• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 7000+ members.

Thanks to another member @Robjw  - I was convince to purchase one of these below  - - 

Having seen the quality of items delivered to me  - I asked where to get one 

Thanks to "AMAZON PRIME" - delivered today ordered only yesterday afternoon with free postage/delivery to boot!

Got to play in between "OTHER" stuff this afternoon and I can vouch for the suitability IMHO for the quality of the result - 

I am going to put this on a 6 month trial to see if the vacuum is maintained and will report back 

IMG_1896.thumb.jpg.6ed648e7609f237b376152a6c56c3840.jpg

IMIMG_1897.thumb.JPG.8674456edb2bcd0a60efc1107cb7644c.JPGG_1899.JPG

IMG_1898.thumb.JPG.189428c102793af2e64bc17f5cd448a6.JPG

IMG_1899.thumb.JPG.619b27c26d9683dedc03d6146583dafd.JPGIMG_1900.thumb.JPG.1dce69b66dd4dd13ff54d9c4b384c081.JPG
IMG_1902.thumb.JPG.d67f2fdbf765c869b277e19945a876b0.JPG

Edited by 5huggy

I DOUBT it if is encapsulated 1st and then vacuum seal  - added "airless" protection for long term storage!

I will try another type of item within the next 10 mins - keep watching!!

1 minute ago, itslikegolddust said:

I heard that cheap coin folders effect the coins as they react with the plastic

Or is it the air that is reacting with the cheap plastic?

I always keep special "fiddle with " pieces around

the cool "STUFF" gets put of reach by the "BOSS"

im only aloud to play with it  - if i have been a good boy and then only "SPECIAL OCASSIONS"!! 🤫

23 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

Ehrm why? 

I send everything this way, the main reason being a lot of the coins I sell are without capsules from tubes and this has a number of benefits to it. If you use gloves to handle the coins and then vac seal them you should be able to help with milking, it stops placing coins against other materials or exposing them to anything that might have an effect on them.

It makes it easier to package giving them some solidity, stops them hitting each other in transport without having to wrap in layer after layer too. The person unwrapping them can do so without having to touch them too.

Lots of other bonuses to it but ultimately I just like how it vac seals, letting you view the coins without exposing them to anything.

I tend to vac seal everything I have in storage to avoid dust, oils, handling etc even in capsules or boxes just to protect them, never know when your roof might blow off, safe pops open and your proof boxes all get rained on.

Just to add: It is food safe plastic so I would think fine for the coins to be in contact with (Not sure though!)

Edited by Robjw

1 minute ago, Clens92 said:

Sealing gold... a non-reactive metal.  Why?

Apparently 9999 fine gold may contain some copper, like one part of a 1000.  And that one part can cause a red dot on the gold coin.  Funny thing is kruggerands contain far more copper and they don't have red dots.  Not without the predator present.  🤣 

download.jpg

2 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

Apparently 9999 fine gold may contain some copper, like one part of a 1000.  And that one part can cause a red dot on the gold coin.  Funny thing is kruggerands contain far more copper and they don't have red dots.  Not without the predator present.  🤣 

download.jpg

u only need foil and bi carbonate ……… or a wind proof li9ghter to get rid of the spots on gold

3 minutes ago, Robjw said:

I send everything this way, the main reason being a lot of the coins I sell are without capsules from tubes and this has a number of benefits to it. If you use gloves to handle the coins and then vac seal them you should be able to help with milking, it stops placing coins against other materials or exposing them to anything that might have an effect on them.

It makes it easier to package giving them some solidity, stops them hitting each other in transport without having to wrap in layer after layer too. The person unwrapping them can do so without having to touch them too.

Lots of other bonuses to it but ultimately I just like how it vac seals, letting you view the coins without exposing them to anything.

I tend to vac seal everything I have in storage to avoid dust, oils, handling etc even in capsules or boxes just to protect them, never know when your roof might blow off, safe pops open and your proof boxes all get rained on.

I got to agree with all those benefits - and again thanks Rob for the answers to my question - looked so good so now i have one

I may end up having to get another as MIZZez likes idea too much for the kitchen - NOW! "we cant have CROSS CONTAMINATION!" can we

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

u only need foil and bi carbonate ……… or a wind proof li9ghter to get rid of the spots on gold

👍

18 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

I got to agree with all those benefits - and again thanks Rob for the answers to my question - looked so good so now i have one

I may end up having to get another as MIZZez likes idea too much for the kitchen - NOW! "we cant have CROSS CONTAMINATION!" can we

Added 0 minutes later...

👍

Have it for our kitchen too, we cook a lot sous vide and its a huge space saver, we have a lot of frozen stuff vac sealed saving space over boxes.

All our fruit gets vac sealed and put in the freezer (mixing fruit and portioning them for smoothies is great too). Just such a great item to have all round, kitchen and metals too lol

10 hours ago, itslikegolddust said:

I heard that cheap coin folders effect the coins as they react with the plastic

It's not the plastic per se that can be a problem to coins.

The problem it's that almost all kind of plastics contain acids that can react with coins/metals.

Numismatic quality plastic sheets or capsules are made with out any kind of acids on it, turn them safe to use with any coin or metal.

Same problem with Leathers or textiles. It can have acids capable of do some damage to coins/metals.

My advice, buy always from a certificate Numismatic brand, like Leuchtturm for example. 

Edited by Draconicus
Typos

11 hours ago, Robjw said:

Have it for our kitchen too, we cook a lot sous vide and its a huge space saver, we have a lot of frozen stuff vac sealed saving space over boxes

Now Ive seen that on Masterchef ... whats the advantages when cooking then?