• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How Much Gold in the World?

Serendipity

It's no secret that the world's supply of physical gold is limited. Gold is incredibly rare, making up about 0.003 parts per million of the earth's crust. The World Gold Council (WGC) estimates as of 2017 that around 187,200 tons of gold have already been mined, two-thirds of which were mined in the last 70 years or so. And since gold is virtually indestructible, this means that almost all of this finite yellow metal is still around in one form or another. Pack this gold together and you’ve got a cube that measures about 21 meters on each side. A cube this size would fit comfortably in the middle of a baseball field. As far as the amount of gold that remains in the earth, the U.S. Geological Survey estimates that there are about 57,000 tons left to be mined.

493275F7-E757-424A-AEB9-CC86656C5F8C.jpeg

18B7B7C5-C35E-46BA-8CED-F6C0116737AB.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Abyss said:

http://demonocracy.info/ Great website for visuals representation where the following images comes from.....

image.thumb.png.0ee297f7f5cb50dfded5c7d3054e122e.pngimage.thumb.png.03da44a3592d7512c007f030d139ca14.png

@mr-dead I think you need to up your security - people are sharing pictures of your house and stack now!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I reckon it's possible that there's quite a bit of gold in the planet that simply can't be mined, too. Considering how there's thought to be deposits of diamonds and other gemstones right down near the border between the crust and mantle, where the sheer temperatures and pressure are impossible to work with (as well as diamonds inside the mantle itself), it's not too much of a stretch to suggest there could be a decent amount of precious metals down there too, having slumbered deep within the Earth for millions - if not billions! - of years.

23 hours ago, campbellgs said:

I'd lick that cube if it existed 

I would be 2nd in row. :D

Edit

Are those data accurate? I mean possession of gold by countries ? I thought france an italy have less than stated here.

Archived