• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

Gold in USD has risen 1.2% over the last 24 hours, 1.6% in GBP

This may be so, however at the time of writing what I said was true and the 0.3-0.6% rebound also happened in the early evening due to the pound recovery.

Context and timing are key! For instance if I were to quote you and tell you the facts right now, it's gone down 0.03% in the lat 24 hours! :o

Well, this is turning into the buying opportunity of the century. Load up before end of October, preferably before the EU summit, or during, if it is choppy when they are negotiating.

Anyway I can't share their optimism for a Brexit deal at this stage. I think Boris is bluffing and Varadkar fell for it... he is buying time, of course, and doesn't want his parliamentary opponents to think no-deal is a strong possibility when we have still a few weeks left, and they could potentially wreck his plans if they knew what it was. So... he's been very clever and mislead Varadkar who will in turn influence the EU to be complacent. We will see :) Boris is smart...

Edited by goldmember44

Just wondering ...How many people who follow this gold monitoring thread, actually trade on the price of gold to earn / lose money? I.e. HAVE SKIN IN THE GAME..not just opinion!

I trade gold ETF’s as a swing trader, as opposed to day, and have had a very ‘interesting’ quarter (+66%)...I use technicals, Elliot wave (sometimes), RSI, MACD, FIBS, BOLS etc ....but primarily am driven by fundamentals and sentiment...I find people I trust (Greg Mannarino, Eric Sprott, Hantec Markets) and act accordingly. Just curious, as I am always open to ideas that work / make me money. Who do you use  that helps...?

“The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more”  Charlie Munger