• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling silver & gold to businesses

TheSilverSurfer

Hi everyone, 

I just started stacking silver and I think that companies might be interested in buying gold an silver to solidify their cash. 

But first their are a few questions I cannot find an answer to

Do you think there is a market for it? 

And if so; would networking or just cold calling be the right way to do it? 

Does anyone has experience selling PM’s to businesses and what’s your advice? 

What are the pros and cons for a business to buy precious metals?

best regards,

TheSilverSurfer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Businesses may be interested in gold and silver if it is in a form they can buy with and pay wages with. Gold/silver backed digital currencies fit this bill. They do not have to handle/store the metal.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 hours ago, Clens92 said:

Businesses need cash, not hard to liquify metal which takes up storage space.  Think it's a very hard sell, personally.

Yeah sure but it also depends on the size of the company. A small business (like the local butcher) wouldn’t be as interested as another type of company with more than 250 employees. 

Just now, TheSilverSurfer said:

@sixgun a crypto like currency linked to gold? Ha that would be epic AF

The Kinesis currency system is due to launch on 29th August. It is a blockchain fully allocated gold and silver currency system. Hopefully the debit card will appear in September. i know a hard wallet is also in the pipeline. https://kinesis.money

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

34 minutes ago, sixgun said:

if it is in a form they can buy with and pay wages with. Gold/silver backed digital currencies fit this bill. They do not have to handle/store the metal.

Already in use -!!!! when was the last time you got a pay packet ?? -

the digital "wages" is the same as CRYPTO - = an "ELECTRONIC/GRAPHICAL " representation of "Fiat" 

BTW - here its important IMHO to say - - The "Fiat CURRENCY"

When people understand the difference between "CURRENCY and MONEY"  - ALL HELL will break loose!!!!!

Again IMHO

6 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The Kinesis currency system is due to launch on 29th August. It is a blockchain fully allocated gold and silver currency system. Hopefully the debit card will appear in September. i know a hard wallet is also in the pipeline. https://kinesis.money

I tried to find how it’s possible to connect the value of their currency to gold. Maybe i read past, but Isn’t the value of a crypto based on supply & demand? 

9 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Already in use -!!!! when was the last time you got a pay packet ?? -

the digital "wages" is the same as CRYPTO - = an "ELECTRONIC/GRAPHICAL " representation of "Fiat" 

BTW - here its important IMHO to say - - The "Fiat CURRENCY"

When people understand the difference between "CURRENCY and MONEY"  - ALL HELL will break loose!!!!!

Again IMHO

Maybe not in the upcoming few years, but it could be possible that our current currencies turn fully digital and whatnot

2 minutes ago, TheSilverSurfer said:

Maybe not in the upcoming few years, but it could be possible that our current currencies turn fully digital and whatnot

So why (with respect) are you "Interested" in PM's  ???if you appear to think "CRYPTO" is the way forward !!

6 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

So why (with respect) are you "Interested" in PM's  ???if you appear to think "CRYPTO" is the way forward !!

Lol I never said crypto is the way forward. PMs will always be valued, but as a society we are making more and more technological advancements in almost every part of our lifes. That doesn’t mean that the real world would become less interesting. Where humans are, PMs Will always be precious. 

9 minutes ago, TheSilverSurfer said:

I tried to find how it’s possible to connect the value of their currency to gold. Maybe i read past, but Isn’t the value of a crypto based on supply & demand? 

1 KAU = 1g of gold and 1 KAG = 1oz silver. The coins are title of ownership over metal. The coins are created (minted) when a minimum of 100g of gold or 200oz of silver are bought into the system in the Kinesis mint. These coins are then emitted to the minter's wallet from whence they can then be sent to another wallet /spent either directly or via the debit card or sold on the kinesis exchange. The price of coins in the market are a supply/demand equation but i expect that price will closely follow the spot price of gold/silver with a small premium.

