• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

13 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Yes - quite right!

who (in their right mind)   would pay £ XXXX for a 2002 PF70 NGC slabbed HALF SOVERIEGN!!!

Sit down and take deep breath before the X - figure is revealed in 10 mins!!! 😉

Plenty of of the Slabbing Acolytes on this forum. I'm sure they'll pay over the odds for a coin with a bit of plastic around it :) 

1 minute ago, JunkBond said:

You can never laugh too much @5huggy

OH @JunkBond - just wait for this "DRUMROLL!!!!!! 😉

Added 0 minutes later...
5 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Plenty of of the Slabbing Acolytes on this forum. I'm sure they'll pay over the odds for a coin with a bit of plastic around it :) 

NOT THIS MUCH!!!

ok got you ALL waiting patiently!!🙄

Added 0 minutes later...
17 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

who (in their right mind)   would pay £ XXXX for a 2002 PF70 NGC slabbed HALF SOVERIEGN!!!

£XXXX = = = = £3000!  😲

2 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

You know the online forum boasting rules. You have to post proof of any outlandish claim, or it never happened. :P 

That sir calls into question my "INTEGRITY"  - not happy! 😣

1) - I have never or will NEVER - be found to have compromised MY Integrity/trustworthiness 

2) The "FULLY RECORDED PHONE CONVERSATION" is in my possession.

3) There are couple of other Forum members who are very aware

that the facts presented above are "COMPLETELY TRUE and ACCURATE! 

I will however "ACCEPT" your  PUBLIC APOLOGY - with regards to YOUR INFERENCE!!

17 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

That sir calls into question my "INTEGRITY"  - not happy! 😣

1) - I have never or will NEVER - be found to have compromised MY Integrity/trustworthiness 

2) The "FULLY RECORDED PHONE CONVERSATION" is in my possession.

3) There are couple of other Forum members who are very aware

that the facts presented above are "COMPLETELY TRUE and ACCURATE! 

I will however "ACCEPT" your  PUBLIC APOLOGY - with regards to YOUR INFERENCE!!

Oh perleeeeeese. Did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

There will be no apology. If you can't handle light hearted banter, (winking eye emoji gives it away), then perhaps you shouldn't post.

Whenever someone posts something outlandish, it's common practice to joke about "proof" . Perhaps you are unaware of this practice. 

As John Bercow is apt to say. 'Calm down man, you'll do yourself an injury" :) (note the smiley face)

Question:  If you had three million ounces of gold to sell, would you sell them all at once?

Well, this is what happened yesterday.  In the space of half an hour three separate sell orders of one million ounces of gold were places on the COMEX futures market.  It would appear this was a deliberate attempt by an individual entity to drive down the price of gold.  Yesterday, 55 million ounces of gold had exchanged hands in total in New York.  That’s equivalent to half a year’s global gold production.

CHART-Gold-price-suffers-biggest-fall-in-six-years.jpg

https://www.mining.com/chart-gold-price-suffers-biggest-fall-in-6-years/

Should we be surprised?

The whiz kids in the City can make money when the price goes down as well as when the price goes up.

“Short sellers” were probably struggling following the recent price increases, and so this would have been a welcome relief for them.

Bullion Banks may also be seeing their business model coming under threat from low interest rates and high gold prices (I wrote about this on Sunday in the “Bullion Bank System” thread in the General Precious Metals section).

So, there are lots of vested interests that may not want the price of gold to increase, so before you rush to sell your gold, reflect on what is really happening in the gold market.

Oh yes, the Pound also had a good day against the Dollar yesterday (driving the Pound price of gold down) because Brexit is going so well!

Does anyone have any data on yesterday's silver market?

33 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

s John Bercow is apt to say. 'Calm down man, you'll do yourself an injury" :) (note the smiley face)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, John Bercow, Injury; can someone please conflate those two literally!

😉😜👍😂😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Question:  If you had three million ounces of gold to sell, would you sell them all at once?

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Yesterday, 55 million ounces of gold had exchanged hands in total in New York.

you shouldn't think of the paper markets in

physical gold terms.

in market terms, selling 1M6 out of 55M

traded for the whole day represents ~3%.

this is not a crazy figure if you consider that

it's peak volume for the day and most likely

part will be triggered losses.

if it was a deliberate attempt to suppress the

price, why was there two big red bars as

opposed to one really big red bar?

is it because you can only sell up to what a

market handle(find buyers for) at any one

moment in time?

HH

i wonder if the NFP 'survey' results coming out today aren't that good - quite a few times i've seen price taken down only to rise of weak NFP. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

26 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i wonder if the NFP 'survey' results coming out today aren't that good - quite a few times i've seen price taken down only to rise of weak NFP. 

We should find out at 12-30GMT...

Yesterday, I noticed US service sector activity accelerated in August, and private employers boosted hiring beyond what the market was expecting. Hence risk-on and gold gets slammed. If the NFP figure is strong today ,the market won’t like it...good news is bad news, as it may give the Fed reason not to accelerate the cutting of interest rates! For this reason, I sold half of my gold miners portfolio earlier..I will buy back when I think the time is right...could be hours...could be months..who knows! 

It has been a stellar three months..a pullback is no surprise..

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

Oh perleeeeeese. Did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

There will be no apology. If you can't handle light hearted banter, (winking eye emoji gives it away), then perhaps you shouldn't post.

Whenever someone posts something outlandish, it's common practice to joke about "proof" . Perhaps you are unaware of this practice. 

As John Bercow is apt to say. 'Calm down man, you'll do yourself an injury" :) (note the smiley face)

Fine -!

8 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

There will be no apology. If you can't handle light hearted banter, (winking eye emoji gives it away)

Unfortunately - you do have a propensity , to provided posts that

Even taken in a light hearted way

appear to be of a supercilious, sanctimonious nature -

But hey I am smiling OK!🤣

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, John Bercow, Injury; can someone please conflate those two literally!

😉😜👍😂😉

Off original topic :), but.....if that man said any of the rude comments he makes to MPs to any member of the public, I can guarantee he would have been lumped on so many occasions, he would have had a season ticket at the local A&E.