• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying silver ( previous stacker)

johnno

Hello all. 

I have been a member from the early days and used to stack but I sold out all my coins to buy an BMW M6!! Foolish I know. I used to buy my coins from Estonia but I think they now add vat to the price. So my question is where is the latest cheapest place to buy silver as I'm looking to get into metals again to supplement me small crypto currency holdings. Apologies of this is a common question. Feel free to bump me along to the relevant thread if there is one.

Kind regards

44 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Hi @johnno European Mint is highly favoured along with Gold Silver. Be

Here - - - - >  https://www.europeanmint.com/silver-bullion/

and Here - - - - >   https://goldsilver.be/en/

BMW!!! I ask you ! tut tut LOL - no faster a depreciating asset !

Many thanks!! Yes the BMW killed me off! I'm now running a 12 year old discovery 3. Hopefully I can build my stack slowly again and have a decent amount for the up coming recession. 

I got the 128i convertable...but it was second hand with only 4000 miles and 3 years old, got an 8 year ex warentee cos they ain't called Big Money Wasters for nothing...and sod all happened to it but I paid $20,000 less for it then new...the last owner I'm sure wishes they never bought it, I love it, when my wife let's me...lol.

On 12/08/2019 at 07:43, johnno said:

Many thanks!! Yes the BMW killed me off! I'm now running a 12 year old discovery 3. Hopefully I can build my stack slowly again and have a decent amount for the up coming recession. 

Honesty at its best. It's a learning process. Fun to have the car but not the financial headaches hahaha. Ive always wanted a porsche, but Ive told myself not until I have at least a mil put away and can pay cash and its not an issue of effecting my wealth or being able to afford the expenses. I blew a lot of money on vehicles in my 20s myself. It really held me back financially, but hey it was fun driving around looking cool ha! Gotta enjoy your youth. Definitely a tough lesson financially though. In the meantime I drive an old ford ranger that I payed for cash 10 years ago that costs me about 300 a year to insure. Nothing like being debt free with only a couple monthly and yearly bills.  Welcome back!

2 hours ago, Ablist said:

Honesty at its best. It's a learning process. Fun to have the car but not the financial headaches hahaha. Ive always wanted a porsche, but Ive told myself not until I have at least a mil put away and can pay cash and its not an issue of effecting my wealth or being able to afford the expenses. I blew a lot of money on vehicles in my 20s myself. It really held me back financially, but hey it was fun driving around looking cool ha! Gotta enjoy your youth. Definitely a tough lesson financially though. In the meantime I drive an old ford ranger that I payed for cash 10 years ago that costs me about 300 a year to insure. Nothing like being debt free with only a couple monthly and yearly bills.  Welcome back!

Watch out though, I recall a story where they found millions of dollars in gold in an old man's garage, the man was not living it up and had died without using any, I do not want it to be chiseled on my grave stone that saved a fortune and spent nothing, I told both my parents to spend it all and think of me onky while they enjoy it and don't have to leave anything more then enough to bury them....my mom did just that, my dad is still alive but sold his land to get a good pension....I have no regrets and now neither does he.

56 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Watch out though, I recall a story where they found millions of dollars in gold in an old man's garage, the man was not living it up and had died without using any, I do not want it to be chiseled on my grave stone that saved a fortune and spent nothing, I told both my parents to spend it all and think of me onky while they enjoy it and don't have to leave anything more then enough to bury them....my mom did just that, my dad is still alive but sold his land to get a good pension....I have no regrets and now neither does he.

For sure. You don't want to be in group therapy in the afterlife complaining about all the life that you didn't live 🤣

2 hours ago, Ablist said:

For sure. You don't want to be in group therapy in the afterlife complaining about all the life that you didn't live 🤣

TOTALLY AGREE @Ablist , Last thing I want , is to be in rocking chair on the porch saying, "IF ONLY, I WISH I HAD!" - more along the lines of WTF "DIDN'T I DO"!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, I have learned the error of my ways although it was fun while it lasted. I'm going to be making my first purchase today in a long time as it's payday. Might look at getting bars this time. Mainly stacked coins previously so might mix it up a bit.

On 12/08/2019 at 14:41, johnno said:

buy an BMW M6!!

Brings back memories. After graduating worked in London on full expenses (base office Manchester) for 4 years made redundant moved back Manchester and age 26 my heart dead set buying BMW M5 Sport with all the trimmings but dad convinced me to buy several rental properties in early 2000 instead. That single decision has had compounding effect cannot underestimated.

So glad listen to my late father and invested money in property in my early twenties rather than just spending money on some short term indulgence. It is the foundation of my stack. Don't get me wrong I still want and yarn for BMW M5 Sport but I am waiting for my midlife crisis before I buy one.

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

Brings back memories. After graduating worked in London on full expenses (base office Manchester) for 4 years made redundant moved back Manchester and age 26 my heart dead set buying BMW M5 Sport with all the trimmings but dad convinced me to buy several rental properties in early 2000 instead. That single decision has had compounding effect cannot underestimated.

So glad listen to my late father and invested money in property in my early twenties rather than just spending money on some short term indulgence. It is the foundation of my stack. Don't get me wrong I still want and yarn for BMW M5 Sport but I am waiting for my midlife crisis before I buy one.

My midlife kicked in and bought my wife a bmw 128i convertible....as it's for my wife it doesn't count....lol.

Stick to the tried and tested. There are some good German dealers and they all been mentioned on this forum. I'd stay away from goldsilver.be. Buy now before hard Wrexit.

welcome aboard...again.

Despite people's reservations about goldsilver.be , I've not had a single issue from them in almost a score of orders. 

But as they say, you pays your money and you take your chances ...

• 8 months later...
On 12/08/2019 at 14:41, johnno said:

Hello all. 

I have been a member from the early days and used to stack but I sold out all my coins to buy an BMW M6!! Foolish I know. I used to buy my coins from Estonia but I think they now add vat to the price. So my question is where is the latest cheapest place to buy silver as I'm looking to get into metals again to supplement me small crypto currency holdings. Apologies of this is a common question. Feel free to bump me along to the relevant thread if there is one.

Kind regards

Wow, hi Johnno, one of the very early members. Welcome back.

I too have just started up again after a 4-5 year sabbatical. I sold most of my stack to buy cryptocurrency, not sure which one of us got burned worst!!! M6 is much more fun than some bitcoin though.

Stacker since 2013

Yeah way back in early 2014! now a lot fatter and a bit greyer!

I also have some crypto but im a xrp man myself with some dabbling in ADA, BAX & HOT. Hopefully with getting back in silver ican hedge my bets a bit better

14 minutes ago, johnno said:

Yeah way back in early 2014! now a lot fatter and a bit greyer!

I also have some crypto but im a xrp man myself with some dabbling in ADA, BAX & HOT. Hopefully with getting back in silver ican hedge my bets a bit better

Ha ha, I'm fatter too but absolutely no grey yet!!!

I have never had any XRP, not sure why, just didn't like the minimum wallet balance I guess. I have ADA, and also used to have a ton of BAX but got rid of it just as the majority of the team were leaving. Currently in BTC, ADA, KIN, SYS, Pundi and Bomb. Got bits of hundreds of others but nothing worth mentioning.

I sold about 650oz of silver, currently clawing my way back up there at about 150 now.

Stacker since 2013

Archived