• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

too much for 1oz bullion?

greendragon

How much would you/have you pay for 1 troy of bullion silver?

I usually aim for close to spot

BUT

for an unusual piece I pay more

It got me wondering what an upper limit would be?

I just paid £55 each for 4 pieces , since its "only silver bullion" I can't see me paying much more at todays price level

how much premium do you pay before your bottle goes?

16 minutes ago, greendragon said:

How much would you/have you pay for 1 troy of bullion silver?

I usually aim for close to spot

BUT

for an unusual piece I pay more

It got me wondering what an upper limit would be?

I just paid £55 each for 4 pieces , since its "only silver bullion" I can't see me paying much more at todays price level

how much premium do you pay before your bottle goes?

Sometimes bullion isn't bullion, lime old ingots, they become collectable by their ratity, no design, no serial numbered just bullion from a now defunct mine or refinery...I have a couple of bullion ingots I paid over $30 for, I buy Brits that are silly because of their year of mint....it's al, don't to what peopke will pay, right now eagles are going for 20% over spot, the lcs are buying them from their wholesalers for $2 over spot because of buyers willing to pay ever more for them.

A week or so ago I paid just over £29 including shipping for a 1oz 1997 maple. So far that is the most I've paid for a standard bullion item. The 1997 1oz maple has a high premium because it is the year with the lowest mintage. I agree very much with what @DarkChameleon said above...  sometimes bullion isn't bullion. I would never make a habbit of buying expensive bullion items as I fear buying items at their top given popularity is usually just a fad. If you are comfortable with the price and love the item then the rest doesn't really matter.

11 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

A week or so ago I paid just over £29 including shipping for a 1oz 1997 maple. So far that is the most I've paid for a standard bullion item. The 1997 1oz maple has a high premium because it is the year with the lowest mintage. I agree very much with what @DarkChameleon said above...  sometimes bullion isn't bullion. I would never make a habbit of buying expensive bullion items as I fear buying items at their top given popularity is usually just a fad. If you are comfortable with the price and love the item then the rest doesn't really matter.

I got my 97 brit for $160....the set is going to bankrupt me..lol.

I have coins from Pressburg Mint which I regard as “artwork”. I don’t give a damn about the paper value, I like them. I’m waiting with baited breath for the 2020 Tokelau Chronos & Equilibrium.

My son collects Japanese Manga Art and is happy to pay £250 for a piece of paper.

So how much is too much to pay for something you like?

Most silver stackers pay close to spot for their coins but indulge themselves with novelty coins which cost appreciably more. I feel there’s nothing wrong with that as long as they also have a solid foundation of coins close to spot. I’m stacking the Star Trek coin you see on my profile which costs appreciably more than my Kookaburras, Koalas and Pandas. The coin currently costs £25.73 and I’ve stacked seven of them so far. I’m hoping to stack seventeen of them in their original capsules because that’s how many will fit in an air-tite tube.

Archived