• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Australian Shipwrecks Batavia Triangular Silver Coin – 1 oz

999magnum

1 hour ago, StackemHigh said:

Quite mundane springs to mind. 

Do they come in caps or a presentation case as it will be hard to find any of the collector out there. 

I'm leaning towards that. If they do not give caps with these, then it's a lose lose situation imo.

6 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

I'm leaning towards that. If they do not give caps with these, then it's a lose lose situation imo.

I can bet with u ……….. after 2 years these will be near spot price , u better off with a toblerone

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

3 hours ago, adamthetaller said:

Really fancy getting a couple of these, just need to decide what else to add to a GSBE order to justify the postage... 

u can ask someone to buy them for u from gsbe to save postage 

I was initially intrigued by the triangular shape of this new ‘coin’ series, but somewhat underwhelmed by the design; especially, the one on the reverse of this first release.

Reading LPM’s explanation of this hasn’t really helped to convince me of its merits!

It reads as follows …

“The exquisite design of the reverse conveys two scenes to communicate the journey of the Batavia. With the image of the ship viewed upright, the Batavia is shown setting sail in its full glory.”

OK so far, but then this …

“Upside Down”

“Flipping the coin to view the text of ‘1629’ and ‘Batavia’ upright depicts the ship in its final state capsized shortly after wrecking in 1629.”

Yes, really!

In other words, the more ‘adventurously-minded’ among us can get all interactive and simulate the actual sinking of the ship … simply by holding the coin upside down in our hands!

Worth the premium alone, surely!

Cue; a lone tumbleweed being blown by the wind across a bleak and desolate wasteland!

NeutronJack

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 999magnum said:

No I do no know the date when the toblerone releases from your butt hole :D

Did u get one ?

Added 0 minutes later...
1 hour ago, Tickety said:

Too rich for me, as said earlier these will end up at spot price at some point, imho.

I agree will be spot price but I am just buying them as a toy purchase 

45 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Added 0 minutes later...

I agree will be spot price but I am just buying them as a toy purchase 

Fair play, I have bought things in the past because I like them and paid good money for them. I think it's the fun part of this hobby to have things that are different and you want because of that difference

I got it last week Monday. Looks good, but unfortunately same bullion quality as Dolphin, Mob of Roos,... 

All my ship coins already have tiny white spots. Royal Australian Mint should fix the problems. I'm afraid you are right that later it might end up at spot price. I won't buy the other ships of the series unless they are near spot.

Batavia.jpg

14 hours ago, happy2gether said:

I got it last week Monday. Looks good, but unfortunately same bullion quality as Dolphin, Mob of Roos,... 

All my ship coins already have tiny white spots. Royal Australian Mint should fix the problems. I'm afraid you are right that later it might end up at spot price. I won't buy the other ships of the series unless they are near spot.

Batavia.jpg

So you could say, that your ship coins...

Have been wrecked?

*dons sunglasses*

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

On 04/09/2019 at 11:51, 999magnum said:

I will get one just because it's a first. 

If you mean first triangular coin, there have already been some minted, though they are very uncommon. 

Archived