• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed .925 scrap silver under spot!

GoldElliott

Evening :)

I have the following .925 silver scrap for sale. 

**the coins are all in awful condition and many have been drilled etc- these coins are for scrap silver and the price reflects this.**

43g (1 5/8oz) net weight = 39.78g pure silver at current spot is £18

Asking for £15.50 plus p+p

Thanks for looking 

IMG_20190818_2140525.jpg

IMG_20190818_2140397.jpg

6 hours ago, dimodae said:

Just a comment. For the scrap of scrap like this

(I fail to see this as a coin.. these are metal Pieces with very very high silver content)

U have to consider 20% melting cost and brokerage fee + you pay postage + time wasted (opportunity cost) 

I was unaware of 20% melting cost- I thought people melted their own silver at home as I've seen hand poured items for sale on here before and priced 15% below spot I thought the price fair. If there is no interest at this price ill withdraw

Sorry, just want to learn too... Why it's not coins but "metal pieces" instead?

They are not medals but looks exactly as coins! Even coins can be sell as trash Silver, and in that way ppl will just ignore it's numismatic valour. I'm I wrong?

And also why the 20% obligation? There's many ppl here who melt Silver in they're houses...

2 hours ago, elliotthuntt said:

I was unaware of 20% melting cost- I thought people melted their own silver at home as I've seen hand poured items for sale on here before and priced 15% below spot I thought the price fair. If there is no interest at this price ill withdraw

Dont withdraw its a fair price. Most dealers will pay between 85-95% of spot. My current scrap dealers in Birmingham will pay £16 for that lot. 

@dimodae please stick to the rules when posting on peoples sales posts. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

50 minutes ago, Draconicus said:

Sorry, just want to learn too... Why it's not coins but "metal pieces" instead?

They are not medals but looks exactly as coins! Even coins can be sell as trash Silver, and in that way ppl will just ignore it's numismatic valour. I'm I wrong?

And also why the 20% obligation? There's many ppl here who melt Silver in they're houses...

Sorry. Some of my personal comments needs explanation.

From my standard, one with holes, bent and Worn to be shiny surfaced coins are not coins. They may look like one.. but falls out of the category of even "junk silver coin" because the least intrinsic value (weight of silver) is often inaccurate due to wear.

The 20% melting fee .. i meant to say when u scrap them to nearby silver sellers. You will be shocked by how many percentage they charge for buying scrap silver

48 minutes ago, Draconicus said:

Its a misformed opinion. Refining costs are 10%. These coins are coins and fine as low value scrap and very reasonably priced. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Just now, dimodae said:

Sorry. Some of my personal comments needs explanation.

From my standard, one with holes, bent and

Worn to be shiny surfaced coins are not coins. They may look like one.. but falls out of the category of even "junk silver coin" because he least intrinsic value (weight of silver) is often inaccurate due to wear.

The 20% melting fee .. i meant to say when u scrap them to nearby silver sellers.

You will be shocked by how many percentage they charge for handling fee

They are coins in that they are shillings, sixpence, florins etc. The markings are still visable and the coins identifiable. 

Looking on bullionbypost they offer around £13.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm new to selling scrap silver so this is a learning experience for me

2 minutes ago, elliotthuntt said:

They are coins in that they are shillings, sixpence, florins etc. The markings are still visable and the coins identifiable. 

Looking on bullionbypost they offer around £13.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm new to selling scrap silver so this is a learning experience for me

http://www.plusgold.com/contact/ They will give you a freepost service - so no postage costs if you want to scrap. Bullion by post gives the lowest. 

image.png

Added 0 minutes later...
1 minute ago, dimodae said:

Sorry. Maybe i am the one that is ignorant here maybe scrapping silver should not be done so hastily to neaby silver shops..hmmm.. i have scrapped some at such a low price i still get pissed off 

I was a bit drunk when i wrote that reply. How can i delete it ^^* 

When in doubt speak to experts. A lot of us have years of experience. Had you asked me I would have helped you :P

1 minute ago, dimodae said:

Thanks for the information!! I really needed this info. Surprised to see that 999 pure bullion and 500 british silver is bought at same price!

Exactly why I stack it bud. 

18 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

http://www.plusgold.com/contact/ They will give you a freepost service - so no postage costs if you want to scrap. Bullion by post gives the lowest. 

image.png

Added 0 minutes later...

When in doubt speak to experts. A lot of us have years of experience. Had you asked me I would have helped you :P

As a mistake I realised that one of the shillings was .500 and not .925 so I've decided to add another .500 shilling and 3d for free. 

Currently 12g of .500 and 38g of .925.

Can sell on the above website for £16.84.

If there are no takers I think I'll send to them but giving tsf first refusal and testing the waters as I have lots more scrap silver to sell in future. Thanks @ilovesilverireallydo for the site!

IMG_20190819_0909198.jpg

Archived