• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pccb sovereign

Projectbf

Hi I'm completely new to coin collecting and have seen pccb sovereigns on ebay like the one in the link. How can I be sure it's actually real, has it been graded as its sealed with the holographic stickers or are they just fake? Many thanks 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F293168161990

I’m by no means an expert on the subject but there are a couple of things that appear slightly off to me.

1.  Colour - looks too brassy for a sovereign (although hard to judge with poor quality images).

2. Both the obverse and reverse look like they are lacking detail (again poor image quality doesn’t help).

3. The item description reads as if it’s a disclaimer for the item being fake.

3. A quick google search will show you these “PCCB” graded coins are often associated with fakes.

Hope that’s of some help in lieu of a better response. 

Don't buy this. Not unless you're 100% sure you'll get you're money back if it isn't genuine. 

I think PCCB is a rip off of the PCGS. PCCB is a Chinese box company standing for Professional Coin Collecting Box. Almost 100% the coin within is a fake. There's so many fake sovereigns out there, and putting a box like this around makes them appear more legit as well as discourage the buyer from testing the coin. 

I believe there's @Numistacker sub forum which will let you know a lot more about coin grading. 

Thanks to all, the seller has reluctantly cancelled the order but only after I reported him for selling the same coins as reproductions. It never states that they are real neither does it state they are fake so that's the grey area hecan continue to operate under. I suppose its my own fault for not researching beforehand 

Archived