1 minute ago, TheSilverSurfer said:

Lol I never said crypto is the way forward. PMs will always be valued, but as a society we are making more and more technological advancements in almost every part of our lifes. That doesn’t mean that the real world would become less interesting. Where humans are, PMs always have been precious. 

"but as a society we are making more and more technological advancements in almost every part of our lifes."

You are SOO right!!

This is the "management" leading the "SHEEPLE" into being controlled with out even noticing it - cos "Its Trendy"

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

1 KAU = 1g of gold and 1 KAG = 1oz silver. The coins are title of ownership over metal. The coins are created (minted) when a minimum of 100g of gold or 200oz of silver are bought into the system in the Kinesis mint. These coins are then emitted to the minter's wallet from whence they can then be sent to another wallet /spent either directly or via the debit card or sold on the kinesis exchange. The price of coins in the market are a supply/demand equation but i expect that price is closely follow the spot price of gold/silver with a small premium.

Oh wow sounds like it has the potential to make the gold value rise more or  maybe in a further future again

Added 0 minutes later...

Oh wow sounds like it has the potential to make the gold value rise more or  maybe in a further future again

E2082913-8BFC-4BDC-8660-694D30EDBE63.png

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The coins are title of ownership over metal.

yeah till you try to get em!! - UNREGULATED by the FCA HMRC - FBI CIA or ANY other Body!

SO who ya going to "scrap" with TO PROVE TITLE on the  - ( 100010111110000011111000000)  YOU say you OWN!!??????

There is easily the potential to bump up the metal prices - assuming it takes off and this is likely since Indonesia intends it to be a parallel currency to their fiat and obligate citizens to save in Kinesis. https://kinesis.money/en/company-news/kinesis-to-launch-revolutionary-new-bullion-backed-monetary-system-in-indonesia/

Once it is established in Indonesia it will be in Malaysia through the post office system and so it goes on. This will suck $billions of gold and silver into the Kinesis vaulting system with all the consequent pressure on physical demand - i expect silver will be the first to crack, although Indonesia will be focussing on gold. There are collaborations being forged throughout Africa and connections being developed in South/Central America - Mexico.

1 minute ago, 5huggy said:

yeah till you try to get em!! - UNREGULATED by the FCA HMRC - FBI CIA or ANY other Body!

SO who ya going to "scrap" with TO PROVE TITLE on the  - ( 100010111110000011111000000)  YOU say you OWN!!??????

The kinesis system is backed by ABX bullion refineries fully audited and with proven track record.

3 minutes ago, Groundup said:

The kinesis system is backed by ABX bullion refineries fully audited and with proven track record.

1} who regulates the ABX???

2} Who says they can be trusted???

3}Audited by "WHOM"???

I would just like to point out, mine is audited by ME (I trust me) 

A favourite "MANTRA" of mine is " IF YOU DONT HOLD IT! - - - - YOU DON'T OWN IT"

6 hours ago, TheSilverSurfer said:

Hi everyone, 

I just started stacking silver and I think that companies might be interested in buying gold an silver to solidify their cash. 

But first their are a few questions I cannot find an answer to

Do you think there is a market for it? 

And if so; would networking or just cold calling be the right way to do it? 

Does anyone has experience selling PM’s to businesses and what’s your advice? 

What are the pros and cons for a business to buy precious metals?

best regards,

TheSilverSurfer

Businesses will have near zero interest in buying gold or silver from you. There's nothing in it for them, no benefit, only risk.

Hardly anyone cares about precious metals in general, but businesses are laser focused on things that add to or take away from their bottom lines. Buying PM would only introduce more risk into their businesses, and might cause authorities to suspect them of money laundering. (They certainly can't pay salaries in metal without risking an AML investigation.)

10 minutes ago, TheSilverSurfer said:

But making a coin costs money, so wouldn’t this kind of currency only lose value? 

You mean Kinesis? I'm not sure I follow. Who's making a coin? The only coins Kinesis makes/mines are electronic. The gold and silver is presumably already in bullion form when it's deposited into their system. It doesn't need to be altered further, and would no more lose value than any bullion would lose value.

Archived