• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Prince Albert celebration sovereign!

goldmember44

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, westminstrel said:

I feel it’s mean that dealers are pre-allocated coins which they can sell at inflated prices immediately upon release 😑

It of course works both ways - for instance try and get a 2oz Yale from the Royal Mint for less than you can get it anywhere else......

I was going to offer to try and order one to flip to one of you guys last night..

But then I thought, well I will have to get up at 7am, I will have to go to the post office, someone will only probably give me £50 extra, I can't be bothered

Now I see you guys offering £700 I wish I had 😛 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 hours ago, terakris said:

Will be £800+ by the end of the day so get its while its cheap!

1 minute ago, 5huggy said:

NOW showing @£850 at the CC!!

Another prediction come true. I wouldn't be surprised that when these start arriving on doormats in september they are being offered for over £1k on ebay. I know if someone offered me that for mine id prob sell.

5 hours ago, Ansel said:

Damn, too slow with my card details. Disappeared from my basket by 07:03.

Me too i added to the basked and then the basket cleared by 7:03.

8 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Me too i added to the basked and then the basket cleared by 7:03.

Judging by some dealers being able to post these as "Available" im Guessing that probably only half to two thirds were available to retail!

Some one robbed my basket by 7:03 too!

Just now, 5huggy said:

Judging by some dealers being able to post these as "Available" im Guessing that probably only half to tow thirds were available to retail!

Some one robbed my basket by 7:03 too!

My guess is 75% or more were pre-allocated to dealers or to the mintmark customers or those with good buying history at the mint. I imagine only a handful were available at 7am.

2 hours ago, Kman said:

I was going to offer to try and order one to flip to one of you guys last night..

But then I thought, well I will have to get up at 7am, I will have to go to the post office, someone will only probably give me £50 extra, I can't be bothered

Now I see you guys offering £700 I wish I had 😛

I knew it'd be £300+ at some point during the day, I still didn't bother, which as I'm not rich makes me very lazy and/or very stupid 🤣 :wacko:

This sort of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the true collectors. I don't blame anyone for taking advantage of the flip, good luck to them, it's entirely the fault of the Mint. Folks who have spent thousands on other issues have missed out, a couple of minutes to get one in your basket and try to pay before it disappears is a joke.

I do worry about the future of the modern Sov, I'm already thinking of drawing a line with the last Liz, or possibly just getting the first year of the next monarch.

56 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

My guess is 75% or more were pre-allocated to dealers or to the mintmark customers or those with good buying history at the mint. I imagine only a handful were available at 7am.

This is not great, is it. Coin Connection are still selling - now at 850.00 and others at similar prices - which means they were allocated a fair amount. If there are only 650 I would imagine less than 200 were available to ordinary folk this am. I would suggest a FOI be sent, but we know how the Mint would respond to that 'commercially sensitive' etc.....

4 minutes ago, Rgcoins said:

900 at coin connection

Deary me......I may be willing to let mine go for that amount. There is NO way that I thought the coin would hit that rate.......I thought 750 max and was going to just keep mine. Anything more than 900 and I would be very torn...despite my earlier comments.

Archived