• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

In my humble opinion keep if you can afford to, sell obviously if you're desperate for funds. Keep looking for bargains, my one absolute is buy scrap precious metal for a rainy day as you can then keep your your coins ext. The price will keep moving in my opinion like a escalator. The good thing about scrap metal you are ready to sell to a dealer if desperate.

Cheers gazer.

Another OTH for gold in Sterling. Heading for £1500. PPng94Pj.thumb.png.388f9a8eef32f5b506559a4763cef672.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

this is nowhere near a parabolic move.

The current spot price is only 15.3% above the 200dma.

That is not even very extended for a historic market. You can expect several +20% readings at each stage of the bull market before a final blowoff top where there will be very clear warning signs - last time it was very clear when silver quickly went from $20 to $50.

We are technically overbrought, but a common characteristic of strong bull markets is that they can stay overbrought for a long time before a correction.

Edited by vand

True looking back at the percentage gained per year in USD its 20-30% jumps in most years since the start of the last bull, this year we are up 25% in GBP and only 18% in USD since the start of the year, some more to go perhaps.

Where is the consolidation, where are the pullbacks - still to come. If we get to £1500 without stopping I will take that as a clear warning sign.

4 hours ago, KDave said:

True looking back at the percentage gained per year in USD its 20-30% jumps in most years since the start of the last bull, this year we are up 25% in GBP and only 18% in USD since the start of the year, some more to go perhaps.

Where is the consolidation, where are the pullbacks - still to come. If we get to £1500 without stopping I will take that as a clear warning sign.

That's because some of the gains in Pounds is from the fall of the Pound and not the rise of the Dollar.

6 hours ago, vand said:

this is nowhere near a parabolic move.

The current spot price is only 15.3% above the 200dma.

That is not even very extended for a historic market. You can expect several +20% readings at each stage of the bull market before a final blowoff top where there will be very clear warning signs - last time it was very clear when silver quickly went from $20 to $50.

We are technically overbrought, but a common characteristic of strong bull markets is that they can stay overbrought for a long time before a correction.

Hmm, actually, on reviewing this, I may have overstated this rgold indicator. 15% can be considered extended, and 20% is quite rare.

Here's an article from the last bull market: https://www.mining.com/gold-overbought/

(incidentally, rgold readings of -5% or lower look like excellent entry points)

Edited by vand

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It just dropped 24 from when I last looked...

Royal Mint Bullion had it at:

METAL BUY SELL CHANGE
Gold £1,236.40 £1,240.89 (£23.90)-1.90%

sell sell sell - the bull market is over - sell now it will be £700oz again a week tuesday

were-all-doomed.jpg

It's the effect of the moves in Parliament and the ease at which the bill is getting through the Lords. Give it a week with the ongoing Brexit nonsense continuing to float around in the air and it will hit over 1300. (I hope!)

Here is the current (including silver in light of @Martlet's comment:

METAL BUY SELL CHANGE
Gold £1,229.13 £1,233.58 (£31.17)-2.47%
Silver £15.16 £15.22 (£0.74)-4.65%

Well, no fecker predicted that one coming...whatever method you use..when someone dumps 40 tonnes of paper gold on COMEX in 2 minutes, this is what happens...no charting method can accommodate this. Physical gold is a derivative of the paper market = crazy times!

38 minutes ago, 1817Karl said:

Gold is dropping faster than an Aussie Gold Hunters bank balance, is this the start of a move down to £1100...

Who know's Karl, wish I had a crystal ball but anything is possible given the regional uncertainty, leadership debacles and conflict worldwide, maybe a retrace below £1100?  Around a year ago Gold was trading at around £900- maybe this price is on the horizon?  

Forecasts point to an upcoming Gold bull market and I suspect that this price shake is purely down to traders wanting to buy more Gold to play with.   

The w*^%ers are running scared from the stock market and want Gold to trade for their next fast buck- I think the pump and dump merchants are greedily feasting on PM's at the minute and what better way to buy more Gold than make waves and let fear drive sales.  

The w*&n@ers are not getting any of my Gold.

Edited by richatthecroft
Typo

3 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I think the pump and dump merchants are greedily feasting on PM's at the minute and what better way to buy more Gold than make waves and let fear drive sales.  

Yes - quite right!

who (in their right mind)   would pay £ XXXX for a 2002 PF70 NGC slabbed HALF SOVERIEGN!!!

Sit down and take deep breath before the X - figure is revealed in 10 mins!!! 😉