• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

I'm thankful for the little "respite".. since if the price will go up too fast, without any retrace, then I probably won't be able to add more gold to my "stack" in the near future... so, now we can still load up with relative ease :) Longer term, I'm definitely bullish on gold (and silver), and of course it always acts as a wealth retainer in times of any possible disaster or currency devaluation. We're not out of the woods yet in the UK with this Brexit drama...

11 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

NFP came in low so gold should pick up again...

This is why gold was taken down yesterday - ahead of poor NFP figures. i have seen this plenty of times before. Certainly in silver, price would have gone through the $20 handle which would have drawn more attention to the Devil's metal. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Will be interesting to see what the ECB gets up to later this week..Gold is struggling, and needs a boost from somewhere..I guess the big one is on the 18th September, when the Fed have an opportunity to shake the markets up a little..Trump will explode if there is no rate cut!

Currently sat predominantly in cash, and sat on the fence observing...sometimes the hardest thing to do is wait and do nothing!

56 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Probably a stupid question but does the Gold Price generally follow basic trading rules such as Support, Resistance, Fib Retracement?

A lot of people do rely on these things but in my experience, gold tends not to be as amenable to charting as forex, stocks and other such instruments.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Well the ECB rate cut rally didn’t last long..

3FE6E1B1-DD87-4881-B010-AF35B4B7F57A.thumb.png.8dad9332bce4db610574664556dea48c.png

Buy the rumour sell the news springs to mind...

Like @Frenchie (on a different thread))I think the trend is lower,I’m hoping to buy back into ETF’s at 1450.That said, I will probably start building some sort of  position prior to the 18th, regardless of price...I don’t know anyone with a crystal ball that works for gold..which is a pity!

Edited by Kookaburracollector

1 minute ago, KDave said:

Money going into stocks, new all time highs coming for index investors. The market like a trained dog remembers what happened the last time the QE bell rang. 

I think the trainer was called "PAVLOV"! 😉

Sorry for the potentially basic question.

I've always been checking the price of gold in £ as i'm from England, I was under the impression the prices between currencies were just the exchange rate differences.

Can someone explain why, in the past 2 hours, the price in £ has been dropping, yet the price in $ has been increasing?  Are they actually seperately valued and you can actually make money off of buying it in 1 currency and selling it in another, or has the value of the 2 currencies changed so greatly in the last 2 hours?

23 minutes ago, Miganto said:

Are they actually seperately valued and you can actually make money off of buying it in 1 currency and selling it in another, or has the value of the 2 currencies changed so greatly in the last 2 hours?

That basically is how futures traders in "PAPER " pm's can make a packet and manipulate pricing - - I know cos I do! 😉

You are quite right as to how the price in different FX can vary considerably

check these out!

https://www.usagold.com/cpmforum/goldpricemajorcurrencies/