• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone experienced in making colloidal silver?

universalcurrency

Just recently I have been taking an interest in suppliments and I have often wondered about colloidal silver. Asides whether or not it is snake oil it looks as though it could be fairly simple to make, after all most stakers have plenty of silver to re-purpose should they wish. 😀

The cost of this stuff relative to the silver content seems pricey to say the least so has anyone attempeted to make some?

Im reasonably handy with a soldering iron if anyone has a schematic....

Silver - the reason some ancients like the Egyptians put silver in drinking vessels and the wine is still drinkable thousands of years later (plus of course the 'blue bloods' of the aristocracy who used silver cutlery and weren't touched by the plague, for example).

Yep big into it, use it as a mouthwash, disinfectant, for cuts and healing etc, works a charm, though I wouldn't take it internally daily. Better than taking antibiotics everytime almost always, I usually bin the prescription and take colloidal silver and when I go for the follow-up with the GP I just nod and smile when they give me the all-clear :)

Wrongly made it could be toxic at worst (which is pretty bad ofc!) I guess, and it needs to be a true colloid to bother taking in the first place. It's very expensive to buy though so once I was sure of it I bought a generator with a PPM (parts per million) sensor which was £150 quid odd, but once you've made a few litres it's paid for itself (as long as you can also cheaply get the distilled water).

I'm sure it's pretty simple to make a machine, just a few circuits (if you want to regulate PPM which I think is super important) and some silver rods (about 5gs maybe - ?), but I'm not practical so I bought mine in for piece of mind.

Lots of schematics online I believe, but I've also seen people making duff stuff and giving tutorials. From what I understand if it's yellow don't touch it. My stuff is 10ppm and almost clear once it's been filtered.

The FDA attacks it, so it must work.

The blue guy made his own and overdid it so beware.

I wouldn't trust myself to make it properly so I bought a bottle.

Not something I would take daily but only when needed.

Dr Robert Cassar at Earther Academy has some tutorials on making silver and copper solutions.

4 minutes ago, universalcurrency said:

It seems I have a lot of homework to do.  There is no shortage of products on the market and from the limited research I have done.

This product seams to have dipped in popularity from the medical profession about the same time as pharmaceutical antibiotics came on line, hmm....

I use a silverGen colloidal machine. I've had it for a number of years now. Highly recommended but pricey. To start with look up on YouTube you can make a basic colloidal silver setup with a series of batteries and test with a Lazer. The trick with making a  good batch... is making good distilled water and pure 9999 silver rods from a reputable supplier.

17 hours ago, Groundup said:

I use a silverGen colloidal machine. I've had it for a number of years now. Highly recommended but pricey. To start with look up on YouTube you can make a basic colloidal silver setup with a series of batteries and test with a Lazer. The trick with making a  good batch... is making good distilled water and pure 9999 silver rods from a reputable supplier.

Whats wrong with 999.9 silver maples? Obviously cleaned with a suitable solvent and rinsed in distilled water.   I am not a fan of buying pm metal stock, it generally works out very expensive, ie the only buyers would be gold/silversmiths.

2 hours ago, universalcurrency said:

Whats wrong with 999.9 silver maples? Obviously cleaned with a suitable solvent and rinsed in distilled water.   I am not a fan of buying pm metal stock, it generally works out very expensive, ie the only buyers would be gold/silversmiths.

I assume that trying to effectively pass a current through a maple coin when using a series of 3 batteries wouldn't be enough. Thin silver rods would probably be more efficient using above method. There are a few supplier's of reputable silver wire/rods.... You can try the coins your choice.

If you have issues with ppm strength being to high or unknown use the colloidal silver topically or gargle and spit, the gums are very efficient at absorption.

I think this is the one I have (mine was model K2 I think but that was a few years back, they've probably all been changed since then). It's worked very well for me for a few years. The only think I find is that if you do a second 'run' the PPM doesn't read at first as it did the first time at the end of production (I think it finishes at 10ppm), possibly because the sensors are the silver rods themselves (they are after all all that touches the water - ?) and it does need to settle (hence also needing to strain the silver colloid after resting it) over a little time.

https://colloidalsilvergenerator.co.uk/product/pyramed-kt1/

Another great use for the stuff is putting half a UK mug through a laundry wash, or spraying round the kitchen or bathroom where bugs might thrive. Not feasible with the cost of factory produced stuff, but entirely possible and not very expensive when you make your own.

20 hours ago, Groundup said:

Bib - absolutely!!!

Not so sure about the car battery approach but that may be because I am a scientific neophyte :)

Not car batteries .... 9v.  

Absolutely agree I use it around the home too.

I've for the last few years been using it  when out in the sun while on holiday as a during/aftersun treatment ( this is not advice)  I hate sun creams.Caution is still needed exposing naked skin to the harsh sun. I use it on the dog for conjunctivitis. As soon as it starts to develop the gunk in the eyes I spray with colloidal silver and within two days it's gone. No expensive ointments from vets again. Someone I know who's dog constantly suffered for conjunctivitis was amazed at the speed this cleared up when they tried it.

3 hours ago, Groundup said:

Not car batteries .... 9v.  

