• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recession doom loops

with the increase of divergence across similar markets

they need to focus on what they mean by recession.

two consecutive quarters of negative gdp is not an

accurate picture when the top companies that take

most of the weighting are pulling the averages up.

(and then there's currency printing).

in charting terms we should still be years away from

the start  of a many years down trend.

HH

The best indicator(I remember very well the days of the great recession back in my country) are the increasing empty shops and letting signs all over the place.It looks like 2008 here in Worthing,West Sussex

Ignore what  Carney says, the guy wouldn't know the top of a business cycle from the bottom.

I think its likely that the UK already in recession as business activity will continue to lag up to and possibly past the Brexit deadline. The quarterly GDP numbers will only confirm it 6 months after it starts, and they have a way of revising down prior to retrofit a smoother path to the current quarter's number.

Unemployment is creeping up and people are starting to worry for their jobs. Anecdotally I hear from many people that their companies are cutting headcount and restructuring.

There is already a recession - in reality there has been one for the last 10 years - the real inflation rate is outstripping GDP growth and has been for yonks.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 13/08/2019 at 13:39, Alex said:

The best indicator(I remember very well the days of the great recession back in my country) are the increasing empty shops and letting signs all over the place.It looks like 2008 here in Worthing,West Sussex

It looks similar in Dundee.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/08/2019 at 13:39, Alex said:

The empty shops have nothing to with any looming recession, and more to do with a change in retail habits, where people are buying more  and more online. This will only continue to increase as we raise a nation of kids glued to the internet 24/7. 

I can honestly see high street bricks and mortar retail totally disappear within a couple of decades. The only shops that will remain will be out of town superstores and shopping malls. The best thing for high streets is for them to be turned into affordable housing.   

8 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

The empty shops have nothing to with any looming recession, and more to do with a change in retail habits, where people are buying more  and more online. This will only continue to increase as we raise a nation of kids glued to the internet 24/7. 

I can honestly see high street bricks and mortar retail totally disappear within a couple of decades. The only shops that will remain will be out of town superstores and shopping malls. The best thing for high streets is for them to be turned into affordable housing.   

OK,let's forget about the empty shops but what about the letting/sale house signs popping out like mushrooms after rain and the price dropping?

Archived