• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beast Lion

SamGibsonBJJ

Hi,

I have the whole of the queens beasts series in the box and just bought another Lion of England second hand from Atkinsons bullion for £50. I have seen the Lion selling for much more so thought this was a bargain. 

Do you guys feel the value of this coin will go up over the years as it is the first in the series and one of the most popular coins?

Thanks,

Sam

Oh I see! Could be a good pickup, yes... especially if silver prices keep on rising. But the lion still has a good premium virtually everywhere, even if you want to sell to some dealers... who rarely pay more than spot for second hand silver.. for a lion they pay more!

I see there they had the griffin too, for £44 ... now that I would have gone for, they seem to be very scarce now. But it's sold out already.

10oz versions are epic, and if you have one the boxes made by Alun they look the business inside the box which is custom made and house the 10oz coins.

The guy (Alun silver forum member) also does the box for the the 2oz coins versions aswell.

I think paying £50 for the lion is a good price. Not too sure though whether it will sky rocket just because it is the first coin. Definitely a premium on the coin and a worthy premium. 

Here is the last update I have seen on mintage #s for the QB's.

Recently in this thread I shouted out to @pampfan to see if he could get an update of the mintage figures. I believe he is working on it. He asked for all those interested to "like" his reply over there.

Here is @pampfan reply to my request (You can like this one for encouragement):

Just took a look around and not seeing 10oz Lion or Griffin selling for any price anywhere.

APMEX, JM BULLION, SD BULLION, SILVER GOLD BULL, BGASC, BOLD, EBAY, ETC.

Glad I have 1 Lion and multiple Griffins...Others seem to follow the same pattern...Rise in price and then scarcer and scarcer.

I love that Bull. Thought it was plain in the 2oz but in the 10oz it looks bad ass!

5 hours ago, scoremore said:

Just took a look around and not seeing 10oz Lion or Griffin selling for any price anywhere.

APMEX, JM BULLION, SD BULLION, SILVER GOLD BULL, BGASC, BOLD, EBAY, ETC.

Glad I have 1 Lion and multiple Griffins...Others seem to follow the same pattern...Rise in price and then scarcer and scarcer.

I love that Bull. Thought it was plain in the 2oz but in the 10oz it looks bad ass!

Multiple Griffin's could mean quids in

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

have everyone information about 1 Kg Lion 

in Silver Proof ?

i find 600 pcs. will be produced 2017

is this correct ?

world wide i can find 2 or 3 offer for over

2000 U.S. Dollar today GoldSilver.be sell

out one Coin for 789 Euro this will be a

Great Investment to buy this Coin or what 

do you mean ?

Best Regards from Germany

rublefan

8FF56967-4EB7-4808-BDF7-761EF6609AE9.jpeg

5BC6A475-71BC-4DF4-B8A7-83D15A1B5586.jpeg

Got the 10oz Lion and its bloody epic! Love staring at it and it always puts a smile on my face. 😎 

The 2oz coins sometimes appear as a whole lot on eBay. Worth keeping an eye out for them as you would get a better price compared to purchasing them individually at this point of the series. 

On 02/08/2019 at 19:07, SamGibsonBJJ said:

Do you guys feel the value of this coin will go up over the years as it is the first in the series and one of the most popular coins?

Definitely, the value of the Lion of England has gone up and will continue to go up for the reasons you mention. The lion is very emblematic of England from the bronze lions at Trafalgar Square to the three lions on every England strip.

1 hour ago, tallthinkev said:

How much would a 10oz Griffin go for now, seems more expensive than the Lion 

The 10oz Lion still seems to command a significantly higher premium than the Griffin. I don't think we ever had the definitive mintage figures for these coins so it's impossible to know how many of each are out there.

For the 2oz coins the Griffin generally seems to sell for more than the Lion, probably in part because there are about 40% more Lions out there than Griffins (we had sales figures for these before the RM decided these were state secrets). The Dragon doesn't show signs yet of climbing so high , despite the sales figures being similar.

The 1oz gold bullion coins (with 72% more Lions sold than Griffins) show a similar trend to the 2oz silvers, with Griffins fetching the higher premiums.

On 27/08/2019 at 22:40, RubleFan said:

Hello,

have everyone information about 1 Kg Lion 

in Silver Proof ?

i find 600 pcs. will be produced 2017

is this correct ?

5BC6A475-71BC-4DF4-B8A7-83D15A1B5586.jpeg

Yes, there were 600 Peaces minted:

1244665192_LionAuflage.thumb.png.701f7b890733ea892072ecb7e5b82b7f.png

Quelle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen's_Beasts_(coin)

You can by a NGC69 graded coin in Belgium: https://goldsilver.be/en/home/2831-uk-1-kilo-silver-queen-s-beast-lion-2016-proof-ngc69.html

Archived