Absolutely agree I use it around the home too.

I've for the last few years been using it  when out in the sun while on holiday as a during/aftersun treatment ( this is not advice)  I hate sun creams.Caution is still needed exposing naked skin to the harsh sun. I use it on the dog for conjunctivitis. As soon as it starts to develop the gunk in the eyes I spray with colloidal silver and within two days it's gone. No expensive ointments from vets again. Someone I know who's dog constantly suffered for conjunctivitis was amazed at the speed this cleared up when they tried it.

Sorry, I got things mixed up - I didn't mean yourself using car batteries but I have seen those a lot with people making it at home for some reason, and also saying you need the 'yellow' stuff which I think is a recipe for potential disaster myself, and some of these wrongly built DIY machines give it some of the bad rep it gets imo.

Yep it's amazing for conjunctivitis and so many other things :) I haven't used it externally too much but really should experiment, it's so helpful.

On 28/07/2019 at 21:12, Norskgeld said:

The FDA attacks it, so it must work.

Likewise anything claims to help everything from arthritis to viruses, to HIV, to cancer cant work.  Nothing works on everything, different biology and mechanisms at work.   There might be some medicinal benefit in some areas, though its homeopathy at heart so dubious.

• 1 month later...

I honestly wouldn't both yourself with making colloidal silver at home, I go through a lot of the stuff - it has a lot of ''benefits'' for people with the same hobby and interests as myself like sexing seeds for example, for all that it costs and the avalability of professional lab made stuff, it is legal after all, there is no way that you can make it as cheaply nor of as good quality/strength/purity as what you can easily buy from any garden centre/food supplement store/or online, the stuff is dirt cheap.  Not to mention that it is quite messy to make yourself in a kitchen based lab, or the fact that it will take you several attempts to get anythig half decent

23 minutes ago, Seth said:

I honestly wouldn't both yourself with making colloidal silver at home, I go through a lot of the stuff - it has a lot of ''benefits'' for people with the same hobby and interests as myself like sexing seeds for example, for all that it costs and the avalability of professional lab made stuff, it is legal after all, there is no way that you can make it as cheaply nor of as good quality/strength/purity as what you can easily buy from any garden centre/food supplement store/or online, the stuff is dirt cheap.  Not to mention that it is quite messy to make yourself in a kitchen based lab, or the fact that it will take you several attempts to get anythig half decent

Absolute nonsense. My machine makes me 1.5 litres of 'good enough' quality for perhaps 50p at most. Industrial stuff (OK it may be better) would cost you £30+.

Good enough but you have to strain it and it uses the silver electrodes to measure the ppm even though they are changing throughout?

I certainly wouldn't ingest that but then I wouldn't ingest silver anyway.  Even the silver dressings and wound ointments you get advise not using them over too large a part of the body or for an extended time.

• 5 months later...

I've just starter producing Coloidal Silver. Very simple to set up! DO NOT spend a penny on some of the ludicrous prices that are being asked for 'Coloidal Generators'.

The setup I have consists of a 1 litre jar with a plastic screw on lid, a 15v 400mA plugin charger two silver 1.5mm rods of 600mm in length.

I've drilled two parallel holes of 1.5mm about 25mm apart in the Jars lid, and the same in a 50mm square of 15mm MDF and glued the MDF exactly over the holes with a 1mm X 50mm rubber between the MDF & the Jar lid.

You'll need two small insulated crocodile clips in order to attach the cables from the charger to the silver rods, attach these to the cables from the charger, and one of these 'laser' pointers or a cheap TDA meter (Total Dissolved Solids) about £2 on ebay.

Only use PURE silver of 99.999 % purity, do not use Sterling Silver, this has too many impurities to make Coloidal silver from.

Use only DISTILLED WATER, not filtered, deionised water can be used, so long as there are absolutely no additives in it.

Rinse out your jar with Distilled water, top it up to about 15mm from the top.

Screw on the lid, gently persuade the silver rods through the MDF & rubber, leaving enough sticking out of the MDF to allow you to attach the crocodile clips, attach the clips to the silver rods, switch the charger and leave it running for about 3 - 4 hours.

After about 3 -4 hours switch off the charger, switch off any lighting and shine the 'laser'pointer through the liquid, you should see a tight solid beam passing through it, or as near it as is visible (if you're using a TDA meter you'll be looking for about 17 -25 ppm.

That's it.

Polarity isn't a major factor.

I've use the product for my psoriasis with amazing results and my neighbour had a really bad dermatological problem which the doctor just couldn't sort out. She tried it and not only did it stop the itching, the actual visible signs of the illness were fading, I'm still very impressed.

I hope this answers some of you question anyway.

Regards 

as1mov48

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 16/03/2020 at 19:02, FoolzGold said:

Do they have expiry dates on homeopathic 'medicine'? It can't really have a shelf-life if it doesn't actually do anything.

So silver ions have no effect on human body You say? Remember that microelements are essential for us even when Your intake is just fraction of mg.

1 l of watter Has about 55,5 mols and one mol is 6,02 x 10^23 particles so if You have 23 ppm there is quite a lot of silver in this water colloid. It is not homeopathy.

Archived