• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Steedg

Hi thanks for letting me join 👍

im new to silver and wanted to start collecting bars as gold is way out of my league 

I’ve recently bought some 9999 Canadian coins that had been cut in half for some reason but one appears to have a brass/gold colour inside ? Is this fake or an impurity as the others look silver 

D69D338E-06DC-4BB3-B946-01A71D5482A4.jpeg

00CF8BE2-556F-481D-9FD4-632A86694981.jpeg

14 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Hi and welcome - you'll obtain plenty of education help from some of the Guru's on TSF 

Can I ask WHY? you bought coins that were "already" cut in half ????😕

I got them for £5 so thought 🤷‍♂️ 

Added 0 minutes later...
13 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

AND ALMOST CERTAINLY FAKE - if brass colour in side "SOLID SILVER MAPLE! 

Fake ? Glad I didn’t lose much money then . Thanks for the input 

Thats your 1st lesson at £5 - there are lots of fakes - learn lots of info from this forum and you are far more unlikely to make BIGGER mistakes that could cost you dearly!

SO ENDETH Lesson One - - - 😉😊👍

54 minutes ago, Steedg said:

Just tried , not magnetic 

@Steedg are you aware of neodymium magnet test on Silver !?  Its a damn quick and easy test to do - awesome , instant results 

I'll find you the best video of this in action

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

As they are basically destroyed anyway, it wouldn't hurt to do an acid test on them. Would be an interesting experiment and you will be able to easily see if they are real or not. My presumption would be that the brass coloured one is plated in silver but inside is some other composite base metal. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well I’ve just had it tested from the pawn shop it was originally purchased from and it turned out 86% copper . The owner couldn’t apologise enough and gave some money back for the trouble so essentially I got this piece for free . It also turns out it was cut up to make colloidal silver 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived