• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Prince Albert celebration sovereign!

goldmember44

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Just talked to The Mint...coins might start being sent out towards the end of the week apparently! 🤞 

Nice... i think the next £1 fee offer on ebay may see a few of these pop up.

4 minutes ago, terakris said:

Probably 7-800 maybe ungraded they will settle at, with the first few on eBay going near £1k perhaps.

Think this is pretty spot on imvho, time only will tell if the 'set of two' does reach the £2.5k mark I have predicted, but the huge variable there is what the Mint does over the next few years...will they keep up the interest/demand, or will it all end for some collectors (like myself) with the last Liz/Sov 'special years'?..

Just now, kimchi said:

Think this is pretty spot on imvho, time only will tell if the 'set of two' does reach the £2.5k mark I have predicted, but the huge variable there is what the Mint does over the next few years...will they keep up the interest/demand, or will it all end for some collectors (like myself) with the last Liz/Sov 'special years'?..

Id sell my set of 2 for £2500! :o 

Just now, terakris said:

Id sell my set of 2 for £2500! :o 

That would be medium term plus imvho, but only if the Mint doesn't eff up the next few years (and who can count on that?!!).

If they do, I see the last modern importants/must haves as the Pistuccis and Coronation SotDs (both preferably in the corresponding 1 Sov 'sets').

If I had one of these I would take 800-900 for this coin now if I didn't have to have it it in my personal collection. But no-one please listen to me, there are experts on this forum, and I am not one of them! (Though unlike some I will always be honest with my opinions and not pump etc).

34 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I’d sell mine for £2499! 😂 

That is tuppence over my budget at the moment :(

Lucky fella though - if you strike while the irons hot(tish - impossible to predict the highs imvho) you should do very well indeed I reckon.

6 minutes ago, 1817Karl said:

I've not been dispatched yet...

I'm sure it'll be winging its way to you soon Karl- maybe yours has gone for Quality Controlling and mine they have just crossed their fingers.

On a positive note, at least these were Struck on the 26th August, a Thursday- If Prince Alberts' Anniversary were just one day later- some would have been Struck on a Friday afternoon...then we would have been in trouble.   

10 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I'm sure it'll be winging its way to you soon Karl- maybe yours has gone for Quality Controlling and mine they have just crossed their fingers.

On a positive note, at least these were Struck on the 26th August, a Thursday- If Prince Alberts' Anniversary were just one day later- some would have been Struck on a Friday afternoon...then we would have been in trouble.   

Thanks for the note, although the 26th was a Bank Holiday Monday, so we're stuffed!

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Archived