• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is there something wrong with me?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/cznu

I was in UK in 2011 and dont remember 12 eggs cost 3 pounds, true that now you can buy 12 for 2 pounds. 

Our household is spending about 33% more just for food comparing to last year July, we didn't start any extravagant eating habits more than that i thing we went for lower quality staff even.

If anyone is a prepper having some hens will certainly provide dividends, especially if the economy goes the way of Venezuala.  Eggs will certainly be in more demand than gold and a very hot commodity,

Its a shame that with chickens there are few birds that are good eat as well as lay eggs, hence there are what are called table birds (for eating) or layers.

belangp has really good points in his videos. It is a shame that so little people watch him.

Eggs are not a problem, problem is 50-100% food price increase during last 8 years, minimum wages went up about 30% and a lot of jobs stagnant or barely moved. I remember Lidl advertising in 2013 to pay living wage 8-9 pounds when NMW was 6.3. Now they pay 9 pounds when NMW is 8.21. Most jobs are paid like mcjobs but gov tell us everything is fine coz jobs wage rise proportionally to inflation. More than that Bank of England inflation calculator says wages even outperform inflation. So nothing to worry about, everything is fine... but somehow it doesnt fit to what i see everyday in real world. I think people really need red pill coz real financial matrix is suffocating  them without their knowledge.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, SmallTimeStacker said:

Eggs are going to shoot the moon confirmed I'm investing all my money in eggs

I would say just be cautious  - - or the "YOLK" could be on you!!!   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 1 month later...
On 05/08/2019 at 19:48, universalcurrency said:

Its a shame that with chickens there are few birds that are good eat as well as lay eggs, hence there are what are called table birds (for eating) or layers.

I believe you can still make good soup and broth out of a layer...

I haven't kept receipts from 10 years ago, but my strong impression is that my grocery bills are now nearly twice as high as they were 10 years ago. A double in 10 years would mean a compound increase of about 7% per year. The overall CPI rate is low because of the way the basket of goods is constructed. For example, this table (from the UK government website) shows that restaurants and hotels have a higher weighting than food and beverages, but many people make little use of restaurants and hotels, so they are not benefitting from the lower rise in prices.

image.png.b3cd7e9b2602055adedc7ac9b976dc6f.png

On 17/11/2019 at 11:06, 5huggy said:

No need to "SCRAMBLE"!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Was that your attempt at cracking a yolk?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 21/09/2019 at 21:49, SmallTimeStacker said:

Eggs are going to shoot the moon confirmed I'm investing all my money in eggs

Mind you don't put them all in one basket.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

We hear that inflation is 1 - 2%. This is a lie. i have posted several times about this. The governments have been rigging the inflation data like they rig the climate data. They still weave the myth of global warming with the new cover all b@llocks about 'climate change' and they still even make out they are struggling to get inflation up.

If they were honest and said inflation is running at 10%+ how could they carry on with low interest rates? They couldn't. 
The so called experts on Bloomberg etc talk about low inflation - they are simply brought it to repeat the lie - it is a form of gas lighting. [Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity, in order to gain more power, makes a victim question their reality.] - It is like the unemployment rates - it is like the booming economy. Lie upon lie upon lie. 
We know fiat currencies are trash - this is why most of us are swapping out what we have for real money. They all decrease in value until they are worthless - it has happened every single time they have been used. The central banks are throwing out $trillions in an attempt to keep their criminal conspiracy and thievery going. 

Be thankful you have caught on to this aspect of their actions and carry on stacking........and build up some food stocks your life might just depend on it.

3 hours ago, Bumble said:

I haven't kept receipts from 10 years ago, but my strong impression is that my grocery bills are now nearly twice as high as they were 10 years ago. A double in 10 years would mean a compound increase of about 7% per year. The overall CPI rate is low because of the way the basket of goods is constructed. For example, this table (from the UK government website) shows that restaurants and hotels have a higher weighting than food and beverages, but many people make little use of restaurants and hotels, so they are not benefitting from the lower rise in prices.

Many people dont drink or smoke, or buy education services, rarely buy furniture, so on.  It is a synthetic number made up based on the total population weighted to areas expenditure as applied across the whole economy*.  We know this, and know that personal inflation will be different (no one is average), many will be more, many will be less.  I dont see my weekly shop has risen in 10 years, slightly less as i buy a little less beer and less expensive baby food.  On other hand, lunch certainly risen last couple of years as many local places seem to have gone through 2 or 3 prices increases.  Inflation measures the economy, not individuals. 

* CPI excludes some things like rents. 

• 2 weeks later...

Statistic is beautiful science you can prove absolutely everything in it if you pick data properly. Thing is most of people are working more and can bay less essentials even that their wage is going up according to official inflation. Something is not right then. System is designed to steal from everybody by those who designed and control it, no body revolt coz it was unnoticeable for quite a while but recently it is speeding up and become significant. In rich developed country's  person working full time struggles to meet end needs and it getting worse, how long situation like that can last?

I am minimalist/frugal, try not to waste money and count my money. In last year our household spending jumped from  about 1150 per 4 weeks to 1400 per 4 week. I am aware of life creep and not fell in to that. Our quality of life even dropped coz we started to buy lower quality staff and overall quality of our usual products dropped. So our cost rise by 22% meanwhile dropping quality, our wages rise about 1.4% ( bonuses didn't rise , just base rate). Yes inflation is felt personal but it is not excuse to ridge measurements. 

P.S.

I am so excited that 2019 Porshe 911 dropped 5k in price in last quarter that is whole 5%! I will take 10, please.

• 1 month later...

Hmm so according to that we got deflation, prices are going down in reality and i just see non existing things on my bills. Conclusion: apparently i got mental.

Interest rate The rate, which is currently 0.75%  ; inflation rate 2%   

Real inflation accordingly to above -1.75%  ...

It is a little trickier to work out sometimes as different products get “tampered” with either by decreasing their size or using less robust, cheaper ingredients/materials compared to previous calculations in history but you get the idea. Also, governments have altered the ways they calculate inflation rates compared to the past, so you have to be aware of that too, when comparing.

• 4 months later...

Archived