• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coins you want to bid on but current funds just don't allow it

HighlandTiger

Is it just me, but why do the coins you are after always appear at a time when you just don't have the funds to buy it. 

If this auction was in three weeks time, i'd have tons of money and I would have bid on this coin...as it is, some lucky barsteward is going to get my coin.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-MINT-2014-LUNAR-YEAR-OF-THE-HORSE-5-OZ-SILVER-999-COIN-395-RETAIL-/281559404764?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:3160

Grrrrrrrrr  :angry:

Is it just me, but why do the coins you are after always appear at a time when you just don't have the funds to buy it.

If this auction was in three weeks time, i'd have tons of money and I would have bid on this coin...as it is, some lucky barsteward is going to get my coin.

Grrrrrrrrr :angry:

I think I am the lucky barsteward ;-)

Can't Really complain.I have saved 70£

Plus you have got a stunning coin,if I hadn't made the decision not to collect 5ozers you'd have had a bit of competition ;) .Now then HT will be wanting some commission :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

For me it's not about funds, it's if I see something has sold on ebay for a certain amount, then this time around it's £30 more I just begrudge paying it, I want the cheap bargain price  :ph34r:

There was a 1928 2.5 dollar indian head coin yesterday, £110 with an hour left and I thought ooo I will have that for £135 if possible, really like the design, nice little coin

Went for £170 in the end, seen them sold cheaper, not a rare date, didn't want it for that price.

2410__orig.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Or a silver noble. Im sure I've seen them or have one somewhere. A small seller - shetland bullion- has also introduced a round with a similar viking ship in silver. I wasn't willing to pay over £30 for a oz silver round but they had some on ebay that were being sold as seconds for £20. I couldn't see a mark on the one I got.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I know they do platinum Nobles too but haven't seen silver ones - would definitely snap one up if I saw one.

I think they may have only ever produced the silver ones for 2011.  I haven't seen them in the UK (may not looked hard enough) but they do appear in the US fairly often.  They're not cheap though.

Archived