• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to buy silver bullion & coins in the EU

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

libertysilver.ee *

They sell tax free silver in estonia. Not sure how long it will last, germany has already moved their vat on coins from 7% up to 19% to be more inline with the UK and rest of Europe. Although I think the 19% tax in germany applies only to the margin on the silver not the whole value.

You have to arrange for a courier to collect from libertysilver in Estonia, you can do this through their preferred partner GBS Logistics. Though their shipping prices are a bit expensive 2kg is €44 to ship to the UK, plus an optional 0.425% of the bullion value for insurance. Here is a full list of their shipping costs: https://www.gbslogistics.ee/en/shippingcosts.php or you can arrange for any other courier company to collect, which might be cheaper.

*by clicking through to the Liberty Silver site through The Silver Forum, and purchasing. The Silver Forum will receive a small commission. This helps to support our hosting costs, and we are grateful for all members who help us out by clicking the link before purchases. :)

coininvest.com

formally called coininvestdirect.com this used to be my most favoured dealer, prices are very competitive and they used to have a very good selection of coins. Unfortunately they now have to charge 19% VAT even for coins delivered to Germany. A good place for gold as they is no VAT on gold and there shipping prices are quite reasonable.

silver-to-go.com (one of my favourites)

Sister company of coininvest, they have quite a limited selection, but it is VAT free! Prices are slightly more expensive than libertysilver but the shipping charges are more reasonable, so for smaller orders it works out better. I got a couple of 10oz Pert Mint coins from these guys recently.

atkinsonsbullion.com

These guys are quite famous in the UK, but I have only ever bought a couple of coin tubes from them. As they have to sell with VAT, the price is too high for me as I only really buy bullion and a few semi-numismatic coins, so looking to get more ounces for my pounds. They do have quite a wide selection of coins, and if you only want to buy a couple of coins at a time it may work out cheaper than buying from Estonia or Germany, as Atkinsons offer free shipping.

bullionrock.com

Formally Guernsey Mint, there prices are ok and they sell VAT free, however if shipping to the UK or EU you will be hit by VAT and customs charge fees when you import. Personally not to sure I like the name change.

Other bullion and coin dealers:

aurinum.de from germany
bullionbypost.co.uk from UK
europesilverbullion.com

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will have to have a group buy, ideas on what to buy ? And who's interested

Sounds good, especially if you can get VAT free from the US.

Or would Estonia be a better bet?

What's got the biggest upside potential? Rwanda, lunars, britannias?

Stacker since 2013

I had a very serious look into buying from Estonia about a year ago,my experience at the time was it was a complete waste of time .Yes you pay no VAT but the 2 dealers I looked at had very high premiums over spot and the transport cost were high as well.You could buy bullion coins for the same price from atkinsons paying UK VAT.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I had a very serious look into buying from Estonia about a year ago,my experience at the time was it was a complete waste of time .Yes you pay no VAT but the 2 dealers I looked at had very high premiums over spot and the transport cost were high as well.You could buy bullion coins for the same price from atkinsons paying UK VAT.

I think the competition over the past year has brought the primium down, it also depends on type of coin and quantity, small orders of semi bullion coins are sometimes better value from German dealers ,with lower ship costs

I had a very serious look into buying from Estonia about a year ago,my experience at the time was it was a complete waste of time .Yes you pay no VAT but the 2 dealers I looked at had very high premiums over spot and the transport cost were high as well.You could buy bullion coins for the same price from atkinsons paying UK VAT.

Possibly not the case anymore bud.

Just costed up a tube of maples from ESB, £404 delivered so £16.16 a coin delivered.

Atkinsons, £464 delivered so £18.56 a coin.

Big differences there, I'm sure you will agree.

Stacker since 2013

Hello all, I look after the trading at BULLIONROCK - formerly The Guernsey Mint. Hope to be able to contribute or answer any questions anyone may have. Out of interest, you can purchase silver from us and avoid paying VAT by storing in our vault in Guernsey. I know it's not for everyone, as many prefer to have the silver in their possession, but it is fully insured and allocated. May be useful info for some of you.

If you're interested in offers, we currently have these: http://www.bullionrock.com/c/13/special-offers

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum.

Your offer of tubes of 8 Doubles is very good, even with VAT added. I believe you allow pre-payment of VAT?

How much would delivery be to the UK? Cheapest is fine.

Dan

Stacker since 2013

Hi Dan, yes, the Double is a coin we have minted ourselves (legal tender status) Royal Mail insured delivery for a tube works out at £6.50. Multiple tubes are £7.50 in the same package, so it obviously gets cheaper per coin when a larger order is shipped.

Thanks Sam, very tempting.

Not that it really matters, but something I have thought about before, do you have mintage figures for the 8 Doubles coin over past years, or is this not something that is published?

Stacker since 2013

Approx 3,000 per month which is a tiny fraction of the major coins. We have a limitied mintage of 5,000 per week in any event. We also have the ability to mint half ounce 4 Doubles, which we have struck a few of, but these will be going into production soon. We've also looked at minting a 1kg coin.

Thanks for taking the time to join the forum Sam.

If you could please create a signature so that everyone is aware of your job role and that you are representing BullionRock rock, would be great, you can also include a link to the BullionRock website in your signature if you wish.

To edit your signature click on your name at the top right, then click 'My Profile' then click 'Edit profile' on the top right.

Thanks

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hello all.

Have used the price comparison site shown at the bottom of the page a few times and whenever I have used it it has proven to be accurate and flagging up the cheapest retailer.

It displays the prices in descending order but you just need to be aware of those companies charging 19% tax and those charging tax on the margin  

The comparison site is limited to German companies, and is via the medium of German only, so you will need to rely on your browser being enabled to translate. 

I don't know if the issue of the VAT on the margin vis a vis full tax on the sale  has been flagged in any other discussion thread, but this appears to me to have slipped under the radar and with many under the impression that Germany had totally normalized their tax rates as of Jan 1st to 19% and which is not the case

http://www.gold.de/silbermuenzen.html

Thanks very much for sharing that site ArthGoch, I had a quick check and it doesn't check every site or every coin, but it does check a lot, and it's a really useful tool for checking to see if the order you are about to make is fair priced or over priced.

I think this comparison site will help a lot of members. :)

Discounts / Offers

Exactly Chris - Should be used more as a ready-reckoner and barometer to where the market costs are.

That said, when you do see the price difference from the best to the worst if does make you realise that you should not put all your eggs in one basket and it pays to shop around

Happy Stacking! 

hi, what issues do you mean? i am thinking of getting a 10oz kook from here, seems like good prices

Flanders, you can probably find cheaper 2014 kooks from http://silver-to-go.com I bought a couple of 2014 10oz from there. Have a check.

Discounts / Offers

Chris, that's where he was planning to buy from.

I thought he was referring to ESB (europesilverbullion.com)

Discounts / Offers

And yes, welcome to the forum Flanders :)

Discounts / Offers

Archived