stacker since 2013

Just now, Senegaune said:

Thank you sexes.

Lol, 32 min haha. From my end it looked like nothing like that. ohhh well :P Maybe getting drunk.

So you did buy it? Becuase as you also stated there is 2 things, he wrote that would make me discard this. 1. Metal - Nickel silver 2. 999 Silver plated

cheers

wishy washy - open ended - open to individual interruption description

listed in usa world coin when it is not a usa officially issued government mint

is it a medal or a coin 

it is 31.103g in weight but is it pure or silver plated 

i would stay well clear - i wouldn't go anywhere near it 

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#cancel

just request to cancel the transaction mutually

say your cat walked over your keyboard or something and just say you were looking to buy just this was the wrong item, or offer to buy something genuine from him as he seem a genuine seller by and large 

like one of his RCM products,  

which are only a few quid more 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=world-of-coins-edelmetalle&hash=item488632b7c8%3Am%3Am1wgcb8dmW3J_RrxE6cZVLQ&item=311489116104&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=maple&_sacat=0

Besides modern silver coins I collect/invest in British [mainly 19th C] crown coins, I bid on an 1822 crown in reasonable condition and to be honest i didn't read the description properly, lax I know, I didn't win but shortly after the end I received a message offering me a second chance [on ebay] I hit the button to buy, it dawned on me that there may have been a reason the other buyer pulled out, that wasn't immediately obvious. The seller was listed as in the UK, and there was no description of the coin but in those category boxes I noticed that there was no silver content so I tried to pull out, after having paid! Anyway, I had to go through the rigmaroleof opening a case which took 8 days, meanwhile after 6 days the coin hadn't arrived so I opened another case requesting a refund, yet another 8 days. I went on holiday for a week and thought I'd have to stand the loss. When I returned yesterday I found I had been refunded and on checking my mail found a package from China with the 'coin' within, if it wasn't for the fact that the reverse of the coin was upside down I would have been fooled by its genuineness. An obvious fake!

Today scrolling through Kooks I noticed one which had a buy it now for £12.99, not a bad price but on checking, it is for sale by a UK coin dealer and clearly states it is a plated replica, I was amazed that he has sold 4 already. Who buys a replica coin for a few pounds less than a 999 silver coin? I wasn't aware that the Perth mint sells replica plated coins, does anyone have any information on these?

Archived