• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Website for comparing UK prices for gold sovereigns, britannias, etc

1 hour ago, tallthinkev said:

Nice idea and looks good and nice and easy. I see that Chards and Jewellery Quarterly Bullion are mentioned twice, any reason for that? 

I think they have new (2019s) and beat value (Random years) if a dealer does both

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

BRAVO - great little web page ! 

Really good that I can see at a glance what the best value is. Great time saving tool, Any form of time saving gets a thumbs up from me

If a newbie asked me "where would be the best priced sovereign from a reputable dealer", i would have just defaulted to saying Atkinsons of the top of myhead. 

Looking at the figures on your site, IM WRONG ! 

Points of note from me ! not moans, not complaints, feedback to build on

1.totally great it shows the % over spot.  This is what used to make HGM SO GOOD and a big factor that made them build their rep & business. Since they changed, this part of their business model, they have just lost a lot of my custom this past 18 months just for this reason 

You knew the vast majority of stock was ALWAYS +3% over spot , simple as, PILE IT HIGH SELL IT CHEAP - 1/10s, 1/4's or 1oz. 

Great in the background it crunches the numbers to show at a glance where is current best value. big time saver !!  

2.  I would use Royal Mint Bullion as the benchmark price and compare others to this to it.  ie saving £9.85 you would pay at the Royal Mint. Also to show to Joe Public how uncompetitive that actual mint that makes the sovereign is ones of the dearest to buy from !

3.  Other dealers to add, ukbullion.com, ATSbullion, bleyerbullion, have used them all and can be very competitive on price.  You may as well list maybe change JewelryyQuarterBullion to BullionByPost as i think how most folk know them by. It highlights what a rip off they on on price in most cases to.

4.  As other have said, with time add other coins, krugerrands, maples, usa eagles, fractionals. queens beasts, world gold coins, slabs would be a great addition long term

5.  I dont feel it needs all jazz and razzamatazz to funk it up.  it does what it says on the tin.  shows your the cheapeat source at a glance, it doesnt needs to be over complicated IMO

6. I would very happy to pay a one off fee for yearly access to it. maybe keep the sovereigns price for FREE use access 24/7 (the hook in, to show how it works) and add all the additonal coins & fractionals as a chargeable extra say £10 yearly fee would be fair and probaly be made back on buyers first purchase 

7.  I know its not possible but prices of gold items for sale here on the silverforum here are often lower still, ......well when im selling they are ;) lol 

WELL DONE YOU @S2G

Little additional follow up - I ALWAYS liked how coininvest.com in Germany, Silver To Go'es big bother

Offered the tool in the sorting drop downs the option of "Best Price Per Oz"

https://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/#?sorting=best_price_per_oz_asc&grouping=country_id&page=1

With your sight bringing in so many live data feeds for price doing the number crunching, to pin point at a glance, the current best value £ gold per oz, from the pool of ALL UK dealers.

That would be ace ! 

I really like the clean simple view, like a spreadsheet. 

I’ve bookmarked this to use and interested to see the development.  Affiliate links would be good for you to make a little extra and an incentive for people to use the links knowing you get something back for taking the legwork from us. 

You could offer dealers space to put a deal of the day/week on the page.

@HighlandTiger Haha, you're welcome — I agree about the format, somehow I didn't spot it earlier.

@Paul Thanks for all the feedback and great ideas! I renamed JewelleryQuarterBullion to BullionByPost and also added ATS Bullion and UK Bullion. I'll have a look at the list of dealers as well 👍

And the big news: data for half sovereigns and 1oz britannias is now available,  each on its own page:

https://goldcompare.net/sovereigns
https://goldcompare.net/half-sovereigns
https://goldcompare.net/britannias

I'm considering adding custom dashboards as well, so each person can add links to products they are interested in. Something for the near future :)

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, S2G said:

I increased the gap between each row slightly, hope it helps.

It certainly does @S2G - might it also be possible to put a larger gap between the "View" line and the price of the next most expensive supplier? At the moment, the information for each dealer is not clearly seperated from the info of the next one.

11 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

It certainly does @S2G - might it also be possible to put a larger gap between the "View" line and the price of the next most expensive supplier? At the moment, the information for each dealer is not clearly seperated from the info of the next one.

I'm not sure I completely understand but I have a feeling something is not quite right for you. When you get a free moment, could you please send me a screenshot of the website, either via a Private Message or email? I'd be curious to see how it appears on your end. Thanks!

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Fastnick said:

Here's a screenshot that I took just now - though at the moment the data isn't loading (it might be that you're doing some work on it at the moment??)

1552365491_screenshotjpg.thumb.jpg.26382db64330ca64887b172432657f59.jpg

png2pdf.pdf 292.78 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like there was a temporary issue  — is everything working ok at the moment? The website is getting more and more traffic and there are probably limits to how many visitors it can take at a time and how much data I can process in real time. Upgrading the server to a better plan will fix this, but I will stick to the free tier for now, to keep costs down.

This is awesome, added it to my bookmarks!

My only question and thing that annoys me a little is that it is not sorted by total price including postage.

Granted HGM are cheaper for sovereigns if you pick them up but overall they are not the cheapest. 

By no means is this a harsh criticism - I love the whole idea and expanding it at some point to other products like Queen's beasts would be incredible!

Good luck!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

@S2G My apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this - the dreaded "day job" has been getting in the way a lot these last few hours!

I've tried 3 or 4 times since this morning on my Windows laptop to view the site, but on each occasion I keep getting the same message as in the screenshot above to say that the data is loading. I've waited up to 10 minutes, but the screen remains in its "loading mode"

I am however able to view it on my iPad; have a look at the screen shot of what I see on my iPad and you'll see I've popped in a few red arrows where it would be really, really handy to put in line breaks (so as to separate the data of each bullion dealer, as at the moment it appears as a continual list of unbroken lines of information)

Hope this helps to clarify what I was hoping you might be able to do, in order to make the site a little bit easier to read

239195214_iPadScreenshotJPG.thumb.jpg.70d1c11258e9c710a10a50d0aaa61fd6.jpg

@Fastnick Well, it is definitely not supposed to look like this! The table should be like in the attached screenshot.

The website is made to work with most browsers or devices, but there are some exceptions, for example the Internet Explorer browser or older iOS Safari (for iPhones/iPads). As a minimum, it should work with the following browsers and versions: Microsoft Edge 16+, Firefox 52+, Chrome 57+, Safari 10.1+, iOS Safari 10.3+.

So for Windows, you can download Firefox or Chrome for browsing; on iPads you can either update iOS to the latest version or download Firefox from the AppStore (all are free).

Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 19.07.26.png

Edited by Guest

Really nice - well done.  Big thumbs up from me.  Simple, clear, intuitive, easy to navigate.

All that needs to happen now is for the gold price to fall back by about 20% (I'm still a buyer rather than a seller right now) and I'm all over it!